Bachar Houli - بشار حولي, | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Bachar Houli - بشار حولي,

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
This article is hilarious- the author has been ranting about Essendon being self obsessed and having to get beyond only employing their ex players on the real footy podcast. Lucky ol sheeds is back to derichmondise the joint! His endorsement of dodo is beautiful :rotfl2

Bit of a problem when the footy department's full of ex-Richmond people.

Essendon consigned their identity to a bottle on a shelf in Dank's office. How long until 'whatever it takes' makes a comeback?

Reactions: 7 users

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Went to ground a little easier tonight, his worst final as a Tiger.

Reactions: 4 users

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
Wasn't a big contributor tonight.
Seemed out of sorts to a degree.
And certainly wasn't used much by his team mates.

Reactions: 1 user

hutstar

Tiger Superstar
Dec 17, 2002
Florida
Wasn't a big contributor tonight.
Seemed out of sorts to a degree.
And certainly wasn't used much by his team mates.
Still not match fit IMO. Same with Shedda. We have to make some allowance for it. It's a shame and all, but there's no 2nds to come back through, so we have no choice but to either play these guys short of match fitness or just not play them at all.

Reactions: 3 users

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016
Happy for Essendrugs to take him on that form. Back to his bad habits of crapping himself when pressured

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
Happy for Essendrugs to take him on that form. Back to his bad habits of crapping himself when pressured
That last tap on when he could have easily taken possession was worst option and execution was off. Intercept lead straight to sealer. Has plenty of credits but he would want that one back.

Reactions: 1 users

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
Sure Houli was out of sorts on Friday then so was Grimes, Jack to a point, George, Baker, Bolton and even Sheds. I think we were over confident but had a dose of harsh reality so expect them all to up their game for next week

Reactions: 2 users

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
I think we were over confident

Hope you're right. We're accustomed to them wilting when the heat's turned up. Only two years ago they couldn't score a goal against us until just before 3/4 time. To say Brisbane "came of age" on Friday night is apt. Next time we'll be better prepared.

Hopefully it's brought things sharply into focus. We're underdogs again.

Reactions: 4 users

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
This article is hilarious- the author has been ranting about Essendon being self obsessed and having to get beyond only employing their ex players on the real footy podcast. Lucky ol sheeds is back to derichmondise the joint! His endorsement of dodo is beautiful :rotfl2

Big article in today's Hun where ex list manager / recruiter Buckenara rates Essendrugs list Haaaaarrrrrgggh, Dodo's done a magnificent job of building them a finals pretender.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 3 users

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania

Why, after reading that article do you get the feeling that the bumbers are in for more pain - having a board member prepared to get that deep into the footy dept reeks of meddling - surely into today’s governance- the board sets the direction, appoints the CEO and t
thens lets the CEO get on with it. The only difference in footy is that the Board would also have some input into the coach.

Sheedy speaks like a 1980’s board person would.

Clearly Sheedy has been brought in to keep the feral coteries in order but he thinks he is there to employ the list manager down to the cleaners.

Reactions: 2 users

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Houli has been below par since his return

do you replace him with markov?

dimma won't

T-Shirt Tommy

Have you got the oven on?
Apr 11, 2011
That last tap on when he could have easily taken possession was worst option and execution was off. Intercept lead straight to sealer. Has plenty of credits but he would want that one back.

Yep, too cute at that time of the game. Definitely a facepalm moment.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Sheedy speaks like a 1980’s board person would.

Or a 2020 Collingwood board person, or a 2020 Port Adelaide board person, or a 2020 Hawthorn board person.

Granted they are all Presidents, but they are still meddling into the day to day affairs when they are only on the Board and not executives

saigon tiger

Tiger Superstar
Jun 4, 2010

dimma won't
I hope so. We can't just play the game that players who are well down on form will come good when it counts. Right now is when it counts and we should be playing players who are hungry and performed when selected. Houli, Rioli, Castagna and arguably Pickett and an underdone Astbury are down on form. Markov, Broad and arguably Caddy have performed whenever selected. This blind faith in players is my biggest concern to stop us going all the way.

Number8

Tiger Superstar
Oct 12, 2010
Melbourne

dimma won't
I feel something has to change and St Kilda's speed makes this idea a viable option.

Houli is definitely out of sorts. It's probably just taking him time to slot back into the defensive group.

But there is a sense his teammates aren't using him in the way they normally do.

Is he running to the wrong spots? Has playing Short and Baker changed his role somehow?

I won't be shocked to see Bachar make way this week.

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
i think with Bachar, Astbury and Prestia returning so late (Shed as well but less so) it kind of upset the apple cart in a way.
i dig these guys are the established elite, but the team was rolling on fine, and readjustment so late in a season (despite 'systems') would have an effect. wouldn't it ?

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
i think with Bachar, Astbury and Prestia returning so late (Shed as well but less so) it kind of upset the apple cart in a way.
i dig these guys are the established elite, but the team was rolling on fine, and readjustment so late in a season (despite 'systems') would have an effect. wouldn't it ?

it would. Calculated risk, get the best side right for the GF. Risk is they don't make it :)

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
I feel something has to change and St Kilda's speed makes this idea a viable option.

Houli is definitely out of sorts. It's probably just taking him time to slot back into the defensive group.

But there is a sense his teammates aren't using him in the way they normally do.

Is he running to the wrong spots? Has playing Short and Baker changed his role somehow?

I won't be shocked to see Bachar make way this week.
I would like to bring Markov in. He is definitely much taller - making him better in the air and more versatile to handle both smalls and medium talls, and faster than Houli. I din't appreciate Bachar's game much, not a single possession in Q4, and that terrible tap showing no game sense when things were so desperate. I still believe that Oleg can be moved forward too to inject real pace and a different look if we need it, such as if the Saints' tall backs are winning. (Yer, I know about Carlisle and Ryder - good fortune for us - but they still have some decent match-ups in their defence) There is no way Bachar is going to be expected to play anywhere else but HBF at this stage of his career. I also feel his kicks seem to be less effective, little penetration.
I hope he's not playing with the fear of injury on his mind due to anxiety over his next contract, wherever that may be. (As I felt BEllis played in '19 finals)
Just thought his effort looked a bit innocuous. I want hungry players in our finals side. No more 2nd chances.

However, in saying that, I deeply admire and respect BH. There are others I would put in the firing line for replacement too. KMac (7Ds), Pickett (6/1/3/2) missing after Q1, Aarts (2/2/3/1). But even some of our most reliable in Grimes (2/3/0/0 !!) and Baker (3/4/1/0) had shockers. Our two wingers here were given a hiding: by McGluggage (20 x Ds) and Berry (16).

Rioli did not get a touch Q2; George Q1. Dusty, Prestia and Fridge seemed to fade away badly in the 2nd half. Edwards too perhaps?

Overall, I have to say, Bach was better over 3xQs than many others were over the whole game. Sure, i'm just measuring against possessions for ease and convenience, but I doubt many would argue these names played a great match (except DM and Graham in 1st half).

I would be happy for Dimma to be brave enough to make a few changes: Markov and Caddy (if 100% fit) at least. [Will leave Chol for elsewhere].