Assistant Coaches | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Assistant Coaches

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
We’ve lost a lot of quality and experience from our assistant coaching ranks in the past year or so. Caracella, Leppitsch, McCrae. It’s undoubtedly a significant part of our success. I trust we have plans in place to cover it.

Reckon the Club will have things in hand.
I think Dimma is starting to enjoy the importance of refreshing his coaching assistants. The players also probably enjoy the new stimulation and input from fresh minds. I'd go so far as to say that Dimma feels comfortable within himself now that he enjoys the opportunity to mentor other coaches on their respective journeys.
Let's not forget that Clarko guided Dimma along the way and showed him some of his coaching traits.
In achieving such wonderful accomplishments and success in the AFL world, Dimma has become an amalgam (in the best possible way) of himself and other successful, individually and professionally, coaches/leaders/mentors.
It's obvious and apparent in the way he goes about developing and coaching his teams.

I feel sufficiently confident that Hardwick and his group of assistants will guide the team to B2B2B in 2021.

Reactions: 2 users

Midsy

I am the one who knocks.
Jan 18, 2014
London
Considering Dimma isn’t coming back until Feb, I’d suggest it’s all in hand.

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016
We’ve lost a lot of quality and experience from our assistant coaching ranks in the past year or so. Caracella, Leppitsch, McCrae. It’s undoubtedly a significant part of our success. I trust we have plans in place to cover it.
and Rutten. All 4 senior coach qualities. Only Kingsley left so we need another top line assistant

Reactions: 1 user

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Heard that Kingsley ( spoken so highly ) is in North’s coaching ‘list’...stay out . Coach killing job .

Yep having lost Leppa and Fly we can ill afford to lose Adam Kingsley who's CV is now complete ;), seriously what more can he add to it, double Premiership Assistant Coach, his role this year was midfield/stoppage and over the finals games we were +30 in this area previously a weakness.

He was in the same position last year with prospective Adelaide job but withdrew to stay loyal and further his development at Richmond, (below is what he said in 2019)

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 6 users

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
and Rutten. All 4 senior coach qualities. Only Kingsley left so we need another top line assistant
I dont think we will worry about assistant coaches next year. Hardwick is the best coach going around, and really how hard is it say "move it forward", and "where's Dusty"?

• Love

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
I dont think we will worry about assistant coaches next year. Hardwick is the best coach going around, and really how hard is it say "move it forward", and "where's Dusty"?

Also "Raise the fight"

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users

Timmy99

Tiger Matchwinner
Jan 7, 2006
Canberra
Here’s a suggestion out of left field. Cotchin takes on a part time coaching role will still playing. Maybe hand over the captaincy as well.

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014
With Leppa and Fly going, I hope Kingsley stays as he’ll probably be the de facto coach during Dimma’s break, which will really add to his CV.

Beyond that, I think we will retain our existing assistants and promote Sam Lonergan who was brilliant with the guys who joined the hub later. Can’t see us poaching anyone else from another team.

Ghost of 29

Handball - its just a fad!!
Aug 16, 2008
Will be plenty of assistants on the market.
Jade Rawlings for one.

• Haha

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Don’t think we want him back.
Coached us for 11 games for 3 wins.
Reminds me too much of the bad old days.
Like Shaw, He was let go from North because he had his own issues. Lolnorf are coach killers.

Jewell

Tiger Cub
May 4, 2006
We don’t need any new coaching staff. All sides affected equally by coaching reductions. We are as well placed as any to cope with reduced staffing given our experienced list and setup. Ride it through next year and then assess from there. We have two quality people leaving the club and they will be missed (Fly and Leppa) but all other clubs the same.

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Kingsley in the box seat for Norf.

New coaches box in 2021.

• Angry