Best Footballer In The Past 10 years | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Best Footballer In The Past 10 years

Who did you think is the best football of the past 10 years ?

• Wayne Carey

Votes: 32 100.0%
  • Nathan Buckley

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Michael Voss

• James Hird

• Gary Ablett

• Greg Williams

• Tony Lockett

• Someone Not Mentioned

• Total voters
jake_the_lad said:
What about Silvagni?

Sulvagni was a great player however, I was only able to include up to 8 selections to choice from.

There were other great players I missed like Dunstall, Kernahan, Hocking, Langford, Ayres, C Grant, Roos, Crawford, McLeod, etc.

Looks like no Collingwood supporters use this site. No votes for Buckley as yet.

Lockett was a great full foward, but I would personally go for Dunstall before Lockett.

I know people will disagree. However, Lockett replied so much on marking the ball using his strength, Dunstall used to also use his strenght to mark, but was also a better player than Lockett when the ball hit the ground.

Dunstall could have had the record for most goals, but he wasnt selfish and dished off / set up many goals.

Good topic and a hard one, as there is 6 contenders for the best player of the last 10 or even 20 years.
i will nut it down down to three, with uncertainty over 3rd or fourth
Gary Ablett, a natural tortured genius, on the football field.
Wayne carey, hate him but he was pretty damn good..
And a toss up between Michael Voss and Tony Lockett.. Im a bit unsure of lockett like Mwonash, and i also believe Matthew Lloyd will crush his record.. im talking 1,500 PLUS..
Theres been far better footballers ahead of lockett.. but considering the position he played and what he did.. well he has to be close..
Honourable mention goes to Scotty Turner. :)

What about Robert Harvey.
2 Brownlows, 5 B&F and 2 EJs

Well that's what Frawley said.