Been to a good gig lately/Concerts [Merged] | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Been to a good gig lately/Concerts [Merged]

Yeah MCR and that entire punk pop genre almost always generate a heap of energy live. Blink 182 way back in the day we’re superb live.

Hopefully they still are. Got tickets to see them next February along with Rise Against (who I'm more excited to see), but another gig with that sort of energy would be perfect.

Bluesfest in two weeks. Elvis Costello, Counting Crows, Joe Bonamassa, Lucinda Williams, Steve Earle, St Paul & the Broken Bones, Nathanial Rateliff & the Night Sweats, Beck, Buddy Guy, Jackson Browne, Bonnie Raitt, Michael Franti & Spearhead, Tash Sultana, The Black Sorrows, Ash Grunwald, The Doobie Brothers, Cat Empire, and so many more. The best week of music in the country. Can't wait.

Reactions: 1 user
Bluesfest in two weeks. Elvis Costello, Counting Crows, Joe Bonamassa, Lucinda Williams, Steve Earle, St Paul & the Broken Bones, Nathanial Rateliff & the Night Sweats, Beck, Buddy Guy, Jackson Browne, Bonnie Raitt, Michael Franti & Spearhead, Tash Sultana, The Black Sorrows, Ash Grunwald, The Doobie Brothers, Cat Empire, and so many more. The best week of music in the country. Can't wait.
Mr Jones and Copperhad rd would be worth the trip alone .

Very impressive line up , how many days is that over spook ?

U going everyday
Yep. A mate has a food stall so I'll do a bit of work with him. It'll be my 11th or 12th Bluesfest and the 5th one I've worked at with him (worked with a different mate last year). It's bloody exxy to go these days otherwise. A one-day pass is $187, three days $482 and five days $695 and that doesn't include camping which is $90 for one day, $177 for three and $294 for five. Entry is 20% off for locals and it is an incredible lineup every year, but still. It used to be a lot cheaper 15-20 years ago.

Or you could do an @eZyT and get someone like me to send you a photo of their staff pass, print and laminate it, put it in a Tigers 2017 membership lanyard, chuck on a hi-vis, rock up to the gate and say "We're with Midnight Oil, where do the bands go?", get in for free, get freaked out by/pissed of with the crowd, leave before the Oils even start, and catch Covid anyway. (I caught Covid too but at least I saw the Oils and took home a grand in cash.) :D

• Haha
Yep. A mate has a food stall so I'll do a bit of work with him. It'll be my 11th or 12th Bluesfest and the 5th one I've worked at with him (worked with a different mate last year). It's bloody exxy to go these days otherwise. A one-day pass is $187, three days $482 and five days $695 and that doesn't include camping which is $90 for one day, $177 for three and $294 for five. Entry is 20% off for locals and it is an incredible lineup every year, but still. It used to be a lot cheaper 15-20 years ago.

Or you could do an @eZyT and get someone like me to send you a photo of their staff pass, print and laminate it, put it in a Tigers 2017 membership lanyard, chuck on a hi-vis, rock up to the gate and say "We're with Midnight Oil, where do the bands go?", get in for free, get freaked out by/pissed of with the crowd, leave before the Oils even start, and catch Covid anyway. (I caught Covid too but at least I saw the Oils and took home a grand in cash.) :D

Haha you must have a photographic memory - thats exactly how it went and id forgotten (probably the 2l Yeti of morphinemargarita?)

Happy to workshop the hi-viz tiger lanyard front row seats method

Hell, ill even lend you my Bootsy Collins costume and drive you to centre stage, just for fun

• Love
Haha you must have a photographic memory - thats exactly how it went and id forgotten (probably the 2l Yeti of morphinemargarita?)

Happy to workshop the hi-viz tiger lanyard front row seats method
Get your booster and well go see a band or three this year.

Sting - 25/02/2023

Stryper - 05/03/2023

Megadeth - 22/03/2023
Megadeth were amazing. One of the best sounding gigs I’ve ever heard. Dave Mustaine 61 and still shredding! What a legend!

Reactions: 2 users
Love Bluesfest am very jealous spooker. Enjoy!
I'm seeing Michael Franti & Spearhead at The Forum next Monday. :)

Reactions: 1 users
Bluesfest lineup is awesome, hope you enjoy @spook

I’m seeing Beck at Palais Theatre next Monday.

Reactions: 1 users