Bachar Houli - بشار حولي, | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Bachar Houli - بشار حولي,

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
His goal in the 2017 granny. Put us in front after a rocky start and we all thought, hello - we're in this.

• Love
Reactions: 5 users

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Not a bad word should be said about this great man!

The ultimate Richmond man.

I hope he plays on next year. I know for a fact he does and does not care if its in the reserves as a developer of our younger players.
He deserves to leave the game on his teammates' shoulders in a packed MCG.

Reactions: 5 users

TOT70

I'm just a suburban boy
Jul 27, 2004
Melbourne
Has been a star. It has been a bit sad to watch him this year though. Let’s remember how he nearly won two Norm Smith medals and helped win a third premiership, playing 90% of the game with a serious injury.

Thanks, Bachar.

Reactions: 10 users

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
He deserves to leave the game on his teammates' shoulders in a packed MCG.
Yeh, you would hope he can get back on the MCG in front of the tigers faithful for a proper send off. Knighters wrote a very good piece incl Bachar on the GDT that summed him up well. Running second in 2 x NS's to the greatest finals player ever is no mean feat.

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Rips calf in first quarter of GF. Coach asks him to play. Does it with a smile on his face.

Ultimate team man.

Reactions: 9 users

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016
No one is rejoicing but it was time for him to go. Not the right way by any means but it saves Dimma a hard decision and gives someone younger a chance to impress

Reactions: 1 user

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008
And he was called soft for how many years? Hard as nails.
Very true - and to be fair (to the critics - and I've been harsh on him at times too) - that hardness just wasn't natural for him.

But he fought his way through that. And even though there were times where you could see that flicker of hesitancy - he would still tough it out for the tackle or the crunching he was about to cop or whatever it was. And of course the GF performance last year was incredibly brave.

I hope he does play on for the next year or two in the VFL so we can see him run around at Punt Road before heading over to the 'G for the main game.

Reactions: 1 users

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
I know some will be rejoicing but he's a huge loss. Usually the one that sets the tone with his hard running off half back.

Just when we need more run in our game we lose one of our best runners.

*smile*
I'll personally delete any ones post if I see them celebrating or rejoicing over what is likely to be an injury that finishes his career.
The most humble, giving Richmond man on our list. He deserves our admiration and thanks.

Reactions: 10 users

Ghost of 29

Handball - its just a fad!!
Aug 16, 2008
Bachar has been one of the greatest recruits ever. Integral part of getting the team up and going from 2013 onwards but also in each of the premierships.
clearly he has hit the wall this year but nobody can stop a ticking clock. If this is it for Bachar, I tip my hat to a great career and great service to the RFC.

Reactions: 7 users

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
I'll personally delete any ones post if I see them celebrating or rejoicing over what is likely to be an injury that finishes his career.
The most humble, giving Richmond man on our list. He deserves our admiration and thanks.
Well said.
A three-time grand final hero.
A legend of the Club

Reactions: 1 users

houstontiger

Tiger Rookie
May 26, 2014
To this day I still reckon he was BOG in the 2017 GF.

If this is it, then well done on a great career. Legend!!!

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 8 users