Assistant Coaches | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • If you are having trouble logging in to the forum please contact admin@puntroadend.com // When reseting your password or awaiting confirmation please check that your email is correct and also your junk/spam emails.
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Assistant Coaches

Dont Argue

Tiger Superstar
Jun 26, 2018
Dean Solomon would be a great get.
Highly rated.
We might finally get him to Tigerland after Miller’s failed attempt 20yrs ago.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

King Kong

Tiger Superstar
Aug 26, 2016
I just read Mark Harvey has got the ass from Essendon , wouldn’t have a clue if his any good in that role , however been Premiership teammates he may be one Dimma has interest in ?

Harvey cant string 2 words together coherently. No chance of landing at Tigerland

Reactions: 3 users

aoc1974

Tiger Superstar
Mar 1, 2015
*smile* Mark Harvey......,didn't he refuse to even throw his hat in the ring back in the bad old days?

Hope Dimma is working some magic in Qld & making a mans childhood dreams come true .....

#gethodge

Reactions: 1 users

BillyJean17

Tiger Superstar
Jul 27, 2009
melbourne
Get Grigga back to the tigers
I would have held onto him to directly replace Caracella , sounds like they got a good team with leppa kinga and mcqualter and fly and Xavier Clarke , hope they all stay with 33% reduced cap , sure as hell ain’t room for anymore

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
I’d assume next years assistants are already done, however I’d like to have got Sam Mitchell , far from a fave of mine, however imho I think he’ll make a very good coach in time

TOT70

I'm just a suburban boy
Jul 27, 2004
Melbourne
Personally, I think we will elevate Xavier Clarke and Sam Lonergan, maybe Lonergan to VFL coach and bring in a couple of junior assistants as development coaches. Maybe they will appoint a recently retired player and someone who has been coaching outside the AFL for a couple of years.

It will be very difficult to bring in a senior assistant on good coin.

Unfortunately, the vindictive decision to include COVID fines in next year’s soft cap has cost another job.

Having said all this, Gold Coast ie the AFL sacked Dean Solomon with years left on his contract so they will have to pay him out for years. They may be keen to off-load some of that. Will they allow him to go to the Tigers? I doubt it.

Vindictive is the right word.

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Personally, I think we will elevate Xavier Clarke and Sam Lonergan, maybe Lonergan to VFL coach and bring in a couple of junior assistants as development coaches. Maybe they will appoint a recently retired player and someone who has been coaching outside the AFL for a couple of years.

It will be very difficult to bring in a senior assistant on good coin.

Unfortunately, the vindictive decision to include COVID fines in next year’s soft cap has cost another job.

Having said all this, Gold Coast ie the AFL sacked Dean Solomon with years left on his contract so they will have to pay him out for years. They may be keen to off-load some of that. Will they allow him to go to the Tigers? I doubt it.

Vindictive is the right word.
Lonergan being elevated is a very strong tip. Evidently did a stellar job with the players left in Melbourne who were not in the hub

Reactions: 6 users

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
I am sure Dimma nd the club know who they want to replace Leppa and the Fly and approaches already made . Whoever they are they have big boots to fill to replace those who have just left. That said I do like to read others opinions on replacement as you lot are better placed than me for that

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
I’d assume next years assistants are already done, however I’d like to have got Sam Mitchell , far from a fave of mine, however imho I think he’ll make a very good coach in time
Good call.
Sam Mitchell would be a terrific get.
He was a big factor in the WCE flag. Was the midfield coach, and theyve dropped away since he left and returned to the hawks.
Reckon no chance though.