Brad "Great" Scott !! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Brad "Great" Scott !!

YinnarTiger

Tiger Legend
May 2, 2007
Gippsland
Now the genius brigade are floating club lists of as low as 30 players. Seriously, WHY?
They just put out that there is a discussion about this but give no reason for what the "problem" supposedly is.
Teams with deeper and more talented lists have an unfair advantage when one or more of their key elite players get injured. This solution is to help teams that, through no fault of their own, are disadvantaged by having poor recruiting and development skills within their football departments.

Quickdraw

End of the drought
Jun 8, 2013
Teams with deeper and more talented lists have an unfair advantage when one or more of their key elite players get injured. This solution is to help teams that, through no fault of their own, are disadvantaged by having poor recruiting and development skills within their football departments.
You're probably right, Yinnar.

My issues are that they haven't spelled out to us why they are looking at this, and secondly, I'm sick to death of the constant tinkering. I don't understand the attraction of constant review/change of the rules.

• Angry
Reactions: 1 users

YinnarTiger

Tiger Legend
May 2, 2007
Gippsland
Well they are not going to come straight out and say they are trying to halt the juggernaut that Richmond has become. They need to keep their real agenda (assist the likes of North, Geelong and GWS) under wraps and talk in generalities about things like fairness, equalisation and promoting competitiveness.

Reactions: 1 user

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Now the genius brigade are floating club lists of as low as 30 players. Seriously, WHY?
They just put out that there is a discussion about this but give no reason for what the "problem" supposedly is.
Pretty sure this has already been shown to be a major issue for the women's teams. Women"s lists of thirty players n then they've got a couple of supplementary players that they can't elevate until they're down to twenty three fit players and three or four clubs are already crying because they've got some long term injuries before the season had even started.

Clubs have just spent the last fifteen or twenty years fighting for the right to re- establish their reserves teams and list numbers. What *smile* arse licking demented fool at H.Q.would now turn around n start this sort of *smile* up again.

• Angry

Mac

Tiger Champion
Sep 16, 2003
Surely smaller lists is counter intuitive to their desire to expand the game. So many kids miss out on selection as it is. How does a decreased opportunity encourage grass roots level take up of the sport? Kids want to have a some chance of making it if they’re going to dedicate themselves to elite sport at school age. The notion of smaller lists makes that decision even harder. I would have thought there’d already be volumes of information and studies on this without this dunce trotting out this sort of inane pointlessness.

• Angry

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
Could be a way to level the playing field so that everyone on the list is likely to play AFL firsts at some time during the season. That it dilutes the game is immaterial to the policy and lawmakers

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
This is my major beef with the afl. There seems to be this agenda that if they don’t change something they are not doing their jobs

If there was nothing to do they be fired.
No one wants to lose a six figure salary.
Got to come up with something to stay

• Wow
Reactions: 3 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
They really need to leave it alone. I'm not minding the new kick in arrangement but 6-6-6 has barely changed anything.

They keep complaining about not enough scoring.

Not our fault - we scored plenty in the Grand Final, wasn't us who only kicked 3 goals!

DS

Reactions: 4 users

Tigaman

Tiger Champion
May 23, 2010
They really need to leave it alone. I'm not minding the new kick in arrangement but 6-6-6 has barely changed anything.

They keep complaining about not enough scoring.

Not our fault - we scored plenty in the Grand Final, wasn't us who only kicked 3 goals!

DS

Cost cutting exercise by employers . If it is cut then teams having to rely on feeder clubs eg Richnond VFl to feed players during the season I assume the feeder club would not be happy jam.

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
1. We'll make the goal square bigger and there's no need to kick it to yourself. Just play on. This will result in less congestion and clearing the ball further downfield. "We'll see less congestion and higher scoring"

2. We'll bring in a 6 - 6 - 6 rule. This will create a less congested square and we will see more instances of streaming out of the center square. "We'll see less congestion and higher scoring"

Questions
What evidence do you have to support your hypothesis?
Now that the rule has been running for some time, what does the evidence show?

I'm sick of it. Leave the f@#ken game alone you muppets.
There isn’t a problem. There never is. They invent one so they can give themselves a reason to justify their existence.

• Angry
Reactions: 5 users

TigerFlag2017

Tiger Legend
May 16, 2007
I heard a rumour that Brad and Chris are actually the same guy.

After seeing the Bachar Houli hologram at the Sports Museum Launch, cunning plan by the cats to infiltrate AFLHQ by creating a surly, know-it-all smug avatar of their coach.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Reactions: 1 user

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Geelong rated 16th defensively.
I thought they were the hardest team to score against.
Champion data must've used the preliminary final data.
8 goals after half time can do it...

frickenel

Tiger Champion
Jul 30, 2003
Hidden Valley
Lots of big picture stuff going on at head office. ..... The Evolution Manager will be all over this no doubt! :confused:

Wow!

They might even have to free up the AFLX name for when we start a competition for those who have no idea what their sex is!

The odd thing is, from such a politically correct organisation, that they are sexually specific anyway! In a world where mum and dad terms aren't to be used, or husband and wife etc (following the QANTAS lead), maybe they should just have two competitions called AFLit-1 and AFLit-2. And do a play off each year between the two comps to see who is 1 and who is 2.