Assistant Coaches | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Assistant Coaches

BillyJean17

Tiger Champion
Jul 27, 2009
melbourne
Get Grigga back to the tigers
I would have held onto him to directly replace Caracella , sounds like they got a good team with leppa kinga and mcqualter and fly and Xavier Clarke , hope they all stay with 33% reduced cap , sure as hell ain’t room for anymore

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
I’d assume next years assistants are already done, however I’d like to have got Sam Mitchell , far from a fave of mine, however imho I think he’ll make a very good coach in time

Reactions: 2 users

TOT70

I'm just a suburban boy
Jul 27, 2004
Melbourne
Personally, I think we will elevate Xavier Clarke and Sam Lonergan, maybe Lonergan to VFL coach and bring in a couple of junior assistants as development coaches. Maybe they will appoint a recently retired player and someone who has been coaching outside the AFL for a couple of years.

It will be very difficult to bring in a senior assistant on good coin.

Unfortunately, the vindictive decision to include COVID fines in next year’s soft cap has cost another job.

Having said all this, Gold Coast ie the AFL sacked Dean Solomon with years left on his contract so they will have to pay him out for years. They may be keen to off-load some of that. Will they allow him to go to the Tigers? I doubt it.

Vindictive is the right word.

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Personally, I think we will elevate Xavier Clarke and Sam Lonergan, maybe Lonergan to VFL coach and bring in a couple of junior assistants as development coaches. Maybe they will appoint a recently retired player and someone who has been coaching outside the AFL for a couple of years.

It will be very difficult to bring in a senior assistant on good coin.

Unfortunately, the vindictive decision to include COVID fines in next year’s soft cap has cost another job.

Having said all this, Gold Coast ie the AFL sacked Dean Solomon with years left on his contract so they will have to pay him out for years. They may be keen to off-load some of that. Will they allow him to go to the Tigers? I doubt it.

Vindictive is the right word.
Lonergan being elevated is a very strong tip. Evidently did a stellar job with the players left in Melbourne who were not in the hub

Reactions: 6 users

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
I am sure Dimma nd the club know who they want to replace Leppa and the Fly and approaches already made . Whoever they are they have big boots to fill to replace those who have just left. That said I do like to read others opinions on replacement as you lot are better placed than me for that

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
I’d assume next years assistants are already done, however I’d like to have got Sam Mitchell , far from a fave of mine, however imho I think he’ll make a very good coach in time
Good call.
Sam Mitchell would be a terrific get.
He was a big factor in the WCE flag. Was the midfield coach, and theyve dropped away since he left and returned to the hawks.
Reckon no chance though.

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Good call.
He was a big factor in the WCE flag. Was the midfield coach, and theyve dropped away since he left and returned to the hawks.
Reckon no chance though.
Straight swap for Fly?

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Good call.
Reckon no chance though.

No way.
He thinks his shitt dosent stink.
Dik of a bloke.
Hardwick
Kingsley
Longegan
Clarke
Knights
Newman

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
We’ve lost a lot of quality and experience from our assistant coaching ranks in the past year or so. Caracella, Leppitsch, McCrae. It’s undoubtedly a significant part of our success. I trust we have plans in place to cover it.

Reactions: 1 user