Ben Lennon | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Ben Lennon

Tiger_mitch said:
Lennon was always a first round selection so it definitely wasn’t odd at the time. Stkilda nearly picked him at 10

So what happened, did they slip when they went to select him?

tigersnake said:
Vickery is tall and can play. Has a whole set of other deficiencies obvious. the thought of gifting Lennon even 50 games is the stuff of nightmares

I still think Lennon can play- I am working through some of our earlier games this year and thought he was OK in the Collingwood game - provided good pressure etc but will obviously admit he didn't make the grade.

I seem to recall an article where Emma Quayle rated him about pick 7 for talent.

Elmer said:
I seem to recall an article where Emma Quayle rated him about pick 7 for talent.
Unfortunately for Ben and many others talent is only ever half of the equation. At the elite level everyone has " talent " it's what you are willing to do with that talent that makes the difference.
Lennon or Towner? Lennon has plenty of talent. Towner has plenty of competitive beast.

Vickers gone. Now Lennon gone. Dimma no longer a spud.

2018 will be pretty quiet on PRE with nothing to whinge about

TigerMasochist said:
Unfortunately for Ben and many others talent is only ever half of the equation. At the elite level everyone has " talent " it's what you are willing to do with that talent that makes the difference.
Lennon or Towner? Lennon has plenty of talent. Towner has plenty of competitive beast.
Agree but despite the revionist history he wasn't a stretch pick. Was rated highly by plenty of recruiters and watchers but didn't develop.

Elmer said:

Yep Talent wasnt Bens problem, he had the talent it was his talent that got him drafted.

Tigers of Old said:
Looks like Lennon missed out on a 2nd chance. Very short career for a high draft pick.
Not too many recycleds taken.

Had more the enough opportunities. Besides a nice kick, didn't have anything else.

Will be a sad day for Ben. Probably saw himself being a 10 yrplayer earning good $$ living in the bubble of AFL. Now he will be like many ex AFLplayers chasing cash in the ‘burbs.

It is a brutal industry that owes nobody anything. I don’t know if Ben felt entitled or just thought it would happen but it is a great lesson for every aspiring young footballer.