Assistant Coaches | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Assistant Coaches

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
I'm disappointed that McCrae and Leppa are at Scumwood. Both were a big part of our success; 3 flags in 4 years. Hopefully they see nothing like that at Scumwood.

I'd also like to see some refreshing of our coaching ranks. Apart from Dimma and Kingsley I feel we are a bit light on for top quality and experience.
On the surface, appears we’ve lost a lot of strategic nous.

Reactions: 9 users

theglove3

Tiger Champion
Jun 3, 2003
So can someone advise how many vacant Asst spots we have?

So in recent times we have lost:
The Truck
Blake
Leppa
The Fly

Maybe Kingsley if he gets Scum job.
So who is there at the moment?
Beavis
Blair
Tim
X

Cheers.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
So can someone advise how many vacant Asst spots we have?

So in recent times we have lost:
The Truck
Blake
Leppa
The Fly

Maybe Kingsley if he gets Scum job.
So who is there at the moment?
Beavis
Blair
Tim
X

Cheers.
assistants are Kingsley, X, McQualter, Lonergan. Any others? No sure

Reckon Kingsley gets the Carlton job and takes one other with him. Leaves only 2 left.

I'll put my hand up - I'll work for cheap.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

theglove3

Tiger Champion
Jun 3, 2003
Cheers TyroneByVickery and H.
We will certainly need to fill some spots and get some help for Beavis.

Leysy Days

Tiger Legend
Feb 26, 2004
Very worried Kingsley is going to land Carlton job. Real chance.

Would leave a very big hole in an already underdone Assistant Coaching team.

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Assistant coaches contracts dont end until October. So I assume most movement to be announced in the coming weeks.

By all accounts Teague is coming. If Kingsley lands the Carlton job then we will need to do some serious head hunting on an a senior assistant.

Are any of our current assistants out of contract? If not then this might restrict us on replacing them.

HKTigerB

Tiger Rookie
Jun 24, 2019
Pretty sure Ryan Ferguson helps out as well. Whilst officially our AFLW coach, I'd be very surprised if he's not helping with the AFL team.

taztiger4

Shovelheads- Keeping hipsters off Harley's
Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria
Assistant coaches contracts dont end until October. So I assume most movement to be announced in the coming weeks.

By all accounts Teague is coming. If Kingsley lands the Carlton job then we will need to do some serious head hunting on an a senior assistant.

Are any of our current assistants out of contract? If not then this might restrict us on replacing them.
Assistants need to be advised by end of August if they are being retained.

Reactions: 1 users

Go The Tiges!

Tiger Matchwinner
Sep 14, 2009
reports saying Michael Voss will go to blues therefore Kingsley to stay. Probably won’t be any more changes

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
So are we going to ad another or we‘ll just replace Kingsley if needed ?
I dont think we will. Though I would love for us to get an experienced defensive coach - eg. Scarlett.

In saying that we may still lose McQualter. Carlton did sound him out in this current process about the senior role. He also was linked to going over there as an Assistant if Lyon got the job.