Bachar Houli - بشار حولي, | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Bachar Houli - بشار حولي,

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Great achievement Bash. Hoping for a win and a BOG performance tonight, reckon our half backs will be super important if we tonight.

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
Great achievement Bash. Hoping for a win and a BOG performance tonight, reckon our half backs will be super important if we tonight.

Yes - not many players go on to play 200+ games at a second club - he and Grigg were 2 very astute trades that help build our dynasty.

Gives Hugo a chance to learn alongside the master.

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
His contribution to our culture may never fully be understood or even recognised by outsiders because he’s such a humble man and would never spruke himself. But when you spend time with him, he leaves a mark on your life. Add that to his on field heroics and you have a RFC legend that will live on deep within the clubs rich history.

Reactions: 2 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
His contribution to our culture may never fully be understood or even recognised by outsiders because he’s such a humble man and would never spruke himself. But when you spend time with him, he leaves a mark on your life. Add that to his on field heroics and you have a RFC legend that will live on deep within the clubs rich history.
Hopefully we keep underwriting the BHF so Bachar stays engaged with the club.

Reactions: 1 users

yandb

Tiger Champion
Mar 24, 2004
He will be disappointed in this 200th game, a few half step moments tonight that he had eliminated from his game in recent times.

Reactions: 1 user

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Could have kicked a goal but done some silly pass to a man who was covered.
Houli would have kicked that in the past

Reactions: 1 users

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
He will be disappointed in this 200th game, a few half step moments tonight that he had eliminated from his game in recent times.
Yep. Missed an easy spoil that cost us, went timid after a handball from Naish (I think it was) going forward and fumbled at a critical moment, got caught a few times.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Has given us extraordinary service, but sadly the end is very near.
I think the end for Bash should've been after his GF heroics to be honest.

He still going hopefully he sparks up as the season rolls on.

I didn't see the game tonight but his form and movement have been slow and his kicking has lacked any real penetration mostly up and unders.

His legs don't seem to have the power in them post such a long term calf injury, with match fitness it may return and help his confidence but it doesn't seem to have improved overly much the past few weeks.

He is nigh on done, he is just as fallible as the Skippa and Dion now to soft tissue injuries.

Has time to find form with the injury list.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
I think the end for Bash should've been after his GF heroics to be honest.

He still going hopefully he sparks up as the season rolls on.

I didn't see the game tonight but his form and movement have been slow and his kicking has lacked any real penetration mostly up and unders.

His legs don't seem to have the power in them post such a long term calf injury, with match fitness it may return and help his confidence but it doesn't seem to have improved overly much the past few weeks.

He is nigh on done, he is just as fallible as the Skippa and Dion now to soft tissue injuries.

Has time to find form with the injury list.
Nice rant for somehow that didn't even see the game.

I'd be shocked if he's not carrying something, but with our depleted team we chose to play him. Seemed slow and unsure of himself. Much like you do when you're playing injured

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Nice rant for somehow that didn't even see the game.

I'd be shocked if he's not carrying something, but with our depleted team we chose to play him. Seemed slow and unsure of himself. Much like you do when you're playing injured
Not a rant its fact hes shown no turn of foot, no real penetration in his kicks and has been run off by his opponents in every game this year.

He hasn't improved in those areas which were his strengths,

His calf injury by all rights was a bad one obviously exacerbated by playing on in the GF but at his age such an injury can help to be a career ender, physically right now he is off his best.

Last edited:

lamb22

Tiger Legend
Jan 29, 2005
Could have kicked a goal but done some silly pass to a man who was covered.
Houli would have kicked that in the past
Doubt it. He has always kicked more points than goals in his career.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Not a rant its fact hes shown no turn of foot, no real penetration in his kicks and has been run off by his opponents in every game this year.

He hasn't improved in those areas which were his strengths,

His calf injury by all rights was a bad one obviously exacerbated by playing on in the GF but at his age such an injury can help to be a career ender, physically right now he is off his best.
This is the same Houli who was near best on ground 2 weeks ago in our come from behind win against Footscray?

Reactions: 3 users

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
This is the same Houli who was near best on ground 2 weeks ago in our come from behind win against Footscray?
Yeh, had a great game against the dogs. Tonight was awful, but not alone. He and Jack wee pathetic.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
To me he just looks a bit unsure of himself as someone else said. Makes me think he is either carrying a niggle or not ready to trust his body fully.

Hope he can turn it around but I am having doubts about Bachar going on beyond 2021.

When he retires he needs to stay connected to Richmond, he is of huge benefit to the team and the club.

DS

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016
Looked real bad when he shat himself running with the flight. Those things are non negotiable’s in our team.