What are you looking forward to in 2023 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

What are you looking forward to in 2023

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
We have a good crop of young cubs who will be given opportunities next year, it will be good to watch their development.

I'm especially excited by Jacob Bauer. In the space of 6 months he went from living in Sydney to Adelaide and then Melbourne. Being more settled in Melbourne can only be a good thing for him.

Jacob has a lot of good AFL attributes, is quick, a good mark and kick, i especially like his a attack on the ball.

I'm really looking forward to the progression that Jacob makes next season.

Reactions: 2 users

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Hopefully looking forward to a team that knows how to win the close games.

Reactions: 7 users

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
Not losing multiple games in the last couple of minutes would be a pretty handy start!

We could release a book over summer.... 'Self Sabotage for by Dummies!'

Apart from that, I wanna see what Sonsie does after getting a taste of it. Has ⭐ written all over him!

Reactions: 3 users

clown

Tiger Superstar
Mar 16, 2004
If we can get a good preseason into some of our kids and guys like RCD in particular really needs to hit the weights and tank. With some good recruiting for our midfield weaknesses and development of what we already have along with another good assistant coach i think we can give it a real shake next year.

Reactions: 1 user

Macca68

I'm a llama!
Mar 30, 2003
Getting as many games into Miller, Gibcus, Sonsie, Ross, Maurice, Cumbo, Hugo, Juddy, Banks and Brown as we can.

Swans showed the benefit of that last night.

Reactions: 5 users

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008
Sonie/Clarke/Banks/Brown/Cumberland/MRJ
Add Gibcus to that list too - he‘ll surely kick on.
Samson Ryan too
And ideally there’ll be one or two that we don’t even know about right now - pickups from draft/trade

All worth looking forward to

Reactions: 1 users

Brettstigers

Queen La Camilla
Mar 21, 2005
Sydney
Right its obvious we have to regenerate and you can only get so many players out of any single draft. I am interested in the balance the club strikes with retiring its aging champions and giving opportunities to kids who may or may not ever "make it" - regardless of whether they are the best we currently have. Always tricky as pretty much everyone gets touchy for a variety of good reasons.

Also where is out next A grade mid coming from? We are playing too well or at least competitively, to get near the bottom of the ladder and a high draft pick. Our midfield will be looking pretty light on without Edwards, Cotchin, Dusty and only 1/2 of Prestia. No Prestia, no Richmond atm - that has to change but I don't know how. Sonsie cant play every midfield position.

Interesting to see how many of these issues we will solve. Also interesting to see if Jack, Trent and Dusty can relax and enjoy their footy again, wind the clock back in 2023 and not give a damn given they know it will be the last season they play together - celebrate not mourn.

Finally can we send our recruiters in WA back to the prison system there? We need to get our order in for around half a dozen fish for RFC (hold the chips, and extra vinegar on the fish).

Reactions: 1 user

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Hoping firstly that we get back to more of our defensive pressure game of recent years instead of bloody loose shootout crap. Sydaknee n Colonwood have given us a strong reminder of how well it works.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
We have a good crop of young cubs who will be given opportunities next year, it will be good to watch their development.

I'm especially excited by Jacob Bauer. In the space of 6 months he went from living in Sydney to Adelaide and then Melbourne. Being more settled in Melbourne can only be a good thing for him.

Jacob has a lot of good AFL attributes, is quick, a good mark and kick, i especially like his a attack on the ball.

I'm really looking forward to the progression that Jacob makes next season.
Same here. Could be our Curnow.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Definitely looking forward to Ryan playing some games next year, he really showed some AFL qualities in the 2nd of half of the season.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Banks is the other one for me. If Banks can have a good pre-season I think he's a good option for one of the wings, adding Pickett and Taranto into our midfield mix will be huge. Along with another pre-season for the Sonz. Thats midfield development right there.

Quickdraw

End of the drought
Jun 8, 2013
Level playing field.

Fair draw. If you finish in the top 4 you get a harder draw etc. (Unlike Geelong).

Equal application of the rules (I know. I'm p!ssing into the wind but I can ask, can't I?). Oh, and Marlion says "Hi". :cool:

Quickdraw

End of the drought
Jun 8, 2013
And........................

With the way our season ended the the ARC FARCE, I've now got to the point of seriously couldn't care less. The game is, if not rigged, it's set up to favour some clubs over others. I've had enough of this *smile*.

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
We got a few good youngsters at the last drafts with some already in AFL but we need the other kids to step up at VFL to take the next step. Some will come from natural ability but others will need a good coach / nurturer to bring the best out of them like McRae did. Steve Morris is a great bloke but doesn't seem to have that X-factor needed. Dare I suggest Lambert (if he has the coaching credentials) or someone similar to bring the best out of our cubs?
From what little I have seen and read about our kids in AFL and ignoring those who have already played more than one game at the highest level, Ryan, Bauer, Banks, Clarke and Brown are about ready to take the next step but only need that extra nudge to become regulars and our future