Been to a good gig lately/Concerts [Merged] | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Been to a good gig lately/Concerts [Merged]

I saw Cold Chisel at Rod Laver a few weeks ago. Went with my eldest siblings and although none of us are huge fans, went as we thought it is right to see 'Chisel' at least one live.

They were amazing.

I'm off to see AC/DC on Tuesday, ticking off my 'Aussie list' of childhood music. Looking forward to it.

TigerForce said:
Yeah, Angus is getting on, but I was asking Oldie if his son (dressed as Angus) would simulate it.

He does a pretty good job of it actually. >:D ;D

ACDC was great entertainment tonight. They put on a heck of a show in very humid conditions for old rockers.
Angus is a little slower around the stage but not much. Quite incredible for a 60 year old & he still hits every note.
Not the greatest fan of Etihad stadium but the sound didn't worry me too much tonight listening to those classic riffs.
They always give great value and my son loved it.

Awesome show. And lots of very happy tiger supporters buying the Richmond-inspired acdc footy guernsey merchandise.

Saw Chisels and ACDC in the last few weeks. Both awesome! Surely Angus has to be one of the best guitarists going around.

Also saw Chris Cornell (ex lead singer of Soundgarden, Audioslave and Temple of the Dog) at the Palais on Friday night doing an acoustic set. Simply brilliant! Amazing voice, and seems like a great bloke. Very memorable night.

Nico said:
Saw Chisels and ACDC in the last few weeks. Both awesome! Surely Angus has to be one of the best guitarists going around.

Also saw Chris Cornell (ex lead singer of Soundgarden, Audioslave and Temple of the Dog) at the Palais on Friday night doing an acoustic set. Simply brilliant! Amazing voice, and seems like a great bloke. Very memorable night.

Good to hear Nico. I don't like acoustic....bores me to hell, but then again, these blokes are getting on and can barely move or hit the high notes anymore. ;D

Who's drumming for Chisel now?

Speaking of concerts has anyone seen Ian4 since the recent infamous stereosonic events?

I went to the One electric day at Werribee last sunday. Not a particular fan of John Farnham but he can still sing and is a great stage performer.

The highlight for me was the Black Sorrows. They wheeled out Vicka and Linda Bull, boy those ladies can still belt it out !!

Sintiger said:
I went to the One electric day at Werribee last sunday. Not a particular fan of John Farnham but he can still sing and is a great stage performer.

The highlight for me was the Black Sorrows. They wheeled out Vicka and Linda Bull, boy those ladies can still belt it out !!

Yep, loved them on RocKwiz.

Went to ACDC last night. The show was very similar to the previous 4 shows I have seen over the past 24 years; that is to say AWESOME!!

I'm a big fan of Malcolm Young and Phil Rudd but Stevie Young and Chris Slade stepped in very nicely. They didn't miss a beat.

The energy from all of these guys who are aged from 58 - 69 is incredible. Brian Johnson is 68 and Chris Slade is 69 :eek: :eek:

The added bonus was taking my 10 year old son; he just loved it.

TigerForce said:
Good to hear Nico. I don't like acoustic....bores me to hell, but then again, these blokes are getting on and can barely move or hit the high notes anymore. ;D

Who's drumming for Chisel now?

I'm not a big fan of acoustic either, but to sit back and hear a great voice for 2.5 hours was great. You're right, difficult for these blokes to keep on rocking hard, so acoustic is something they can move onto.

Charley Drayton (was married to Chrissy Amphlett up until her death) drums for the Chisels since the death of Steve Prestwich.

Nico said:
I'm not a big fan of acoustic either, but to sit back and hear a great voice for 2.5 hours was great. You're right, difficult for these blokes to keep on rocking hard, so acoustic is something they can move onto.

Charley Drayton (was married to Chrissy Amphlett up until her death) drums for the Chisels since the death of Steve Prestwich.

Oh yeah, Charley. Obviously the Divinyls aren't performing anymore.

Ridley said:
Went to ACDC last night. The show was very similar to the previous 4 shows I have seen over the past 24 years; that is to say AWESOME!!

I'm a big fan of Malcolm Young and Phil Rudd but Stevie Young and Chris Slade stepped in very nicely. They didn't miss a beat.

The energy from all of these guys who are aged from 58 - 69 is incredible. Brian Johnson is 68 and Chris Slade is 69 :eek: :eek:

The added bonus was taking my 10 year old son; he just loved it.

Glad he enjoyed it Riddles. 8-
Absolute agree with their energy levels for old guys. They were sweating it up like troopers the other night.
That said I do wonder how long that they'll keep touring. Whilst Angus still has it I reckon BJ is struggling to hit the notes a bit these days. No surprise for a bloke near 70. :eek:
Was very glad to be able to share the experience with my son as you obviously were. Lots of Dads with their kids/families there.

Tigers of Old said:
Glad he enjoyed it Riddles. 8-
Absolute agree with their energy levels for old guys. They were sweating it up like troopers the other night.
That said I do wonder how long that they'll keep touring. Whilst Angus still has it I reckon BJ is struggling to hit the notes a bit these days. No surprise for a bloke near 70. :eek:
Was very glad to be able to share the experience with my son as you obviously were. Lots of Dads with their kids/families there.

Yeah it was awesome to take my son and share that with him; I reckon some families would have had 3 generations with them.

I was particularly keen to take him because I do think this will be the last time we get the chance. The show that they put on and the level of energy required must be very taxing. No doubt they are very fit for their ages but no one can stop the march of time.

BJs style must be particularly taxing on him but as you say he is nearly 70 :eek: :eek:

If I am going half that good approaching 70 I will be very happy.

rosy23 said:
Speaking of concerts has anyone seen Ian4 since the recent infamous stereosonic events?

are you serious? I wouldn't be caught dead at that type of event (pardon the pun).