Assistant Coaches | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Assistant Coaches

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
Buckley couldn‘t coach the players who sit on our VFL bench IMO.

Seriously, I am not a fan of his as I wasn‘t really motivated by what or how he did things at the pies so let’s hope it’s just a rumour.

Reactions: 1 user

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
I heard the rumour about FIGJAM to Richmond, let’s see if it has legs.

Don’t particularly like Bucks, but if he could take charge of the midfield I won’t pretend it isn’t exciting.
Makes sense. .. already has the IP.... stole the playbook post 17..!

nikolasmia

Tiger Superstar
Sep 3, 2007
Buckley couldn‘t coach the players who sit on our VFL bench IMO.

Seriously, I am not a fan of his as I wasn‘t really motivated by what or how he did things at the pies so let’s hope it’s just a rumour.

agreed

Premierships avoid him like no other player in AFL history

Statistically no one in AFL history has played and coached in more games than Buckley, and NOT won a flag.

Reactions: 1 users

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
I heard the rumour about FIGJAM to Richmond, let’s see if it has legs.

Don’t particularly like Bucks, but if he could take charge of the midfield I won’t pretend it isn’t exciting.
He’s never given the impression that he works well when he’s not the one calling the shots.

Ghost of 29

Handball - its just a fad!!
Aug 16, 2008
Can’t think of one player he has developed in his system. Look at their midfield. Pendlebury and Beams were already there, Treloar and Adams from GWS. Good midfield no doubt but was already in place.

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
With Clarke now stepping in full time as an assistant to the senior team I wonder which part of the ground will he look after.

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
With Clarke now stepping in full time as an assistant to the senior team I wonder which part of the ground will he look after.
Maybe defense for X Man?
Kingsley to mids/stoppages
McQualtar forwards
Teague offensive movement
Ivan rucks of course
Wouldn't mind seeing an old KPP come in as a development coach to work with Lonergan and Morris.

Reactions: 1 users

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
agreed

Premierships avoid him like no other player in AFL history

Statistically no one in AFL history has played and coached in more games than Buckley, and NOT won a flag.
The pies won a flag when he was an assistant.

Reactions: 2 users