Ben Lennon | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Ben Lennon

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Dyer'ere said:
Not a bad player, Tenacious.

Wayne Wotsisname? Busy player. Wilson?

Anyway. We have to go back a ways to find 7s who could actually play.

Wayne Walsh is the guy you're thinking of, two time premiership player 73 and 74.

Willo

Tiger Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Aldinga Beach
23.21.159 said:
Interesting.
Malthouse played 121 games for Richmond but his first two years were in 22 and 28 respectively and totalled 22 games.
So he only played 99 games for Richmond in #7.
Has anyone played 100 in #7 and if not, is that the lowest number not to have a 100-game player?

Not sure.
Ray Martin 135 games.
https://afltables.com/afl/stats/alltime/richmond.html

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
spook said:
Nathan Brown wore #7 and he was the best player in the league for 9 magnificent weeks.

THIS. We lost the best player in the comp at the peak of his powers.

That night changed legacies.

A Tiger in Denmark
Aug 9, 2003
Denmark
www.dafl.dk
willo said:
Not sure.
Ray Martin 135 games.
https://afltables.com/afl/stats/alltime/richmond.html

Click on his name and you see he only played 81 games in #7.
But further on down we have a winner in Allan Cooke with all of his 116 games in #7.

Tenacious Tiges

I remember when Balmey just thugged them .....
Apr 11, 2003
Thinking again didn't Nathan Brown wear No 7 too. Another cruelled by a tragic leg injury. More Im thinking pretty sure he was wearing 7 that fateful night at the Dump. It was against Melbourne and they had a Nathan Brown too and I was sitting on the wing in the nose bleed City side and radio commentators said it was Nathan Brown with a horrible leg injury but I could not see if it was a Melbourne or RFC player and I was praying it was the Melbourne dude. That ruined Browny, our season and a few more to come after that. Thank god the bad juju has been exorcise from the club.

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
tigerman said:
Wayne Walsh is the guy you're thinking of, two time premiership player 73 and 74.

Thanks, Tm. That's him.

spook said:
Nathan Brown wore #7 and he was the best player in the league for 9 magnificent weeks.

Yes. He was.

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
Tenacious Tiges said:
I was just looking at the players on the RFC site and they have not updated it yet for next year and I was reminded that Ben Lennon wore number 7 and was thinking that this number has been a bit of a dud number of late at the RFC for quite with only Michael Mitchell, Ashley Prescott and Marc Dragacevic coming to mind since as being any good in that Guernsey since Mick Malthouse. Draga was a very good player but he was very unlucky with his leg which cruelled his career.

Think there are also bugger all 100 game players in that number too.

Hopefully the next player has more luck with this number.
Prescott got to 90, and he played 38 with Freo I think.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Max Duffy from Freo just received a scholarship to join the Kentucky Wildcats in NCAA Football. Siposs got his scholarship too. How's Lemon going? Is he trying hard or still dreamin' ?

btoz_01

Tiger Legend
Apr 5, 2004
TigerForce said:
Max Duffy from Freo just received a scholarship to join the Kentucky Wildcats in NCAA Football. Siposs got his scholarship too. How's Lemon going? Is he trying hard or still dreamin' ?

Hes being vibrant, high-spirited, energetic, sprightly, vigorous, vital, full of vim and vigour, animated, sparkling, coruscating, effervescent, vivacious, dynamic, flamboyant, electrifying, dazzling, stimulating, exciting, dashing, passionate, fiery, determined and then some. ;) ;) ;) ;)

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Blind Turn said:
Malthouse wore number 7 in the 1980 G.F.
He was half the player Bruce Tempany was

Really? Different types and size of players, but MnM managed four times as many career games as Tempany in an era when clubs had plenty of players on the list to choose from. Sometimes there's way more value in hard arse grunt players that work both ways for the team, than there is in elite stars that can't get the hard work done together because they all want to do the fancy *smile*.

123cups

Tiger Champion
May 1, 2016
TigerMasochist said:
Really? Different types and size of players, but MnM managed four times as many career games as Tempany in an era when clubs had plenty of players on the list to choose from. Sometimes there's way more value in hard arse grunt players that work both ways for the team, than there is in elite stars that can't get the hard work done together because they all want to do the fancy sh!t.

Moreover it’s the intangibles they add to team spirit via leadership, coaching, vibrancy, etc.

Our 70’s teams produced many coaches. So do most great teams, that’s why.

Blind Turn

Tiger Superstar
Mar 19, 2014
TigerMasochist said:
Really? Different types and size of players, but MnM managed four times as many career games as Tempany in an era when clubs had plenty of players on the list to choose from. Sometimes there's way more value in hard arse grunt players that work both ways for the team, than there is in elite stars that can't get the hard work done together because they all want to do the fancy sh!t.

We were talking about numbers. An attempt at humour.
Tempany wore number 14. Get it?

Blind Turn

Tiger Superstar
Mar 19, 2014
The RFC website mistakingly overlooked number 7 for "Players by the numbers" articles so I thought I would start the ball rolling.
Number 7. Ben Lennon.
Season stats.
No.1 Locker Room Vibrancy.