Australian Economics | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Australian Economics

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
The Lying Kangaroo strikes again, not sure I've seen a brand do so much self harm in such a short time.

It's a case study unfolding in real life.

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
The "Lying Kangaroo". I like it. This could be your greatest post ever.
Not mine, saw it in an article, might've been Joe Aston in the AFR. He has slayed them lately.

Will miss the "Rear Window".

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
fair point. But how much profit did Evans make from AFL catering rights?
Evans overpaid for a tiny little catering company in Perth that had the rights for the WACA back in the 80's, 18 months before the Eagles got their licence to come into the AFL and you guessed it, play at the WACA and increase turnover ten times. There is a page in Michael Warners excellent book "The Boys Club" that details the deal and its staggering.

Reactions: 2 users

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
Evans overpaid for a tiny little catering company in Perth that had the rights for the WACA back in the 80's, 18 months before the Eagles got their licence to come into the AFL and you guessed it, play at the WACA and increase turnover ten times. There is a page in Michael Warners excellent book "The Boys Club" that details the deal and its staggering.

outrageous.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
The AFL sure pick em. Ron Evans had the suggest conflict of interest we've ever seen.
Just unreal Ron Evans. Terminate catering services with O'Briens and appoint your own company of which you are the MD of and have shares in - Spotless Services - to a multi million dollar bonanza.

The conflicts and boys club shenanigans within the AFL have been going on for a loooong time. One of the most dishonest, duplicitous large scale corporations in Australia.

Reactions: 1 users

Legends of 2017

Finally!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 24, 2005
Melbourne
The AFL sure pick em. Ron Evans had the suggest conflict of interest we've ever seen.
Just unreal Ron Evans. Terminate catering services with O'Briens and appoint your own company of which you are the MD of and have shares in - Spotless Services - to a multi million dollar bonanza.

The conflicts and boys club shenanigans within the AFL have been going on for a loooong time. One of the most dishonest, duplicitous large scale corporations in Australia.
Isn’t having a conflict of interest a prerequisite to having a position of power in the AFL heirachy?

Reactions: 2 users

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003

And Gillon McLachlan married the daughter of the Spotless Chairman. Spotless sold out to Downer for a motza a few years ago, a billion-odd, then not sure what happened but they lost the MCG contract or didn't bid. Knowing how they operate, maybe once the insiders didn't have a stake the favours dried up OR the former owners had inside knowledge of what was to come. The whole joint stinks.