Big calls 2019 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Big calls 2019

Bernie

Tiger Superstar
Aug 19, 2008
Tura Beach
Yes, that's for sure.
If Simon Goodwin hadn't signed a 3 year contract in February, he'd be on shaky ground too.
I was surprised with the Fox Footy report of the sacking where they postulated that Lyon was on a $500,000 pa contract. I seriously expected him to be on more.

In any event, with the early curtailment of his gig, coupled with the likelihood he won’t get a senior gig in 2020 and no job offer close to his former wage, then Freo will have their hands in their pockets come trade time and may need to offload some stock.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
The Chokers to lay a multi-bet when Stepho returns from holiday next week.

Reactions: 1 user

Tony Braxton-Hicks

There are no stupid ideas, just stupid people
Aug 10, 2004
The Playboy Mansion
I was surprised with the Fox Footy report of the sacking where they postulated that Lyon was on a $500,000 pa contract. I seriously expected him to be on more.

In any event, with the early curtailment of his gig, coupled with the likelihood he won’t get a senior gig in 2020 and no job offer close to his former wage, then Freo will have their hands in their pockets come trade time and may need to offload some stock.
All their assistants are out of contract so they can save some money there. Is Max Bailey back from his travels yet?

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003

$500,00 K was it, it seems a bit low doesn't it. He signed a 5 year contract extension in 2015 after losing the prelim final to the Hawks, they'd also lost the Grand Final to the Hawks in 2013.
Even if he took unders just to get the 5 years it still seems too low, considering their performances in the lead up to the extension.
I'd be inclined to think that they're just guessing.

tommystigers

Don't Boo! It is hurtful to the inept and corrupt.
Oct 6, 2004
Having a read through these there are some big calls that appear to have come true.