Basketball | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Basketball

Willo

Tiger Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Aldinga Beach
Should be Australian of the year.

He does contribute a big chunk to Indigenous basketball camps, coaching and outfitting players.
He really puts back into the communities and individuals.

Reactions: 4 users
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Ben Simmons suspended from the team in Philly by Doc Rivers after sleepwalking through training. Clearly doesn't want too be there.
Still a ma$$ive contract to fulfill but he doesn't want to play for them & they're having trouble getting value for a trade.
Fiasco on the verge of the NBA season. Looks broken & Philly are going to have to trade out a disgruntled player for minimum chips or it's going to hang over them all season.

MB78

I can have my cake and eat it too
Sep 8, 2009
Ben Simmons is going from one of the most admired Australian sportsman to one of the least.

• Sad

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Ben Simmons is going from one of the most admired Australian sportsman to one of the least.
Not sure he was ever that admired in the first place was he? Has always seemed like a spoilt petulant knob.

Reactions: 1 users

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
At the other end of the spectrum, Patty Mills knocked down 7 out of 7 threes on debut for Brooklyn, a record for a player on debut for a new club.

K3

Tiger Legend
Oct 9, 2006
I do and yet don't get the animosity for Simmons.

If it was the club looking to move him on, it would be all... "Well, it's just a business and players get moved!" But because it is a player wanting to get a result, they are portrayed as spoiled brats only thinking about themselves. Well duh.!

I hope Ben gets traded and has a great year ahead.

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
I do and yet don't get the animosity for Simmons.

If it was the club looking to move him on, it would be all... "Well, it's just a business and players get moved!" But because it is a player wanting to get a result, they are portrayed as spoiled brats only thinking about themselves. Well duh.!

I hope Ben gets traded and has a great year ahead.
With his behaviour he’s going to find it hard to get another gig.

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
With his behaviour he’s going to find it hard to get another gig.
He; his team and manager have handled this terribly. Now has most of the world lined up in near contempt. His POV has been completely blown out of the water now. Will make it hard to come back from here without being damaged goods. Sure, too talented not to be grabbed by some other team, but remaining career could make Adam Goodes final playing years look like a picnic.

Possibly a shocking case of 1st world problems. After all, mate, you're literally getting paid millions x $$$ to throw a ball to team-mates and at a ring, but you decided it's all too hard!?

Will always wonder if things could have worked out better for him if he didn't renege on his lip service (at least) to playing for the Boomers at the Olympics. I think some of those guys may have straightened him out and told him to 'Get real!'

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
With Simmons, nobody knows what's really gone on other than those closest to it.
I'm of the opinion that it's generally better to trade a disgruntled player for what you can get rather than have it hanging around the club like a lead weight. The 76ers are still a team to be reckoned with without him anyway. Maxey & Thybulle are good young players too. They should cut their losses.
Simmons has a heap of good skills but his inability to shoot as a point guard? That's unheard of in the NBA. Guy has to reinvent himself fast to become a top player again wherever he ends up.

K3

Tiger Legend
Oct 9, 2006
With Simmons, nobody knows what's really gone on other than those closest to it.
I'm of the opinion that it's generally better to trade a disgruntled player for what you can get rather than have it hanging around the club like a lead weight. The 76ers are still a team to be reckoned with without him anyway. Maxey & Thybulle are good young players too. They should cut their losses.
Simmons has a heap of good skills but his inability to shoot as a point guard? That's unheard of in the NBA. Guy has to reinvent himself fast to become a top player again wherever he ends up.

And that's the thing. 99.99% of people have no idea what lead to Simmons wanting out so strongly; I've never been a Doc Rivers fan but...

I also think there are teams out there trying to get him right now, but the 76ers are after too much in return. They just have to come down and move forward without him hanging around the team's neck! From the interview he did are practice the other day, looks like Embid has had enough of him already!

Come on sixers, help Ben get to the Kings already will ya!!! :D