Ben Rutten | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Ben Rutten

zgod

Tiger Legend
Feb 25, 2008
It's disgraceful how the bummers have treated him.

Reactions: 5 users

TheCan

Tiger Superstar
Jul 17, 2011
Bring him back pls
Will make gibcus and balta scarier than rance ever was

• Love
Reactions: 3 users

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
Magificent from our lads the way we got around him post game.
genuine respect.
And i know it wasn't the intent, but i hope it got up Sheedys and the new Prezs nose ... it showed them something ..

Reactions: 4 users

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Sunday Footy Show doing a massive number on Barham. And rightly so. Embarrassing press conference…out of his depth…shocking treatment of Truck….needs to resign etc.

Reactions: 2 users

Carter

Tiger Legend
Nov 14, 2012
Sunday Footy Show doing a massive number on Barham. And rightly so. Embarrassing press conference…out of his depth…shocking treatment of Truck….needs to resign etc.

Delicious. Will watch.

Reactions: 1 user

Carter

Tiger Legend
Nov 14, 2012
If you did a little search you could cut and paste this reply about 30 times

But of course. It’s a fan forum.

Would you like me to dig up all the times you’ve fawned over someone’s post like an embarrassing sycophant?

“Oh Leysy! What an amazing insight! How DO you do that? Oh! Oh! Oh! Ooooooooooooooooh!!!”

*uncomfortable silence as Jazz gets out the cleaning products*

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Rutten's position is really untenable now. The club clearly don't want him there, but they have no replacement and no desire to pay him out. If I was Rutten I would be conflicted - want to leave the place because they're such arseholes, want to stay because the coaching job is a work in progress.

I reckon they will likely sack him and go for Hird. I also think it will be one of the dumbest moves ever. Hird may be a decent coach, who knows, hasn't shown much to date but maybe got the gig too early last time. Hird has done little or no apprenticeship and even if he turns out to be a decent coach it will take time, as in a few years at least. Plus there is the baggage he carries from the drug scandal. Given the idiocy at that club and the ridiculous expectations, Hird is likely the only one who would take on the job because the probability is that it will be a career killer.

At a fundamental level Essendon do not seem to realise just where they are at. They need a better list and a big clean out in a lot of areas. Yes, they could well make a few finals, most likely bottom half of the 8, might even win a final or two over the years. But they look nothing like a club and team who can get back to contending for the flag. Compare them to rising teams like Carlton and Freo, there is no resemblance, Carlton and Freo both seem to understand the route to the top takes time, they are proud of the steps they have made but know they are still a rung or two away from the top. Essendon seem to think they are very close but they're still looking for the ladder.

DS

Reactions: 2 users

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Come back to the footy club that actually gives a *smile* about you Truck

Reactions: 1 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Rutten's position is really untenable now. The club clearly don't want him there, but they have no replacement and no desire to pay him out. If I was Rutten I would be conflicted - want to leave the place because they're such arseholes, want to stay because the coaching job is a work in progress.

I reckon they will likely sack him and go for Hird. I also think it will be one of the dumbest moves ever. Hird may be a decent coach, who knows, hasn't shown much to date but maybe got the gig too early last time. Hird has done little or no apprenticeship and even if he turns out to be a decent coach it will take time, as in a few years at least. Plus there is the baggage he carries from the drug scandal. Given the idiocy at that club and the ridiculous expectations, Hird is likely the only one who would take on the job because the probability is that it will be a career killer.

At a fundamental level Essendon do not seem to realise just where they are at. They need a better list and a big clean out in a lot of areas. Yes, they could well make a few finals, most likely bottom half of the 8, might even win a final or two over the years. But they look nothing like a club and team who can get back to contending for the flag. Compare them to rising teams like Carlton and Freo, there is no resemblance, Carlton and Freo both seem to understand the route to the top takes time, they are proud of the steps they have made but know they are still a rung or two away from the top. Essendon seem to think they are very close but they're still looking for the ladder.

DS
Er, they've already sacked him.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
But of course. It’s a fan forum.

Would you like me to dig up all the times you’ve fawned over someone’s post like an embarrassing sycophant?

“Oh Leysy! What an amazing insight! How DO you do that? Oh! Oh! Oh! Ooooooooooooooooh!!!”

*uncomfortable silence as Jazz gets out the cleaning products*
A little sensitive much? Gotta be able to laugh at yourself.

You must admit Leysy is pretty astute at times, even for a Tasmanian. Just be careful with his tips.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
genuine respect.
And i know it wasn't the intent, but i hope it got up Sheedys and the new Prezs nose ... it showed them something ..
Doubt they were in the rooms to even notice. Probably to busy scuttling out round the back door sniffing Jimmy's clacker in the hope he'll come back n rescue them next year.

Reactions: 1 user