Basketball | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Basketball

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
So Ben Simmons decided not to represent Australia at the Olympics so he could practice his skills. Fair enough. I see he was at Wimbledon with who I can only assume is his skills coach , looking all cosy. If I had a skills coach that looked like her I would be skipping the Olympics in a heartbeat and be practicing my skills 24/7 :)
you dont think he is entitled to a short break? if he went to the Olympics he would be with the Boomers for the next 6 weeks.

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Great warm up win over the US by the boomers just now. Patty Mills you star, what an admirable man. Love him. Great he is the flag bearer too.

Aussie team has great chemistry. And some good depth. Love the look of Thybulle - never heard of him before today. If guys can play their roles who knows? Deserved to win gold at the world champs, a massive chance to do well here it seems.

Just hope we play those flopping, diving, staging *smile* from Spain at some stage.

Reactions: 2 users

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Beating the Yanks, I wasn’t sure I’d see it in my life.

Seen it twice. What a time to be alive.

Thybulle is a world class athlete & defender, we aren’t the most athletic team, Thybulle changes that.

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Great warm up win over the US by the boomers just now. Patty Mills you star, what an admirable man. Love him. Great he is the flag bearer too.

Aussie team has great chemistry. And some good depth. Love the look of Thybulle - never heard of him before today. If guys can play their roles who knows? Deserved to win gold at the world champs, a massive chance to do well here it seems.

Just hope we play those flopping, diving, staging *smile* from Spain at some stage.
I’ve seen Thybulle play in the NBA and thought he was pretty good. Had no idea he was an Aussie until yesterday!

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
More convinced than ever if we had Simmons this team would be Gold medal worthy.

We still COULD do it but we'd need everything to go right. With Simmons, I reckon we get to the final at least.

He's allowed to choose not to compete but being made to feel valued and part of a winning culture would have done so much for him.

Reactions: 1 user

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Bucks even it up. Hope they can get the next one. Suns just an unlikeable playing group. A bit of staging for fouls, feigning injury and generally carry on too much.

Very evenly matched teams.

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
More convinced than ever if we had Simmons this team would be Gold medal worthy.

We still COULD do it but we'd need everything to go right. With Simmons, I reckon we get to the final at least.

He's allowed to choose not to compete but being made to feel valued and part of a winning culture would have done so much for him.
Simmons seems to me an entitled brat who only gives a *smile* about himself. I couldn't care less if he ever plays for Australia or not. Needs an attitude readjustment.

You are right that he would most likely great benefit from being in the team but he is too self absorbed to realise it.

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Simmons seems to me an entitled brat who only gives a *smile* about himself. I couldn't care less if he ever plays for Australia or not. Needs an attitude readjustment.

You are right that he would most likely great benefit from being in the team but he is too self absorbed to realise it.
I struggle with the brat theory because his greatest skills, passing and defense, are team orientated.