Ben Rutten | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Ben Rutten

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Wouldn't mind seeing him sit in our coaches box for the Elim.

Reactions: 4 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
London to a brick Dimma has been on the phone to him today.

Dimma has also probably been on the phone to Chief Benny and Balmey

Bernie

Tiger Superstar
Aug 19, 2008
Tura Beach
Would be great but soft cap would no doubt prevent it.
Depends on the terms of his severance agreement as to whether we’d have to pay him full tote.

But just think of the irony in returning to Richmond. Essendon having viciously done Knights and now Rutten.

Anyway, whatever occurs with his immediate future, Rutten can take comfort in the fact he’s receiving half a million probably not to coach Essendon in 2023.

You’re now in safe waters Truck.

All the very best and stay ahead of the pack.

Reactions: 1 users

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
I know what Essendon said and what Rutten said at his presser, but I think he was told yesterday that he was sacked. Body language, facial expressions, the interaction with the Tigers at the end of the game, it all had the look of someone who’d been told they were gone.

Reactions: 4 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Easy to say with hindsight, Wasn't reported when I was writing this, and, gee, turns out I was right.

DS
It wasn't reported when you started your post but he was announced sacked by the time you finished it.

• Love
Reactions: 1 user

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
I know what Essendon said and what Rutten said at his presser, but I think he was told yesterday that he was sacked. Body language, facial expressions, the interaction with the Tigers at the end of the game, it all had the look of someone who’d been told they were gone.
yep. he was a mess in the change rooms, family getting around him. and Heppel was cagey

Legends of 2017

Finally!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 24, 2005
Melbourne
I wonder if he would come to us and work for nothing, or say a nominal $1 wage, since it would mean the druggies would have to pay him his contract out. He would be sticking it up them by working at a successful opposition club and giving them the proverbial finger, while helping the club out with its soft cap

Reactions: 2 users

jimbob

Tiger Superstar
Jul 20, 2008
Traralgon
I wonder if he would come to us and work for nothing, or say a nominal $1 wage, since it would mean the druggies would have to pay him his contract out. He would be sticking it up them by working at a successful opposition club and giving them the proverbial finger, while helping the club out with its soft cap
Exactly the scenario I was going to suggest. But you beat me to it.

Reactions: 1 users