Bachar Houli - بشار حولي, | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Bachar Houli - بشار حولي,

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Didn't look right to me. Was lethargic. At times his chases on opponents looked claytons-like. He'll strike back however he is in his twilight. Likely his last season?

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
I didn't think he was too bad, has lost a yard of pace, which is to be expected at his age.

HKTigerB

Tiger Rookie
Jun 24, 2019
It was Eid on Thursday. Maybe he over indulged.

Actually his workrate early was huge. May bave teeaked something as he struggled a bit in the latter stages.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Yep. Missed an easy spoil that cost us, went timid after a handball from Naish (I think it was) going forward and fumbled at a critical moment, got caught a few times.
There were two occasions where I thought he could’ve been more desperate and made an attempt to spoil. Have noticed him being ignored a bit, possibly because of Kane Cornes Syndrome - running to spots where he can get the ball, but maybe not to the benefit of the team. Late in the game, an opponent waltzed around him while Bachar looked powerless to quicken out of a trot.

His fantastic second half against the Dogs aside, he hasn’t been his usual self. Wondering if the injury has taken 10% off him, permanently. Hopefully he can find the extra gear for one last run home.

Reactions: 2 users

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Looked real bad when he shat himself running with the flight. Those things are non negotiable’s in our team.
Is that the one where he was never going to get to the drop of the ball, saw a Tiger and GeeWhizz player coming full tilt from the opposite direction who were also not going to get to the drop n was smart enough to not get crushed by running into the incoming while creating a two on one loose ball situation?

Reactions: 1 user

TheUmpire

Tiger Rookie
Sep 30, 2003
Is that the one where he was never going to get to the drop of the ball, saw a Tiger and GeeWhizz player coming full tilt from the opposite direction who were also not going to get to the drop n was smart enough to not get crushed by running into the incoming while creating a two on one loose ball situation?
No. It was the one where he shat himself under the flight of the ball and put in a number of short steps.

No one is saying Bachar is soft, but he was underwhelming more than once last night.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
No. It was the one where he shat himself under the flight of the ball and put in a number of short steps.

No one is saying Bachar is soft, but he was underwhelming more than once last night.
Just watched the replay earlier today, wasn't specifically searching for a Bash incident but I can't recall seeing him take a dump. When was it? I've got the day off tomorra so I might have a rummage n see what happened.

SpaceAce

Tiger Superstar
Aug 19, 2007
Constant fumbling and helicopter kicks without penetration.
Love Bachar, but sadly his stellar career is coming to an end.

Reactions: 2 users

Mikee

Will we ever get there?
Feb 21, 2003
Melbourne
Was shocking in the 1st half, thought he was good in the 2nd, looked to be running on top of the ground & gave good rebound & drive off back & beyond. Yeh was too fumbly at times, conditions & the lions pressure were big factors in our players fumbling, Lions train under these conditions so the slippery conditions was an advantage for them.

Reactions: 1 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Houli's mistakes were amplified simply because he got the ball more than anyone else on our side. 27 for Houli ahead of Baker on 24

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Constant fumbling and helicopter kicks without penetration.
Love Bachar, but sadly his stellar career is coming to an end.
When he missed that pass going inside 50 in the 3rd, just rapped up his night.
He wasnt good all night.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Bachar may have got good numbers but that detracts from the fact he had a poor overall game tonight. Nowhere near his usual standard
Doesn't detract, it does the opposite, it highlights his poor form because you see more of it.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Bachar may have got good numbers but that detracts from the fact he had a poor overall game tonight. Nowhere near his usual standard
When Fart Cheee out mark him without Basher throwing in a fist started his rotten night.
Numbers mean *smile*.
27 touches 3 good things
Poor night for his high standards

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
When Fart Cheee out mark him without Basher throwing in a fist started his rotten night.
Numbers mean *smile*.
27 touches 3 good things
Poor night for his high standards
Yeah we freed him up in the second half like the Bulldogs game. Might've been playing wing. Had a bit of the ball but hurt factor was low.

Reactions: 1 user