Assistant Coaches | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Assistant Coaches

Tommy H

Tiger Champion
Apr 5, 2014
I would think we'd cover his loss quite easily. Obviously we have someone else in mind.

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
RedanTiger said:
IMO this is a reasonable move from our POV.
Rutten has been there since 2014. We've probably got as much as we can from his input to our IP. New blood may be a good thing.

Been really good Truck & wish him well but I agree with this. Got to keep moving forward.

RedanTiger

Tiger Champion
Nov 21, 2004
To explain my reasoning a bit about O'Loughlin.
I first thought of him a couple of years ago when we only had Jack and I thought his experience (IIRC) of playing at Sydney with a single dominant forward was important.
Also I think his care factor in coaching junior indigenous junior teams was important.

yandb

Tiger Champion
Mar 24, 2004
Next year we will have two dominant forwards Red so Micky's expertise will be obsolete.

Balme's expertise has been excellent in the selection of our assistants so I believe that he will continue to select the right ones.

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Though he is brilliant in his role, I wonder if McCrae has any ambitions to become an assistant?

Disappointing Truck is heading off, however having the greatest back half of the modern game will probably educate and re invent it self anyway. A new voice probably won’t do any harm

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
hope he stays but same thing happened to Hawks in thier era & they just replaced that person with a fresh voice with new ideas, we can do the same.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Could possibly be looking at Ratts as an assistant, he's had some years under Clarko after getting punted by the Bloosers n he's looking for a fresh challenge.

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
There are a number of internal guys that are pretty well regarded who may get opportunities if people leave. Mcqualter, Ferguson and X. Clarke are well regarded from what I hear and of course McRae.

This is what happens to successful teams.

It will probably happen to some fringe players as well. I suspect CEllis, menadue, miles, Bolton, Stengle, Markov, Moore and maybe even Lloyd are all being looked at.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
And coming from the B2B premiers, they'll command a premium.

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014
TigerForce said:
Truck's gone to the Bummers. Just buy off Richmond now....pricks.

Well they took our off cuts with Dan Richardson, so I suppose it's only natural they'd come back for someone who's actually very good at their job.

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
I think this shows how professional we are now, so many other clubs have told there assistants to pack there bags once they have accepted an offer elsewhere

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Mr Brightside said:
I think this shows how professional we are now, so many other clubs have told there assistants to pack there bags once they have accepted an offer elsewhere

Wouldn't be surprised if they had a huge crack at Caracella 1st and then went for Truck after Caracella recommitted to the Tige's.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Wouldn't be surprised to see the Bombers make plays for a couple of our young defenders in the making now.

TGM

Tiger Rookie
Apr 6, 2009
I heard on the 3aw last night i think that Adam Kingsley from Saints to us is the word. Very respected as far as I know.