Bachar Houli - بشار حولي, | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Bachar Houli - بشار حولي,

Leysy Days said:
The Saints will be a good test for where Bacher stands on Friday night.

Wasnt his best game last year for the Bummers against the Aints?

Bachar is one of the few who will run hard and to space, if our mids can get on top i would expect Houli to get plenty, if Aints lock the game up with that awful tripe they play it might be a long night for Houli along with the rest of us

Serviceable. 7:45 left in the 2nd great kick into the forward 50 that resulted in a Martin goal.

Also two tackles for you Barnzy!

Scribblar said:
Bachar is serving his purpose.

Needs to get involved more but along with Grigg a big part of why our spread from the contest is getting better.

Gave Gram too much leg rope early. But I am yet to see his attack on the ball be anything but top notch.

Everytime this bloke got near the pill I yelled out "GO BRUCE" !! Does that count for PYMPS ?

BRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCE !!!!!
BRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCE !!!!!
BRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCE !!!!!
BRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCE !!!!!

Go BRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCE !!!!!

Red Sea Tiger said:
Everytime this bloke got near the pill I yelled out "GO BRUCE" !! Does that count for PYMPS ?

BRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCE !!!!!
BRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCE !!!!!
BRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCE !!!!!
BRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCE !!!!!

Can't leave this one alone. WHAT THE?

Red Sea Tiger said:

BRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCE !!!!!
BRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCE !!!!!
BRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCE !!!!!
BRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCE !!!!!

FitenFitenWin said:
Can't leave this one alone. WHAT THE?

Ask Tigerdog

Tigerdog said:
I have a couple of additions for mine.

$5 for every game I see a banner in the crowd referring to Houli as 'BRUCE'.

$10 for every game we win by 60 points or more.

Jukes Extended said:
Thought he was alright....didn't get a heap off it but he used it well.

His numbers were low. That probably had a lot to do with the pressure that St Kilda were applying. And again his disposal was iffy when placed under the hammer. Would definitely need to improve a lot on tonights performance.

Was looking for some positives last night for Bachar
1 one lace out kick the rest were floaters or long bombs. (i would prefer that he make mistakes trying to execute his skills instead of playing safe and puting his team mates under pressure with those floaters)
2 two tackles (last week he didn't even get close enough to touch an opponent)
3 burrowed hard in for a contested ball (1q) i mean really fought hard in the pack good to see.

While he had a quiet night there were some positive signs.

Was't convinced against Carlton but he looked better against Saints.

Jury still out but feelling more positive now.

If Houli turns out to be the only poor recruitment decision made then by Mary, Joseph and the sweet baby Jesus we are ahead of any other year in the last ten. In a sea of absolute winners the jury is still out for our Essendon freebie.

I think the most damning thing is that our outside brigade is so weak that he walks in and - who precisely is out there to take his spot?

Still yet to see this elite kicking that has been hyped up so much. He and Edwards are very lucky. Need to lift.

Red Sea Tiger said:

BRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCE !!!!!
BRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCE !!!!!
BRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCE !!!!!
BRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCE !!!!!

I'm proud.

It's a start. Put it in the Rnd. 2 PYMPS total.

FitenFitenWin said:
Ha ha ha that's funny. What a card. :hihi

This is what RST is on about, my campaign...

Re: Bachar Houli
« Reply #29 on: January 21, 2011, 08:38:31 pm »
Reply with quote Modify message

Bachar Houli has signed over 70 of his friends and family to be new Tiger members. What a champion. Cool

Ok people, here is where I propose a nickname for him that works on a few levels.

Someone mentioned something in response to a Wiggles concert, it was about the Hooley Dooley's. I don't have kids but I had heard of them. Anyway it got me to thinking...

Bachar Houli ... 'The Flying doormat' BRUCE Doull. 'Doulli'. Bruce Houli.

Then I got to thinking about Bachar's new number, 14. BRUCE Tempany's old number. Played in the 82 GF.
And in 1980 BRUCE Monteath captained us to a flag, by a then record margin, over a hapless Scumwood.

It stands to reason, that if the RFC are to make another Grand Final, we need a BRUCE in the team.
No one these days calls them BRUCE Wink so we will have to invent a BRUCE and that BRUCE, is Bachar!!
Now, before my laptop unceremoniously crapped itself a few days ago, I had a pic of BRUCE Houli ready to Photoshop onto an old cover of the movie 'They Call Me BRUCE'. It was going to be GOLD because he would have had a headband and everything just like BRUCE Doull used to wear.
There is just too much synergy to ignore. Grin

There will be signs in the crowd that say "We call him BRUCE."

I bet Commetti can't wait to say "Well the Tiger fans they just love him, they call him BRUCE." And just imagine how much it'd make BRUCE MacAveney ROOOAAR. Haha.

Let's call him BRUCE.