Bachar Houli - بشار حولي, | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Bachar Houli - بشار حولي,

Not sure about that. We had a long list of whipping boys during that time
Read this thread from the start. It wasn't only Bachar's football that was questioned, it was him as a human.

Reactions: 1 user
Whilst Bashars injury was just another unfortunate traumatic injury mechanism, with his ankle and not related to his most recent soft tissue niggles and issues is it too big a reach to suggest our game style has caught up with some of our older players and some of the hardest runners are all being crippled this year with soft tissue injuries.

Reactions: 1 user
An extremely unfortunate injury for Bash .

I have not read up on it is the full extent in regard d to it.

Perfectly said.

I once said Hardwick putting his faith in Houli would cost him his job. I'm eternally grateful to have had the chance to tell both men face to face I was wrong.

And both of them couldn't have been more relaxed about it.
You probably would have been better served just keeping that opinion to yourself. Fancy saying that to someone’s face!

Thanks Bachar.

I've never been more wrong about a player.

We dont create a dynasty without this legend.

Reactions: 2 users
Yes but I still reckon Bachar was behind Ty Vickery in the whipping boy stakes

You can't put Princess in Houli's class. Ty several rungs below in output. He should be compared to Tivendale, Hyde and Matty White

Thanks Bachar.

I've never been more wrong about a player.

We dont create a dynasty without this legend.
Yep, always said we would never win a final with him in the side, ironically we wouldn't have won without him.
I have Bash in the same class as Neale Daniher, determined, compassionate, courageous, enormously admirable men.
Deserves to go out on the shoulders of his teammates in front of a packed MCG, and I say proudly that I will shed a tear when it happens

Reactions: 3 users
Yep, always said we would never win a final with him in the side, ironically we wouldn't have won without him.
I have Bash in the same class as Neale Daniher, determined, compassionate, courageous, enormously admirable men.
Deserves to go out on the shoulders of his teammates in front of a packed MCG, and I say proudly that I will shed a tear when it happens
Beautifully said mate.

Couldn't agree more

Will not only loose a great player , but a great bloke and club man that loved the club and works for his community so generous with his time.

Reactions: 1 users
A true Tiger great, if this is indeed the end we are all eternally grateful for the contribution he made to our club.

As good as he has been on the field, I have always been more impressed with his demeanor off the field.

I struggle to think of a more impressive human being. His kindness, compassion and the way he conducts himself has always been first class. He has made me feel quite inadequate as a person on more than one occasion.

I really hope he stays around the club post-football. He is an asset that you just don't want to lose.

Reactions: 7 users
'Inshallah' to Bachar as he recovers

No nicer person at the club and with the Houli Foundation strongly associated with RFC he'll be around come his retirement from playing.

and he can have a cup of tea anytime at my place.

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Has the club confirmed season over? Club website states 'will likely need surgery a mild ankle syndesmosis sprain'.

He hasn’t retired. He still wants to go on next year. Would not be surprised to see him given another 1 year contract.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
He hasn’t retired. He still wants to go on next year. Would not be surprised to see him given another 1 year contract.

I'd rather we keep our dynastically culture intact for the next generation and be pragmatic about our next flag push and be very gentle with managing our champs,

than be ruthless.

its a long game.

I honestly think I'd rather finish 9th next year, than win the flag with Bachar and Dave and Cotchy in Gold Coast and GWS jumpers.

not to say these blokes cant contribute significantly in 2022

Hawks kooked it big time IMHO

I'd rather we keep our dynastically culture intact for the next generation and be pragmatic about our next flag push and be very gentle with managing our champs,

than be ruthless.

its a long game.

I honestly think I'd rather finish 9th next year, than win the flag with Bachar and Dave and Cotchy in Gold Coast and GWS jumpers.

not to say these blokes cant contribute significantly in 2022

Hawks kooked it big time IMHO
Couldn’t agree more. Tipping out all your stars in one go is dangerous.