Assistant Coaches | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Assistant Coaches

toothless

Tiger Champion
Aug 16, 2009
It appears the club's fiscal policy is well under way... We're looking at saving a lot more than $100,000 on the soft cap at this rate

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Price of success is high.
The way we are going there will be only Dimma left soon.
Does anyone have news of any likely appointments. ?
Or will we appoint within?

BigRicho might be free?
No new people.
Guys given extra jobs
Longegan, McQualter, Kingley and Clarke

Reactions: 1 user

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
A wonderful player but how is he as a coach?

The bloke is a star. Don't worry the shitt at Essendon. That job postion was always posioned from the start, no-one would've survived.
Matthew knights is the best person ive met in my time following Richmond since the late 70's. He would always say hello, he would stay back for a kick and would always let us in the rooms at interstate games.
I would have knighter back in a heart beat.
Knights, Keane, Richo, Flea are my all time favourites.

Reactions: 2 users

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Geelong will start its AFL pre-season next week without experienced doctors Geoff Allen and Drew Slimmon, who both resigned from the club last week.

The Cats face the “extraordinarily difficult” task of replacing the seasoned sports medicos, while physiotherapists Mark Young and Hamish Macauley and head strength and conditioning coach Chris Dennis are also moving on.

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/...n/news-story/c28a476f2d0a207bf59b8badc23e7a60 (paywalled)

Seems to be an exodus of AFL medical staff after 20% pay cuts.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users

Bernie

Tiger Superstar
Aug 19, 2008
Tura Beach
Been standard procedure at VFL / AFL level since before I was in nappies. Opposition clubs spend more time, energy n money on trying to tear back down successful clubs, than they spend on actually trying to find ways to become successful themselves.
Amply assisted by a sycophantic and sniveling media at times!

Reactions: 1 users

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Sydney have pinched our strength and rehab coach Rob Inness to their high performance team.

losses are mounting up:

Fly
Leppa
Inness

:mad:
Don’t think that is a big loss.
Yes, played with Dimma, and is highly rated. Has he picked up another gig since leaving the Suns?
Thought he has stepped away and decided to concentrate on a gym he owns.

Reactions: 1 user

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016
We were always going to lose some of our rehab and medical staff given the huge cuts to the soft cap we have to absorb. Likely a few more to come.

Tigertough1974

Tiger Champion
Oct 1, 2013
Im concerned with Fly and Leppa leaving and before that Truck that our much heralded development will be effected by these loses, i hope i am wrong...

As much as we want to speak about Dimma and the culture etc the development (which we were awful for many years) has been a major factor in our success, as has been pointed out many times look at the amount that have won flags in last 4 years that were rookies....

I hope Balmey and team are on the ball as id hate to see us go backwards in this regard, so crucial to ongoing success.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Im concerned with Fly and Leppa leaving and before that Truck that our much heralded development will be effected by these loses, i hope i am wrong...

As much as we want to speak about Dimma and the culture etc the development (which we were awful for many years) has been a major factor in our success, as has been pointed out many times look at the amount that have won flags in last 4 years that were rookies....

I hope Balmey and team are on the ball as id hate to see us go backwards in this regard, so crucial to ongoing success.
Yes, it is a concern, and Caracella is another one.

There's an ex teammate of Dimma's that I like, Jarrad Schofield, they played in a Premiership with Port.
He coached Subiaco to 3 premierships in the WAFL, and is currently an assistant at Port. His son looks like being picked by them as a father-son.
He's been at Port for 2 years now, and I reckon he's a reason why they have improved. Dimma should get on the blower and say to avoid any conflict of interests with your son, come to Richmond.
He's probably contracted, but he'd be a good get if we could somehow manage to get him out of his contract.

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
The bloke is a star. Don't worry the shitt at Essendon. That job postion was always posioned from the start, no-one would've survived.
Matthew knights is the best person ive met in my time following Richmond since the late 70's. He would always say hello, he would stay back for a kick and would always let us in the rooms at interstate games.
I would have knighter back in a heart beat.
Knights, Keane, Richo, Flea are my all time favourites.
Message from Castagna:
“You’re dropped”

• Haha

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Dean Solomon:
Former Gold Coast Suns assistant coach Dean Solomon has confirmed he intends to seek another football job in 2022, following a 12-month sabbatical out of the game

“It’s hard to say right now but the plan is for 12 months (out of football) and then get back in,” he said on SEN Breakfast.