Bracksy,s govt attains new level of ineptness | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Bracksy,s govt attains new level of ineptness

poppa x

Tiger Legend
May 28, 2004
Mt Waverley
mld said:
I would be interested to hear if people think the privatisation of public transport has been successful so far.

Economically yes because it stopped the bleeding.
But in all other respects no.
The service is worse, trains dirtier, more crowded.

Chelsea

Tiger Rookie
Mar 28, 2005
It seems that Mr. "We'll have an enquiry into it" Bracks has done it again!!! While spending Victorian taxpayers' money on a swimming pool that we didn't need, etc. etc. etc.... his Government was warned last year of this dangerous level crossing ,where 11 people lost their lives in the train accident this week. His Government "didn't think it required urgent attention". It's all very nice of him to be snivelling and crying on tv about it now, but it's too little too late. How anyone could vote this fool's Government for another term amazes me. Oh well, if Rudd gets in, it will be more of the same, but on a grander scale. Oh yes... Mr. "We'll have enquiry into it" Bracks is going to have an enquiry into the accident. ::)

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,21862219-661,00.html

Tubytiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 14, 2004
poppa x said:
Bad enough they did nothing having been fore-warned. But they are reopening the crossing with no changes.

There was nothing wrong with the crossing - just the driver of the truck who allegedly drove through the crossing with its lights and bells blaring.... ::)

Tiger74

In deedily doodily neighbourino!
Jul 2, 2004
Melbourne
In the paper today its been suggested the driver deliverately tried to outrun the train, breaking only at the last minute when he realized he couldn't.

Although I am an ALP supporter, I suggest we not bring this particular issue down to politics. 11 are dead, more injured, and it appears a guy who they say is a decent bloke may have to live with this on his plate for the rest of his life. There are no winners here, and this whole situation is sad :'(

Tiger Attack

Tiger Superstar
Apr 17, 2007
Tiger74 said:
In the paper today its been suggested the driver deliverately tried to outrun the train, breaking only at the last minute when he realized he couldn't.

Although I am an ALP supporter, I suggest we not bring this particular issue down to politics. 11 are dead, more injured, and it appears a guy who they say is a decent bloke may have to live with this on his plate for the rest of his life. There are no winners here, and this whole situation is sad :'(

:clap

Tiger Attack

Tiger Superstar
Apr 17, 2007
jb03 said:
Tiger Attack said:
Apparently Steve Bracks invaded Poland in 1939.

Did he set up an inquiry prior to assess whether the invasion was beneficial for Victoria?

The consultancy fees were offset by all the artworks he nicked!

mld

hi
Apr 1, 2006
Melbs
Tiger74 said:

Agreed. I find it bad enough when politicians use tragedies like this for partisan ends, it is a shame when anyone else does it. :-\

ssstone

the mongrel plumber,and the heir apparent
Aug 11, 2006
ararat
Tubytiger said:
poppa x said:
Bad enough they did nothing having been fore-warned. But they are reopening the crossing with no changes.

There was nothing wrong with the crossing - just the driver of the truck who allegedly drove through the crossing with its lights and bells blaring.... ::)
have you ever used that crossing tubby? have you ever crossed it in the autumn arvo with the sun in your eyes ? if not shut up.and if the driver was trying to beat the train how come he hit it at the back end ?and if there was nothing wrong with it why are the powers to be going to install early warning lights and boom gates. i know this crossing well,and at the least the road should be straightened up .this crossing was an accident waiting to happen with the traffic the swan hill rd carries these days.

Odduna

Tiger Rookie
Sep 26, 2005
Melbourne
ssstone said:
Tubytiger said:
poppa x said:

have you ever used that crossing tubby? have you ever crossed it in the autumn arvo with the sun in your eyes ? if not shut up.and if the driver was trying to beat the train how come he hit it at the back end ?and if there was nothing wrong with it why are the powers to be going to install early warning lights and boom gates. i know this crossing well,and at the least the road should be straightened up .this crossing was an accident waiting to happen with the traffic the swan hill rd carries these days.

I strongly suggest everyone waits for the result of the investigation in this matter.
The railway crossing issue should not be used as a political issue by either party, nor by states v federal or vice versa.

Normally, an investigation of this nature will check out the following:

a) Aspects of the train - speed (done by a 'black box'), maintance, lights, horn, driver, driver actions
b) Aspects of the truck - approx speed, maintance, approx when braking occurred.
c) Infrastructure - was the railway crossing up to Australian Standards
d) Enviromental aspects - vegetation, weather conditions.
e) Emergency services reaction.

Regarding your point about sun ssstone, it will be considered in the investigation.

Note: Australian Standards regarding railway crossings involves placement of signs, markings on roads, (lights & bells - for active railway crossings) and line of vision of drivers (roadside vegatation).

I must add, most accidents of this nature, the major cause is driver error. However, the reports still do indicate improvements to situations such as road alignment. Where i based my statement: www.atsb.gov.au

BTW, i have lived in country Victoria (including Lake Boga - just south of Swan Hill) most of life, i know this crossing very well.

My condolances to the families of all parties involved.

Tubytiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 14, 2004
ssstone said:
Tubytiger said:
poppa x said:

No i wont shut up thanks very much. I've driven plenty of times with the sun blasting into my eyes thanks very much. As for the cause of the accident - I wont say anything more than my initial comment regarding it seeing the head of VLine - Rob Barnett come out and said the morning after the incident.

Deleted
. I'm allowed my personal point of view without someone telling me to "shut up". Grow up - I take it that you have previously lived in the Swan Hill area because monbulk is a long way from where the accident happened mate.

ssstone

Aug 11, 2006
ararat
Tubytiger said:
ssstone said:
Tubytiger said:
poppa x said:

No i wont shut up thanks very much. I've driven plenty of times with the sun blasting into my eyes thanks very much. As for the cause of the accident - I wont say anything more than my initial comment regarding it seeing the head of VLine - Rob Barnett come out and said the morning after the incident.

Deleted
. I'm allowed my personal point of view without someone telling me to "shut up". Grow up - I take it that you have previously lived in the Swan Hill area because monbulk is a long way from where the accident happened mate.
is it a personal view point tubby or a quote from rob barnett,make up your mind.glad to see you know your geography.as an ex driver of a large transport company in the early 90's ive used that crossing more times than i care to remember.and that isnt the only dangerous one out there.nothing wrong with a crossing that was built early last century that is meant to cope with todays traffic eh.go for a drive into n.s,w country where most of their crossings are preceded with 30 kmh hairpins as opposed to our lets just run it at an angle 80 kmh limits that were designed when horse and cart were king.but they must be allright cause the head of v line told us :spin

Tubytiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 14, 2004
ssstone said:
Tubytiger said:
ssstone said:
Tubytiger said:
poppa x said:

Deleted
is it a personal view point tubby or a quote from rob barnett,make up your mind.glad to see you know your geography.as an ex driver of a large transport company in the early 90's ive used that crossing more times than i care to remember.and that isnt the only dangerous one out there.nothing wrong with a crossing that was built early last century that is meant to cope with todays traffic eh.go for a drive into n.s,w country where most of their crossings are preceded with 30 kmh hairpins as opposed to our lets just run it at an angle 80 kmh limits that were designed when horse and cart were king.but they must be allright cause the head of v line told us :spin

Fair enough Ssstone - I'm not a "trucky". We all have our personal points of view and maybe know a bit more around the actual incident then others do mate.

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
How funny are Bracksy's new water commercials. Claims he identified the drought in 2003 yet 'only' 4 years later is something announced. Must have taken 4 years to film the commercial.

ssstone

Aug 11, 2006
ararat
jb03 said:
How funny are Bracksy's new water commercials. Claims he identified the drought in 2003 yet 'only' 4 years later is something announced. Must have taken 4 years to film the commercial.
no only 2 weeks to film the commercial,50 weeks to look into it and 3 years to organise a consultancy firm to decide how to deal with the issue. :hihi

Liverpool

How did that Julia and Kevin thing work out? :)
Jan 24, 2005
Melbourne
ssstone said:
jb03 said:
no only 2 weeks to film the commercial,50 weeks to look into it and 3 years to organise a consultancy firm to decide how to deal with the issue. :hihi

And one day to double the water bills to fund it.... :rofl

MELBURNIANS have been warned that their water bills will double in five years to pay for the State Government's radical remedy for the water crisis.

http://www.theage.com.au/news/national/water-bills-set-to-double/2007/06/19/1182019116320.html

Tiger74

In deedily doodily neighbourino!
Jul 2, 2004
Melbourne
Whats the difference between paying with our water bill and paying with higher taxes, we will pay in the end anyway.

Or did we think the money fairy was going to give us all this stuff for free? ::)

Liverpool

How did that Julia and Kevin thing work out? :)
Jan 24, 2005
Melbourne
Tiger74 said:
Whats the difference between paying with our water bill and paying with higher taxes, we will pay in the end anyway.
Or did we think the money fairy was going to give us all this stuff for free? ::)

I think if he announced something and put our bill up SLIGHTLY, back in 2003 and onwards....that would have been better than doubling the water bill now, to pay for this plan he supposedly had since 2003.

The name of the thread suits this decision.