Basketball | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Basketball

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
James is probably the best basketball player ever IMO but why is he so hard to like? Is there anyone on here who loves the way he goes about it?

I have little affection for him, think he overplays injuries and stages a lot but is an amazing player. His vision and passing is what separates him for mine and when he wants to be is an elite defender. And his athleticism for his size and age is great.
I love LBJ but understand why people don’t, he has a flair for the dramatic putting it nicely.

He is the complete player, can do what he wants when he wants. Ultimate combination of Magic, MJ and Sir Charles.

Reactions: 1 user

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Brooklyn's to lose. If they get the big 3 on court no one beats them.
Looks that way but Embiid could give them buckets if he is fit. They have no answer for bigs.

West, way more open.

Jason King

Forever the GOAT
Jul 19, 2007
Adelaide, South Australia
James is probably the best basketball player ever IMO but why is he so hard to like? Is there anyone on here who loves the way he goes about it?

I have little affection for him, think he overplays injuries and stages a lot but is an amazing player. His vision and passing is what separates him for mine and when he wants to be is an elite defender. And his athleticism for his size and age is great.
He is probably the most overrated as well. Jordan was in one season the best offensive and defensive player in the league. There is no comparison in my view, Jordan was a winner who took responsibility.

My problem with James is he cherry picked his way to rings and when he has failed it's always someone else's fault. Jumps from team to team and then gets to build his own at the Lakers.

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003

I acknowledge his talent; top 5 of all time. It's subjective where you have him but for me Jordan is clearly number 1. I'm a Celtics fan so would have Larry right up there but you're splitting hairs with these guys. But I don't really like the way he goes about it; bitches to and dominates the refs and gets it all his own way most of the time. Not a fan; but then the Lakers are like Scumwood to me so there is inherent bias I admit.

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
The Lakers are out :clap2:clap2so anyone but Brooklyn now. I despise these bought super teams and can't stand Kyrie Irving; biggest flog in world sport.

Jason King

Forever the GOAT
Jul 19, 2007
I acknowledge his talent; top 5 of all time. It's subjective where you have him but for me Jordan is clearly number 1. I'm a Celtics fan so would have Larry right up there but you're splitting hairs with these guys. But I don't really like the way he goes about it; bitches to and dominates the refs and gets it all his own way most of the time. Not a fan; but then the Lakers are like Scumwood to me so there is inherent bias I admit.
I do rate him pretty highly, even though I can't stand him. I have never seen an athlete with so much size, power, skill and deft touch be so damn consistent with not getting injured year after year.

Moses and Kareem were shadows of their past selves in their respective points of their careers. LeBron still chugging.

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
The standard of the NBA has never been better. So many stars right now.

I have LeBron & MJ tied, can’t split them. Look at some of those Cleveland teams he dragged to the finals, absolute bums. And Jordan, Pippen, Rodman is the very definition of a super team. Nothing new.

Sammy Cougar

Goodness Gracious me The Tigers have got Another
Staff member
Mar 6, 2004
Another one here Celtics through and through not a fan of Brooklyn as well
hoping last 4 are Suns, Jazz, Bucks, 76ers

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
The Bulls won three titles before Rodman got there.

1990-91: 61-21 regular season, 15-2 in the playoffs. Jordan 31ppg in season and playoffs, and 8.4 assists pg in the playoffs. Only Pippen and Horace Grant averaged in double figures for points.
1991-92: 67-15 regular season with MJ (30), Pippen (21) and Grant (14.2) the only players scoring in double figures. Jordan 34.5 in the playoffs.
1992-93, Jordan 32.6 and Pippen (18.6) the only other one over 15. Grant 13.2 and B.J. Armstrong 12.3 the only others in double figures. Jordan 35 in the playoffs, Pippen 20.

Jordan more clutch and aesthetically, not even a contest.

Jordan's the GOAT.

Reactions: 1 users

Jason King

Forever the GOAT
Jul 19, 2007

1990-91: 61-21 regular season, 15-2 in the playoffs. Jordan 31ppg in season and playoffs, and 8.4 assists pg in the playoffs. Only Pippen and Horace Grant averaged in double figures for points.
1991-92: 67-15 regular season with MJ (30), Pippen (21) and Grant (14.2) the only players scoring in double figures. Jordan 34.5 in the playoffs.
1992-93, Jordan 32.6 and Pippen (18.6) the only other one over 15. Grant 13.2 and B.J. Armstrong 12.3 the only others in double figures. Jordan 35 in the playoffs, Pippen 20.

Jordan's the GOAT.

Lets also not forget that at age 34 the front office disbanded the 3peat team due to Krause. If Jordan had been as weak willed as LeBron he would have either jumped ship and played with Shaq (which exactly what LeBron did with AD) and won more rings with ease.

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Apparently don't need Harden! Putting on a clinic at the moment against the Bucks.

Tougher opponents ahead though.

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004

Jordan's the GOAT.
Playing with Pippen & Grant was a super team even tho they were drafted.

casper68

Tiger Champion
Oct 20, 2004
dromana
Long time basketball fan, l loved watching the Magic and Bird era and then MJ came along.
MJ was at such a high level, will go down as the best ever.
Lebron meh.

Reactions: 2 users

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Watching a replay of nuggets and suns.
Suns not very likeable, Chris Paul an amazing player but think there is a reason he hasn’t won a championship, simply too selfish in the big moments.
Jokic getting ejected was seriously too much. The guy Payne who he hit should be embarrassed with his staging. Pissweak. Will be barracking against the suns moving forward.

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
As a Celtics fan anyone but Brooklyn or Philly. Can not stand Kyrie Irving. One of the biggest arseholes I’ve seen in sport.

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Watching a replay of nuggets and suns.
Suns not very likeable, Chris Paul an amazing player but think there is a reason he hasn’t won a championship, simply too selfish in the big moments.
Jokic getting ejected was seriously too much. The guy Payne who he hit should be embarrassed with his staging. Pissweak. Will be barracking against the suns moving forward.
CP3 has been desperately unlucky in the playoffs, it's great to see him and the Suns getting to WCF.

What moments do you think he's been selfish with?

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
As a Celtics fan anyone but Brooklyn or Philly. Can not stand Kyrie Irving. One of the biggest arseholes I’ve seen in sport.

Through some people I know I got to spend a lot of time with Kyrie and his crew when he came to Melbourne for his clinics back in 2014. Incredibly shy, incredibly guarded. But once you get through the guard he was actually quite engaging and caring. Smarter than you think and very well read. Not your typical athlete, always cared for things outside the sport. Having said that I did see the other side as well at times. He truly doesn't care what those outside his circle think. Was an interesting experience.

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Through some people I know I got to spend a lot of time with Kyrie and his crew when he came to Melbourne for his clinics back in 2014. Incredibly shy, incredibly guarded. But once you get through the guard he was actually quite engaging and caring. Smarter than you think and very well read. Not your typical athlete, always cared for things outside the sport. Having said that I did see the other side as well at times. He truly doesn't care what those outside his circle think. Was an interesting experience.
Good insights Scoop thanks. I just saw how he treated the Celtics. Completely disengaged and from all reports was a bad influence in the locker room and treated the younger players like *smile*. He had the red carpet rolled out for him and burnt his bridges as far as I can see.