Bachar Houli - بشار حولي, | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Bachar Houli - بشار حولي,

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
It was mid-40's. They reckoned couldn't use the pick we offered, but it was fair for where Houli was at. Seemed to think Hird for Knights would be the magic tonic, before they reached for Dank's magic tonic.

They refused to deal and forced Houli into the PS draft so it's a bit rich that they're now making out that they did Houli a favour.

Interestingly we ended up with picks 6, 7, 9 & 11 out of that compromised draft (Conca, Caddy, Prestia & Lynch). Not a star-studded draft but it ran deeper than some others.
Dodoro is rewriting history

A check of the 2010 draft shows that they picked players at 8, 31, 48, 64 and 80 in that draft so to say that they wouldn't have used the pick we offered them can't possibly be correct.

Reactions: 8 users

Rancey18

Tiger Champion
Mar 15, 2014

A check of the 2010 draft shows that they picked players at 8, 31, 48, 64 and 80 in that draft so to say that they wouldn't have used the pick we offered them can't possibly be correct.
Correct - and we offered a pick in the 40s from memory. He comes across very much as a FIGJAM and has been swindling Essendon for years (long may it continue).

Reactions: 2 users

bigwow

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2003
Melbourne

Correct - and we offered a pick in the 40s from memory. He comes across very much as a FIGJAM and has been swindling Essendon for years (long may it continue).

Richmond used 47 on Brad Helbig, imagine this was the proposed trade for Houli. Essendon then had pick 48.

Reactions: 1 user

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004

Sheedy said he's got some great ideas for the club.
If he steasl our "Eureka" game from North i'll be so upset.
That's been the corner stone of our membership success

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

Althom

Tiger Superstar
Jul 23, 2016
“I’ve got another mouth to feed so I’ve got to think of my future,” Houli said, referring to his newborn baby.
Sounds to me like if Essendrugs offer him a multi year deal he'll take it.

• Sad
Reactions: 1 users

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
“I’ve got another mouth to feed so I’ve got to think of my future,” Houli said, referring to his newborn baby.
I would be devastated.

Rancey18

Tiger Champion
Mar 15, 2014
Said it in jest didnt he? Followed it up by saying he loves it at Richmond.

• Love

sconies

Tiger Rookie
Aug 22, 2019
welp.
Said it in jest didnt he? Followed it up by saying he loves it at Richmond.

Seems like selective editing.

“I’ve got another mouth to feed so I’ve got to think of my future,” Houli said, referring to his newborn baby. “I’m sure my management is taking care of the business side of things but I’m just focusing on football right now. I’m so happy at Richmond Football Club that my mind is nowhere else at the moment.”

123cups

Tiger Champion
May 1, 2016
I’d love to see Bachar and Saad play together next year. We’d look great running the ball out.

• Haha

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
Dodoro tried to claim that not having Houli somehow got them Hibberd, who went on to be AA, which is true. What he doesn’t say is that Hibberd won his AA jumper with Melbourne, after his time at Essendon.

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Really at 32yo next year and a few more injuries of late, who's going to offer Houli a long term contract? And that's the only way I could see Houli leaving the Tigers. Money won't be an issue, he's a, smart man and will do well after footy. I say Houli stays on another year contract.

Tigers2011

What did I miss dad?
May 6, 2007
Mt Waverley, Victoria
I’d imagine Houli will sign a one year extension with an option for one more if certain goals are met. With Houli going on, & with Baker, Short & even Markov, we don’t need Saad? Why? We also don’t need Crouch unless coaches don’t rate our young draftees & that’s not logical. Collier-Dawkins hasn’t even had a chance yet as one example.

Rancey18

Tiger Champion
Mar 15, 2014
Get used to it.

Recruiting 'culture builders' at the end of their career to be part player/part coach is trendy, so Houli won't be the last talked about.

I wouldn't be surprised to see half a dozen or more of our current side end elsewhere.
I'd hate to see it as a supporter. I couldnt get my head around Hodge, Mitchell and Lewis finishing their careers at other clubs, and couldn't bear to think about our champions doing the same. It just doesnt seem right.

I get why other clubs are keen to do it. Just dont like it as a fan. Hopefully it doesnt come to it.

• Love
Reactions: 11 users

fastin bulbous

Tiger Champion
Mar 30, 2010
Darwin
Getting rid of lids was pretty helpful. As much as we love them, if you don’t continue turning your list over you end up *smile*. I’m not advocating for Houli being traded but how will we feel if we trade out one of our young half backs and they go on to star at another club when Houli is long gone? It’s a balancing act.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
If Houli can do for us what Deledio did when we went to GWS, I'd have no issue.

hutstar

Tiger Superstar
Dec 17, 2002
Florida
I'd hate to see it as a supporter. I couldnt get my head around Hodge, Mitchell and Lewis finishing their careers at other clubs, and couldn't bear to think about our champions doing the same. It just doesnt seem right.

I get why other clubs are keen to do it. Just dont like it as a fan. Hopefully it doesnt come to it.
It's the nature of free agency. Agree it's a bit of a shame but for the players, it's another year making way more money than they'll make when done (most likely) and seems to offer a pathway to coaching.

fastin bulbous

Tiger Champion
Mar 30, 2010
Darwin
This article is hilarious- the author has been ranting about Essendon being self obsessed and having to get beyond only employing their ex players on the real footy podcast. Lucky ol sheeds is back to derichmondise the joint! His endorsement of dodo is beautiful :rotfl2

Reactions: 4 users