Bachar Houli - بشار حولي, | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Bachar Houli - بشار حولي,

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
The gift from Essendon that kept on giving to the Tigers. A wonderful servant to our club, our culture, the community and to the game. I reckon he has made the right decision but hope he keeps a connection with the Tigers as we need people like him at Punt Road.
Good luck Bachar and hope the future gives everything he wants
Yep. What a gift. Well done Bash. Loved your career with us and admittedly sad that's it ended. his first line in his speech was classic "signed a 3 year deal boys" :mhihi

Reactions: 1 user

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Can't believe Dudoro wouldn't accept pick 47 for Bash. They could have had Brad Helbig.

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
OK, firstly, Thanks Craigy for reading my mind, you have saved me quite a bit of typing this evening, as we think very very much alike in this instance.

Like yourself, I was totally pissed beyond reason when we obtained Bash from the Don's, he wasn't the "type" of player I thought we needed or could help our situation back then.

Never have I been more wrong about a Footballer than I was regarding Bash and never happier to admit it, watching what he grew into, not just the Footballer, but the person that we all absolutely admire beyond words almost.

Its very rare that an entire fanbase has the same feelings for a player over a long journey, there's usually always a low point somewhere along the road, but not with this bloke, he just continued to improve year after year and lead by sheer will to become a leader on and off the field that we all are so very proud to call a Tiger Champion.

Loved the BIG Games and was always the one early on to be right there to start the ball rolling, never one to wait for "someone else" to turn the key, I will miss his composure and LEFT FOOT immensley, but my, what wonderful memories you have left us with.

Continued success with the Foundation and life outside of Football and Thank You for proving me 100% incorrect, I've loved every second of it.
Cheers mate

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
Is the Houli Foundation still going to be based in the Punt Road Redevelopment? I think maybe it is ..

meaning he's definitely going to be around RFC moving forward and that's great ...

Tenacious Tiges

I remember when Balmey just thugged them .....
Apr 11, 2003
Yep. What a gift. Well done Bash. Loved your career with us and admittedly sad that's it ended. his first line in his speech was classic "signed a 3 year deal boys" :mhihi
And his last line, “Tiger for life!”

Berwick boy

Tiger Superstar
Apr 27, 2004
THANK YOU, Bachar
Your contribution to the Club, your team mates and the wider community has been amazing.
Beautiful human being and champion footballer.
Will always be my Norm Smith in the 2017 GF
100%...spoke with a mate from SA who is a Crow supporter after the game, and we both agreed Bachar won it for us (especially in the first half when it was so crucial to gain control).

Legend who is loved by all...no one seems to have a bad word about bach.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
100%...spoke with a mate from SA who is a Crow supporter after the game, and we both agreed Bachar won it for us (especially in the first half when it was so crucial to gain control).

Legend who is loved by all...no one seems to have a bad word about bach.

Given we have holidays in September could be a good time to dust off the 2017 finals campaign videos.

• Love
Reactions: 4 users

Al Bundy

Premiers 2017, 2019, 2020 ...2021?
Aug 27, 2003
Melbourne
Given we have holidays in September could be a good time to dust off the 2017 finals campaign videos.
Hey, we also get to watch 2019 and 2020 too. Lot's of games we can watch.

DS
haha.. I had bought every year the season box sets :)
Hrs of enjoyment.
I had plans this year (in the off season) to watch all the games in each season but when we reach the finals, 1 a night. Soak it up. :)

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
I only have the finals packs but did download the whole 2019 season when we first went into lockdown in 2020.

Plus, still have that old box set of 1967,1969, 1973, 1974 and 1980. That 1967 GF is a great game.

DS

thegdog

Tiger Champion
Sep 28, 2009
Herald Sun:

Houli 'angry and resentful' over retirement. :rolleyes:
Why would you air any bad feelings after a stellar career at a magnificent club. The time was right and to play on would be selfish. Seems the good guy act not entirely genuine

Berwick boy

Tiger Superstar
Apr 27, 2004
Why would you air any bad feelings after a stellar career at a magnificent club. The time was right and to play on would be selfish. Seems the good guy act not entirely genuine
Would not believe everything you read either tgd.