Best back 6? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Best back 6?

Quickdraw

End of the drought
Jun 8, 2013
Grimes
Broad
Vlas
Balta
Tarrant
Rioli

Baker the 7th.

That's my starting 6 for R1. Round 23 hopefully has Gibbo back.

Reactions: 5 users

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
Who's in your best back 6?
Ill go back 7, cos really it is irrelevant which 6 start on the ground, we will name 7 backs each week.
Baker
Grimes
Balta
Vlastuin
Broad
DRioli
Tarrant

It will be very interesting where Gibcus plays when fit.

Reactions: 1 users

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Nah Soldo will still be the second ruck. If Miller pinch hits it’ll be up front more so than in the ruck.
We won't play Nank, Soldo and Miller in the same team, unless there are injuries and Miller is needed in a key post. Miller gave us something as #2. Soldo is a #1.

Reactions: 8 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Who does Gibcus push out? Balta to become a swing man?

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
We won't play Nank, Soldo and Miller in the same team, unless there are injuries and Miller is needed in a key post. Miller gave us something as #2. Soldo is a #1.
You’re only saying that because you think all 3 will play ruck. They won’t. Miller will play back or forward/swing man. Bit of bench time.

Otherwise if Soldo isn’t the second ruck in 2023, then you’re basically saying he’s out of a job.

And if Soldo is a number one ruck, then what is Nank ????

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
You’re only saying that because you think all 3 will play ruck. They won’t. Miller will play back or forward/swing man. Bit of bench time.

Otherwise if Soldo isn’t the second ruck in 2023, then you’re basically saying he’s out of a job.

And if Soldo is a number one ruck, then what is Nank ????
Nank and Soldo are both #1 rucks. Ruck is really the only position either can play. We'll see with Melbourne whether a team can play two #1s in the same side.

I think Miller will play as our second ruck and Soldo will start in the reserves. If we play both Soldo and Nank then I'm not sure there's a spot for Miller. You can't afford to rob your runners of rest time on the bench, not to mention the extra man in rotations.

Nank might not have long left in the game given he is 29, small, and has been a human battering ram. Him being captain could get problematic.

Reactions: 1 users

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Nank and Soldo are both #1 rucks. Ruck is really the only position either can play. We'll see with Melbourne whether a team can play two #1s in the same side.

I think Miller will play as our second ruck and Soldo will start in the reserves. If we play both Soldo and Nank then I'm not sure there's a spot for Miller. You can't afford to rob your runners of rest time on the bench, not to mention the extra man in rotations.

Nank might not have long left in the game given he is 29, small, and has been a human battering ram. Him being captain could get problematic.
Having said all that, I can see Dimma wanting to play both Soldo and Nank. It worked in 2019 and was working even better in 2020. Soldo giving our reinforced midfield first use is tantalising. But again, I don't see where that leaves Miller. Try picking an injury-free team with all three in it. Someone has to miss out - is it Cumberland? Tarrant?

Leysy Days

Tiger Legend
Feb 26, 2004

Correct

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv

Yeah sorry I’m not getting with much of that.

Nank and Soldo both play as rucks but one is clearly superior than the other. By the usual definition Nank is number one ruckman and Soldo two.

Melbourne have 2 very high quality rucks that are much closer in standard to each other than Nank and Soldo are. That’s a different equation all together. Soldo is nowhere near the ability of Gawn or Grundy.

There’s definitely a spot for Miller. He’ll either overtake Tarrant down back or we’ll throw him forward like we did at the end of last year and have been doing in sims at training the last few weeks.

As for ruck, he might pinch hit if we have an injury or to mix things up, but I’d be surprised if the club has Miller ahead of Soldo as the second ruck.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Having said all that, I can see Dimma wanting to play both Soldo and Nank. It worked in 2019 and was working even better in 2020. Soldo giving our reinforced midfield first use is tantalising. But again, I don't see where that leaves Miller. Try picking an injury-free team with all three in it. Someone has to miss out - is it Cumberland? Tarrant?
Yes. Tarrant.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Nothing against robbie tarrant,

I think he was a great pick-up

And he was only one corrupt ARC process away from

A medal.

But i think our chances of success this year increase with every VFL he plays

My regular 7 looks like this

Vlastuin balta grimes

Baker Broad Gibcus Rioli

Depth: tarrant short miller cotchin biggy banks brown

Tarranto and hopper is like having two Queens on a chessboard

Everything is liberated; every move insured.

Reactions: 2 users