Basketball | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Basketball

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
With Simmons, nobody knows what's really gone on other than those closest to it.
I'm of the opinion that it's generally better to trade a disgruntled player for what you can get rather than have it hanging around the club like a lead weight. The 76ers are still a team to be reckoned with without him anyway. Maxey & Thybulle are good young players too. They should cut their losses.
Simmons has a heap of good skills but his inability to shoot as a point guard? That's unheard of in the NBA. Guy has to reinvent himself fast to become a top player again wherever he ends up.
Sixers 7-2 without BS. Others flourishing in his absence..

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Could be a poor mans Luka Doncic, that’s no small feat.

If we can get Simmons & Giddey in the Boomers, look out.

Josh Green and Jock Landale doing some nice things as well.

Reactions: 2 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
How about the Goat, LeBron, a couple of days ago, 43 points and 14 rebounds in 29 minutes of game time.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 user

Sammy Cougar

Goodness Gracious me The Tigers have got Another
Staff member
Mar 6, 2004
Not a bad starting 5 we could have at the next olympics
Giddey, Simmons, Mills, Green, Landale

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Not a bad starting 5 we could have at the next olympics
Giddey, Simmons, Mills, Green, Landale
Thybulle, Ingles, Exum, Nick Kay, Dyson Daniels maybe. Luke Travers will be there. Exciting times.

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
Not really into basketball too much but loved Thybulle at the Olympics. How has he been going?

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Surely Ben Simmons gets traded this week.
Can't believe he hasn't played or been traded yet.
Basketballers need to play. His once promising career is bleeding to death.
One of the most bizarre situations.

Reactions: 1 user

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Surely Ben Simmons gets traded this week.
Can't believe he hasn't played or been traded yet.
Basketballers need to play. His once promising career is bleeding to death.
One of the most bizarre situations.
Dunno about that. Seems the Sixers are waiting to acquire Harden at seasons end.

Simmons has lost over $19 million in fines since the season started and apparently, still reckons he’s “not in the right mental state” to be able to play. If that’s right, that’s not sending a good message to prospective acquirers when he’s desperate to get out ie he’s shooting himself in the foot.

He’s a poor shooter but maybe his foot is about his range ? (See how I did that ? That’s called gold. )

• Haha