Australia Day 26 January | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Australia Day 26 January

If Australia Day was moved from the 26th,people would still whinge .
Australia Day is the 26yh of January ,and that's it,any Government that tries to change it,is committing political suicide .

Thank goodness Australians are pushing away from the woke *smile*,and getting back to reality.
Why is celebrating Oz Day on Jan 26 so important to you?

Reactions: 1 user
The Victorian LNP are now going to withdraw support for the Victorian treaty.
They want to concentrate on practical measures to improve the lives of indigenous people. The same as the federal LNP said in the Voice campaign.
LOL, what a joke they are. They will all do what Tories always do in relation to indigenous issues …. Sweet *smile* all

• Sad
Reactions: 3 users
If Australia Day was moved from the 26th,people would still whinge .
Australia Day is the 26yh of January ,and that's it,any Government that tries to change it,is committing political suicide .

Thank goodness Australians are pushing away from the woke *smile*,and getting back to reality.

Australia Day is the 26th of Jan and that's it?

Nice of you to show your ignorance. Despite the fact that the first fleet invaded in 1788, Australia Day has only been a public holiday since 1988, seems it took 200 years for it to become Australia Day so I wouldn't say that's it.

On the other hand, it really is Independence Day in India (when the Indian Constitution came into effect after the transition to become a republic and the removal of the British Crown as Head of State), so maybe we could more accurately call it India Day. More than willing to take a day off for Indian Republic Day, I'll have a nice Chicken Korma to celebrate.

DS

Reactions: 1 users
It's a day to acknowledge our history good and bad ,and it's a day to celebrate how lucky we are to live in a democratic and peaceful country compared to many other's .
If you don't like the day don't celebrate it SIMPLE ,but a few people on here are just whiners .
The majority of the country will be celebrating the 26th AUSTRALIA DAY....

Australia Day is the 26th of Jan and that's it?

Nice of you to show your ignorance. Despite the fact that the first fleet invaded in 1788, Australia Day has only been a public holiday since 1988, seems it took 200 years for it to become Australia Day so I wouldn't say that's it.

On the other hand, it really is Independence Day in India (when the Indian Constitution came into effect after the transition to become a republic and the removal of the British Crown as Head of State), so maybe we could more accurately call it India Day. More than willing to take a day off for Indian Republic Day, I'll have a nice Chicken Korma to celebrate.

DS
Victoria adopted 26 January as Australia Day in 1931, and by 1935, all states of Australia were celebrating 26 January as Australia Day (although it was still known as Anniversary Day in New South Wales). The name "Foundation Day" persisted in local usage.

Go live in India,,this is Australia,,and if people from other cultures don't except it,,*smile* off back to there countries.

It's a day to acknowledge our history good and bad ,and it's a day to celebrate how lucky we are to live in a democratic and peaceful country compared to many other's .
If you don't like the day don't celebrate it SIMPLE ,but a few people on here are just whiners .

Victoria adopted 26 January as Australia Day in 1931, and by 1935, all states of Australia were celebrating 26 January as Australia Day (although it was still known as Anniversary Day in New South Wales). The name "Foundation Day" persisted in local usage.

Go live in India,,this is Australia,,and if people from other cultures don't except it,,*smile* off back to there countries.

Simple question.

Why don't you want a day that EVERY AUSTRALIAN can celebrate everything that is great about Australia? Why are you so set on keeping a date that is clearly divisive? Isn't the point of a day to celebrate Australia so EVERYONE can celebrate and therefore why is this specific date so ingrained for you?

Do you not regard indigenous Australians as being Australian?

Reactions: 2 users

Cmon man, its the Indigenous Australians that want this the most. You know the people who were here first and the ones the British raped, murdered, enslaved and lets not forget the genocide AND ethnocide....

and *smile*, how can you blame them?

Could we not celebrate all this on a different date?

Some people try to turn this into a debate about whether we should have Australia Day at all, or where Australia is a good country. That is not what changing the date is about.

Some people try to turn this into a debate about whether we should have Australia Day at all, or where Australia is a good country. That is not what changing the date is about.
Better not change it to sometime in the middle of winter. No public holidays in Feb, stick it in there somewhere n make do.

Good luck getting the RWNJs on here to debate this in good faith.

Reactions: 4 users
Urr so we can llsten & read who is a real Aussie & those who whine about anything Australian eg know alls like Australian cricket captains Cummins . Cummins if he did not have Stark Lyons & Hazelwood he would not be smiling ear to ear.

The indigenous Australians are the original inhabitants of Australia. If you can't accept this and that they find the notion of celebrating the day the dispossession of their country, the discrimination, the racism, all began, to be offensive , then you really should f**ck off back to wherever your forebears (recently) came from.

DS

The indigenous Australians are the original inhabitants of Australia. If you can't accept this and that they find the notion of celebrating the day the dispossession of their country, the discrimination, the racism, all began, to be offensive , then you really should f**ck off back to wherever your forebears (recently) came from.

DS
Tut tut such language. Admin where are you ?.

Real Australians are used to swearing, you too can f off to where your recent forebears came from.

If you don't like the fact that Indigenous Australians were here first then leave.

DS

That doesn't explain why it needs to be on January 26. It can and should be on another day. Australia is a country of inclusiveness. January 26 is not a inclusive date.

Real Australians are used to swearing, you too can f off to where your recent forebears came from.

If you don't like the fact that Indigenous Australians were here first then leave.

DS
They must have been here first as they were not capable of displacing any one else. They were so backward Phillip & Co just rocked up with a few transports of chained up criminals ,rowed ashore ,raised the Union Jack had a BBQ ,drank some fine wine toasted the King did not fire a shot at any inhabitants . I have the same right as them as I was born here. I do not dislike them as they are just a mixture of good & bad like any other nations. What I dislike is so called descendants of them pushing the wheelbarrow that they are owed compensation when half or more of their heritage is of white heritage eg 25 % native 75% Caucasian. 75% of their heritage is what they bitching about. They spit on their white heritage with high profile persons leading the way.

I have the same right as them as I was born here.
I agree that we should aspire to have the same rights. Indigenous culture has the same right to be represented in our national symbols as the European settlers who were involved in the story of the eventual creation of Australia. It’s all part of the story.

But if we tally up indigenous vs non-indigenous representation, your ‘same right’ dream doesn’t exist:

Flag - 0 indigenous representation
National day - 0 indigenous representation
Anthem - 0 indigenous representation (though it could be argued that the change from ‘young’ to ‘one’ is a small admission that they exist.)

War veteran Michael Von Berg slams Waverely Council NSW to hold a Dawn Service on Australia day. The Dawn Service is sacroscant to Anzac Day & tribute to our Fallen. They are that far up themselves they are pitiful.

Last edited:
The Dawn Service is a public ceremony, usually conducted on Anzac Day by the Returned and Services League of Australia with involvement from all three services of the Australian Defence Force.

No mention of sacrosant anywhere. Even the army's website only says it's usually on ANZAC Day. Maybe the army are now woke.

War veteran Michael Von Berg slams Waverely Council Melbourne to hold a Dawn Service on Australia day. The Dawn Service is sacroscant to Anzac Day & tribute tour Fallen. They are that far up themselves they are pitiful.
Waverley Council in Sydney are holding a dawn reflection. Not a dawn service in Melbourne. it is unlike you to get facts wrong.
sometimes i think you look for things to get outraged about.