Best trade bait. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Best trade bait.

Who would we get more for?

• Joel Bowden

Votes: 26 96.3%
  • Matthew Richardson

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Darren *smile*

• Brad Ottens

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Greg Tivendale

• Aaron Fiora

• Rory Hilton

• Clinton King *he he he*

• Total voters

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
That's exactly why I haven't voted jackstar, even though as the question is worded I'd vote for Otto too.

It says "Who would we get more for?" NOT "Who should we trade."

Just shows what a valuable player people think Otto is. Lucky he's ours. ;D

the claw

thufferin thuckertash
Jun 17, 2003
WA
YeahNah said:
If we are fairdinkum about rebuilding, we should concider drawing a line in the sand and saying something like - we will only have 6 players on our list older than 25, and we will not recruit anyone older than 23 for the next 3 years unless the deal is so fantastic, we'd be bonkers to say no. Concerntrate on building a list that will be ultra competative then.
Trading Ottens would be a bad move unless the deal was outstanding. He could be there for a premiership at Tigerland. Holland may be good to trade, not because he isn't up to it, but because he may be long in the tooth when we need his type of player to be serious contenders. No short term solutions for at least 3 years, maybe not even after three years.
Thoughts anyone???
YEAH NAH Iagree with you on most of what you say but regarding ben holland he is not up to it he is to slow he cant kick has no ground skills. can only play on certain types, and doesn;t get any where near enough of the ball. and to top it all of were paying him a small fortune. he would have to be the worst tall on our list and as such the most tradeable

tiga

New RFC fitness regime under Wallace
Apr 28, 2003
Blue Mountains NSW
Ottens is a very valuable player and would no doubt attract a lot of interest if he was to be put up as trade bait, but I for one think it would be foolish to do so at this stage.
The only reason why we are discussing this is because of our current form slump. This has more to do with the way we're being coached rather than any indivdual player on the team. As Harry said earlier, Ottens and Tivva would be guns under a quality coach. It is up to the coach and his staff to get the best out of their players and I believe that is not happening at the moment. Sure we need to clean the cupboard and get rid of some duds, but Ottens is not one of them.

We need to run the lines, hit the first option and get those bloody clearances. As Sam Newman said on the footy show, we are the dumbest team in the competition at the moment and we all know who's influence that is!
"Look yeah nah, Its time for the coach to step up to the plate, take one on the body for the team and take a walk!"

julzqld

Do or do not - there is no try!
Dec 17, 2002
Palm Beach, Queensland
rosy3 said:
That's exactly why I haven't voted jackstar, even though as the question is worded I'd vote for Otto too.

It says "Who would we get more for?" NOT "Who should we trade."

Just shows what a valuable player people think Otto is. Lucky he's ours. ;D
Yeah that's exactly what I thought too.