Been to a good gig lately/Concerts [Merged] | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Been to a good gig lately/Concerts [Merged]

This website is your friend. Although, spoiler alert if you don't want to know.
Plenty of good replies TBR but I saw the show in Mornington and it was great. Hadn't seen him since the late 90's. Definitely a Greatest Hits with some newbies list.

Much appreciated gents, off to Tassie I go!

Reactions: 1 user
The musical of the revered American forefather Alexander Hamilton is like a bad cruise ship cabaret. Nothing about the show is good. The costumes, the sets, the lighting, the script, the music, the choreography are pedestrian at best, evocative of boring amateur theatre worst. One bloke plays an underwhelming organ to accompany an insipid rap script that sounds like a white highschool history teacher trying to engage a disengaged audience. The show elicits no emotion at any stage. Nothing soars. Michelle Obama must have taken LSD when she saw it. She called it the greatest art she had ever seen. I call it a Shitshow.

We left at half time

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Thanks again everyone, tickets secured and on the flight to Hobart in the morning for the Sunday show.

By the way this was excellent, great venue in the gardens and Paul Kelly was superb. Ian Moss is also in great form.

Went to Harry Styles last night, not my usual taste but certainly a spectacular show. Not sure I've ever heard a louder noise than some of the moments when 50,000 screaming kids joined in.

By the way this was excellent, great venue in the gardens and Paul Kelly was superb. Ian Moss is also in great form.

Went to Harry Styles last night, not my usual taste but certainly a spectacular show. Not sure I've ever heard a louder noise than some of the moments when 50,000 screaming kids joined in.
As always.

The musical of the revered American forefather Alexander Hamilton is like a bad cruise ship cabaret. Nothing about the show is good. The costumes, the sets, the lighting, the script, the music, the choreography are pedestrian at best, evocative of boring amateur theatre worst. One bloke plays an underwhelming organ to accompany an insipid rap script that sounds like a white highschool history teacher trying to engage a disengaged audience. The show elicits no emotion at any stage. Nothing soars. Michelle Obama must have taken LSD when she saw it. She called it the greatest art she had ever seen. I call it a Shitshow.

We left at half time
Thank heavens it wasn't just me. Am so sick of overblown, overhyped American musicals flooding our shores. Awful. Urrgh.

Thank heavens it wasn't just me. Am so sick of overblown, overhyped American musicals flooding our shores. Awful. Urrgh.

Thats why i posted - i felt like i was out of step with the whole world but when you start talking about it, theres a lot of hamilton haters out there

We left at half time
I went last year and thought it was awesome.

I do wonder though with musicals/plays that are on for a long time, how does the talent stay motivated? They're doing the same thing 2-3 times a day, surely there are days they don't GAF and are flat as. But then again, many jobs are like that...

Reactions: 1 users
I was there Mr P.

Amazing show, it's incredible how Ed is just a quiet, unassuming bloke who one minute is having a beer backstage and the next is playing like a busker on his own in front of 110,000 people.

It was a great gig. He's very good entertainment.

My daughter told me it was the best day of her life. She also told me that, exactly a year ago today when we saw the Foo Fighters in Geelong. Dad points ;)

Looking froward to Nathaniel Rateliff and the Nightsweats at the forum in early April. It'll probably kill the last of what's left of my hearing though.

Is the Air Show a gig? Anyway - got there today after many years of procrastination. It was loud! It was interesting - to a point. Most of the machines there are designed to slaughter. It was odd watching a B52 (one that was made in 1960) fly over. I wonder what any Cambodians in the audience might have thought. Anway - design meets technology meets engineering at its finest. But strangely unsatisfying.

Went to see My Chemical Romance last night. Really good gig, the energy in Rod Laver Arena was immense. I love crowds like that and Gerard Way certainly played up to it, he loved the energy of the crowd and delivered a great performance.

Went to see My Chemical Romance last night. Really good gig, the energy in Rod Laver Arena was immense. I love crowds like that and Gerard Way certainly played up to it, he loved the energy of the crowd and delivered a great performance.
Yeah MCR and that entire punk pop genre almost always generate a heap of energy live. Blink 182 way back in the day we’re superb live.

Is the Air Show a gig? Anyway - got there today after many years of procrastination. It was loud! It was interesting - to a point. Most of the machines there are designed to slaughter. It was odd watching a B52 (one that was made in 1960) fly over. I wonder what any Cambodians in the audience might have thought. Anway - design meets technology meets engineering at its finest. But strangely unsatisfying.
Reply to your Air Gig man :ROFLMAO: I on the other hand, luv the Air Show :giggle:
Met a few US, Korean, NZ and local pilots the 4-5 Air Shows I've been too, really nice guys and they have heaps of great stories.
The technology just fascinates me and lucky to go to the industry days from a relo who works in the aeroplane industry.

And the highlight for me this year was the Black Eagles from South Korea, now those yellow and black colours look fantastic soaring in the air!!
The Black Eagles' KAI T-50B is painted in yellow, white and black.

1679123508825.png

1679123652839.png

1679123687190.png

1679123726624.jpeg

1679123744572.jpeg

1679123763912.jpeg

1679123789181.jpeg

1679123827409.jpeg

1679123844205.jpeg

1679123863631.jpeg

Apologies, continue the thread :))