Bracksy,s govt attains new level of ineptness | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Bracksy,s govt attains new level of ineptness

ssstone

the mongrel plumber,and the heir apparent
Aug 11, 2006
ararat
im still yet to meet anyone who voted for this knob.must be the circle's ikeep :rofl :rofl :rofl

mb64

Tiger Legend
Jul 26, 2004
Melbourne
For the s11 ratbag protestors to be paid compensation is a disgrace.Shame on Bracks for agreeing to allow this.

poppa x

Tiger Legend
May 28, 2004
Mt Waverley
The S11 protest hurt me financially. I had a gig lined up on September 12 which would have earned me about $4,000. It was cancelled after the S11 violence. It also meant several thousand school kids missed a chance to see and talk with Bill Gates at Jeff's shed.

Maybe I should sue.

Liverpool

How did that Julia and Kevin thing work out? :)
Jan 24, 2005
Melbourne
poppa x said:
It also meant several thousand ABORIGINAL school kids missed a chance to see and talk with Bill Gates Sheik Hilali at Jeff's shed.

Maybe I should sue.

Now you're worth double! :rofl

Liverpool

Jan 24, 2005
Melbourne
Ah...Bracksys done it again! :help
I'm sure the farmers will love this... :-\

Aboriginal land row
March 21, 2007 10:00am

VICTORIANS planning to do any farming or construction work on soiled areas will have to consult Aboriginal inspectors and pay a $350 fee.
Under regulations soon to be released by the Victorian Government, landholders will have to pay a "registered Aboriginal party" to check their land before major work can begin.
According to a report in The Weekly Times, it is believed the regulations are set to come into effect at the start of Reconciliation Week, on May 27.
Under the regulations, anyone carrying out "high-impact'' activity in a "culturally sensitive'' area will need to develop a Cultural Heritage Management Plan.
High-impact activity includes subdividing land into more than three lots, building more than three houses, establishing or expanding a vineyard or irriigated cropping farm, digging dams near waterways, ripping rabbit warrens and building roads, railways and even shops.
Sensitive areas include registered cultural heritage places, native vegetation areas, areas within 200m of a waterways, ancient lakes, waterholes or natural springs, coastal crown land, national parks, high plains, dunes and caves.
Victorian Farmers Federation president Simon Ramsay said the draft regulations were ``totally absurd''.
The Weekly Times also revealed the Department of Victorian Communities was so concerned about the public's response to the draft regulations that only five confidential briefings have been held with industry organisations.
Municipal Association of Victoria chief executive Rob Spence said the regulations breached the Government's promise to cut red tape by 15 per cent by 2009 and 25 per cent by 2012.
``At a time when the Government says it's trying to reduce red tape they do this, which just ramps things up big time for rural councils,'' Mr Spence said.
The Government has already set out fees that farmers, councils, property developers and businesses will have to develop these plans.
Landholders will need to establish whether they need a plan or permit, and then pay a consultant to develop a management plan.
They will also need to check whether their site is listed on the Government's heritage register which costs $21.50.
With a completed plan, landholders need to pay a registered Aboriginal party between $215 to $6450 to evaluate the site as well as a $118.25 cultural-heritage permit fee to the Government to process their application.
A spokeswoman for Aboriginal Affairs Minister Gavin Jennings said the regulations had not been released and it was premature to discuss them.
They would only apply to work activities that already required some form of permit, she said.

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,21420441-2862,00.html

taraba

Eat em alive!!!
Jul 27, 2004
Planet Earth
I just cannot believe that this incompetent fool was voted into power again. And yeah sure like he wasn't wasted at the Heineken Classic all those years ago. Audio malfunction my foot. I dislike him on so many levels.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Liverpool said:
Victorian Farmers Federation president Simon Ramsay said the draft regulations were ``totally absurd''.

And so says rosy. What a load of crap. :mad:

A couple of years ago my husband had to dig some holes on Parks land and he had 2 aboriginal representitives standing watching, and being paid $300 a day each for their time, just to see if a bone or stone could be claimed as possible Aboriginal significance. ::)

Reminds me of Kath the elder I've mentioned before. There was a claim some bones dug up were Aboriginal bones. She said to the people involved "You white darkies wouldn't know the difference between hooman bones and kangaroo bones". She was probably right. ;)

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Anduril said:
Would Kath?

I don't get the reason for that question sorry Anduril. I wouldn't have a clue if she would or not, but she wasn't the one making the claims.

Anduril

You bow to no one!
Jul 29, 2004
Melbourne
Just an observation, wondering if would Kath be able to tell the difference or not. I know I wouldn't and my guess is very few people today could no matter what their cultural background.

Liverpool

Jan 24, 2005
Melbourne
Anduril said:
Just an observation, wondering if would Kath be able to tell the difference or not. I know I wouldn't and my guess is very few people today could no matter what their cultural background.

"Kath" should have bought some train carriages 5 years ago, she'd could've made a bundle of $$$ of these idiots.... :hihi.....what a joke and typical poor planning by Bracksy and his buddies:

Minister says train carriages buyback good value

The Victorian Government has defended the cost of buying back several old train carriages to boost Melbourne's suburban network.
The Government has spent $60,000 for three Hitachi carriages, which it sold to a collector for about $8,000 five years ago.
Public Transport Minister Lyn Kosky says a 12 per cent rise in commuters on the suburban rail network forced the buyback.
She says the old carriages are needed to provide extra services
"We will have four extra services running, which means 3,200 extra people travelling on our trains every day," she said.
"I think it is good value for money, given what it means for commuters."
Ms Kosky says the rise in the number of people using the train network was not expected.
Opposition public transport spokesman Terry Mulder says using the old carriages is embarrassing for Victoria.
"There has to be a significant investment in trains in the Budget paper next week - there has to be, otherwise it's going to be a shambles," he said.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/newsitems/200704/s1904270.htm

Legends of 2017

Finally!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 24, 2005
Melbourne
Liverpool said:
Ms Kosky says the rise in the number of people using the train network was not expected.

Amazing. The government has been encouraging more people to use public transport, and they weren't expecting a rise in use? :headscratch

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
Legends of 1980 said:
Liverpool said:

Amazing. The government has been encouraging more people to use public transport, and they weren't expecting a rise in use? :headscratch

Well normally no one listens to them.

ssstone

the mongrel plumber,and the heir apparent
Aug 11, 2006
ararat
steve bracks of the honest and transperent labor govermint looks to be heading home after his junket with the terminator to answer questions about what HE really did say to tatts management.no doubt this spineless snake will use parliamentry rules to avoid answering the committee.lying sack of *smile*

an_oxford_man

Tiger Champion
Nov 21, 2004
I'm all about Bracks having his own thread devoted to bagging him mercilessly... I feel that Johnny is entitled to his own thread too, probably more so than Bracks.

mld

hi
Apr 1, 2006
Melbs
I would be interested to hear if people think the privatisation of public transport has been successful so far.