Assistant Coaches | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Assistant Coaches

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
More Assistants on the move.
Tim Clarke heads back to Carlton, Brad Miller joins Gold Coast, and Craig Jennings has been hired by GWS.

Craig Jennings, Mr Strategy. Me. Me. Me.

Anyone ever hear him on Crunchtime - gee whiz, you'd have thought he coached as many flags as Clarko the way he went on. And on. And on...........................
Haha I was just about to say they same thing. He loves the sound of his own voice does Jennings.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Haha I was just about to say they same thing. He loves the sound of his own voice does Jennings.
Also sounded like he was always trying to get a job by kissing each clubs coaching staffs as search time , I ended up turning off after Daisy had finished with her analysis

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Kinga sounded pissed off with hus dealings with Carlton.
Can't wait to see him and ask him why the *smile* did he waste his time going for the Carlton job in the first place.
The joint has always been crooked

Reactions: 1 user

bob

Tiger Superstar
Mar 18, 2014
Also sounded like he was always trying to get a job by kissing each clubs coaching staffs as search time , I ended up turning off after Daisy had finished with her analysis
And I always thought Leppa's silences/long pauses after he spoke were like 'yeah sure mate, what crap'

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

bob

Tiger Superstar
Mar 18, 2014
Blues are making the moves.

Carlton have poached Ashley Hansen, who had been slated to be Luke Beveridge’s senior assistant, to hold the same role under new senior coach Michael Voss.

Hansen, who has been a fixture at the Bulldogs in Beveridge’s time at the helm and had been promoted to senior assistant following the exit of Steven King to Gold Coast, will coach the forwards and act as Voss’ senior lieutenant in a revamped coaching panel.

Hansen’s arrival will finalise the overhaul of Carlton’s coaching panel, with Tim Clarke, who had worked at Gold Coast until last year, returning to the Blues to be midfield coach, while ex-star forward Aaron Hamill has left the Saints, where he had been a fixture on and off the field, making a prodigal return to his first club as coach of the defenders.
Hansen, a 2006 West Coast premiership player, wants to be a senior coach and sources said his move from the grand finalists was, in part, recognition that he needed to broaden his experience at another club.

Clarke had worked at Carlton under Brendon Bolton as midfield coach from the end of 2015 for three seasons, having cut his teeth at Richmond as a development coach and of the VFL team.

bob

Tiger Superstar
Mar 18, 2014
Geelong has reportedly sounded out Ross Lyon for a coaching role at the club in 2022.

The Herald Sun reports Lyon has spoken with Cats coach Chris Scott about becoming either a coaching director or strategy member of the club’s footy department.

Hayfever

Tiger Champion
Apr 12, 2005
Geelong has reportedly sounded out Ross Lyon for a coaching role at the club in 2022.

The Herald Sun reports Lyon has spoken with Cats coach Chris Scott about becoming either a coaching director or strategy member of the club’s footy department.
If true, I can’t see Scotty lasting the full season. One or two poor losses would see Salty under enormous pressure.

• Wow

deedee

Tiger Matchwinner
Sep 12, 2011

Playing assistant coach???

• Haha

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
If true, I can’t see Scotty lasting the full season. One or two poor losses would see Salty under enormous pressure.
Pretty sure old Salty just got another two year extension from SHocking. Reckon the admin at Geelold think the sun shines out of Salty's arse so not much chance of him coming under pressure any time soon.
Geelold fans simply love Salty when they're winning lots of games each season n making finals year after year. Then they all hate his guts when they get knocked out of the finals n fail to win the flag. Soon as they start winning again the next season and look like playing finals again, they forgive n forget until they miss the flag again. It's an ever decreasing circle for the moggies n one day soon they'll all disappear up their own arse...........................end of the ladder.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Does anyone know what the contract status is of our assistants? I can’t seem to find anything about it.

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
Does anyone know what the contract status is of our assistants? I can’t seem to find anything about it.
Was wanting to know the same Ace.

Expect the new coach would want his own team unless McQualter gets the job then they would stay.

Need new faces.

New ideas.

Other voices .

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
With a relatively young coach in Mini, Newman or the like, do we need to hold onto some older, wiser heads?
Can’t have a totally young, inexperienced team.
But I would love to see Grigga back in yellow and black

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
With a relatively young coach in Mini, Newman or the like, do we need to hold onto some older, wiser heads?
Can’t have a totally young, inexperienced team.
But I would love to see Grigga back in yellow and black
Did anyone from the Wallace years stay on to help Hardwick?

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
Did anyone from the Wallace years stay on to help Hardwick?
Can’t really remember but lots of mistakes were made in Hardwick’s early tenure. So much so that at the end of 2016, the club actually said to him, either you go, or your assistants do, hence the massive clean out of assistants