Australia Day 26 January | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Australia Day 26 January

The British settled Australia & the cry now is that we be apologetic to the settled for what our British forefathers supposedly committed. Now if you are not of British descent do you have to be apologetic or is just the people of British descent ?.
Urr whats up folks !! . Cat got your tongue on this one . Tigers of Olde not many around these days of Jack Dyer & Co's calibre is there.

It’s ironic that many of those who voted No in the referendum claiming that it was “divisive”, are very supportive of a public holiday that is actually divisive.

Reactions: 7 users
It’s ironic that many of those who voted No in the referendum claiming that it was “divisive”, are very supportive of a public holiday that is actually divisive.
Racism is at the heart of both. Racism and entitlement.

Reactions: 2 users
About time this old chestnut put to rest. Year after year we get to read & listen to this anti Australia diatribe from The Few. PM should act eg Councils who do not hold Citizenship ceremonies on Oz Day should have their license revoked to hold such ceremonieson another day. Councilors who support no Oz day ceremonies ineligible for future Australia Day honours . This also goes to corporate figures as well who belittle Australia on Australia Day.

Aust Open and Cricket Australia rightfully snub Australia Day. It's only a matter of time before the date is changed.

Reactions: 1 users
One does assume all recipients of this Australia Day Honours list are advocates of the present date & system. If not it would be most Honourable if they put their hand up & return such Honour.

Aust Open and Cricket Australia rightfully snub Australia Day. It's only a matter of time before the date is changed.
Agree, March 3 should be the date that Australia Day is celebrated, that is the date that we had the courts and legislative shackles removed from the UK.

Reactions: 1 user
Agree, March 3 should be the date that Australia Day is celebrated, that is the date that we had the courts and legislative shackles removed from the UK.

I'd just be happy for any day where we can celebrate what Australia provides for all of us, and what we stand for, that EVERY AUSTRALIAN can support. At the moment, the date alienates a segment of our population which is why IMO the date should change. The meaning of the day wouldn't change, but it would be a date that we can all celebrate being Australian.

The rhetoric that Tigaman portrays is dangerous, as he constantly keeps saying that people don't want people to celebrate being Australian. Thats untrue. Most indigeonous Australians, see themselves very much as being Australian and are proud of the country we have become, they just cannot face celebrating this on the 26th January due to what that date represents, as it represents the date when the invasion / occupation of Australia began and led to mass executions, rape, child abductions etc. Thats nothing to celebrate, but the country we are now is something to celebrate, it should be a celebration for ALL though.

Reactions: 7 users
Oz Open & CA just carnivals now full of clowns getting on the Me Me Me bandwagon.

I'd just be happy for any day where we can celebrate what Australia provides for all of us, and what we stand for, that EVERY AUSTRALIAN can support. At the moment, the date alienates a segment of our population which is why IMO the date should change. The meaning of the day wouldn't change, but it would be a date that we can all celebrate being Australian.

The rhetoric that Tigaman portrays is dangerous, as he constantly keeps saying that people don't want people to celebrate being Australian. Thats untrue. Most indigeonous Australians, see themselves very much as being Australian and are proud of the country we have become, they just cannot face celebrating this on the 26th January due to what that date represents, as it represents the date when the invasion / occupation of Australia began and led to mass executions, rape, child abductions etc. Thats nothing to celebrate, but the country we are now is something to celebrate, it should be a celebration for ALL though.
If it did not happen on the any given day you would not be here. You be peddling cheap foot wear on a corner in Soho in your chaff onsey.

Jazzy popped up with his juvenile taunt. Water off a ducks back.
I’m not guilty. It was someone else, maybe another Jazz.
I don’t mind Australia Day being on the 26th (I don’t live in Australia anyway), but if it needs to change to make the nation more united, then I’m fine with that. We need a united Australia for the future. The problem is finding a new date that most people agree on. Maybe January 1, the Federation Day, and make January 2 a holiday? I also think we should change the flag. We are proud of our Aussie flag, but here its confused with the England or UK flag , since they share the same design. They just don't see Australia in our flag . Canada did a good job with their maple leaf flag, which is unique and distinctive. I know that’s not popular with some people, but I think it’s time for Australia to have its own identity.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
If Australia Day was moved from the 26th,people would still whinge .
Australia Day is the 26yh of January ,and that's it,any Government that tries to change it,is committing political suicide .

Thank goodness Australians are pushing away from the woke *smile*,and getting back to reality.

Reactions: 1 users
Good article here, the last paragraph resonates and goes against the views of Tigaman that its a small minority.

The other factors to prove its not a small minority is that this is political and economic suicide to those companies that move against Australia Day if the majority support the date.

The longer nothing is done on this, the more toxic and divided the nation becomes. We need leadership from the government to take this to the people. Geez, make it a referendum if you like, unless the current government are considering pushing the republic move again and roll all this in together. If Australia voted to become a republic and therefore severing more ties with the UK, then it positions a move away from Australia Day as that was the day of British occupation of what we now call Australia.

Easy if Oz was not settled you would be in Soho London selling thongs in a chaff bag onesie .

Sure I would. I'm pretty sure I'd be in a similar well paying job that I am now, just contributing all the tax I pay to the UK instead of Australia, but spit out the *smile* like you usually do.