Brad Ottens to South Aust ? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Brad Ottens to South Aust ?

nwonash

Tiger Champion
Aug 10, 2003
Melbourne
My brother heard a rumour that Brad Ottens wants to go back to South Australia. Has anyone else heard of this rumour ?
Like I wouldnt blame for poor guy if he did.
However, when I think about it, Port Adelaide have too many ruckmen and Adelaide have got two. However, Ottens is a quality player whom can play either in the ruck or up foward.

If he wants to go, then let him. He has had 5 years at the top level and really hasn't dominated as he was supposed to do.

Swap him.................................

I am with you Skiddy.
Seen Ottens handball to the Opposition twice last night and
he continually hit the ball down the throat of the Saints onballers.
Our big men should of had a field day last night.

Good trade bait I say.

Struth :mad:

1. Brad Ottens is contracted until the end of 2004

2. He has not made any comments about wanting to go home. He appears quite settled here - with some of his family living over here now.

3. Is 23 years old and coming back from a very serious injury that could have ended his career. The RFC is bloody lucky to be getting any games from him this year.

Trade otto , are you joking ?
not forgeting his back injury we were lucky to get a game out of him this year.
I have always been concerned about the south aussie boys wanting to go home but to give Otto up for what.
???

there is no way they would trade the big O!

let the guy have a full, un-interrupted pre season and i think next year we will see his true potential

Couldn't give a stuff who they trade these days the club are a joke and are a sad sight to see these days.......they are to scared to do anything incase they are veiwed as ruthless...there stuck with that dud Frawley now I hate to think what will happen to them by the time he is finished

Wait till he fully recovers and has a good pre-season, we will be seeing him flying next year, im telling you he is gonna be a champ.

Foolish to trade Ottens. You can build a forward line around him, unlike that ageing non achiever Richo.

Complete load of rubbish. A reliable source tells me Ottens has no ambitions whatsoever to return Adelaide. He is very settled here, has most of his family permanently living here and loves it here.

I think we all know where the Tiges are at the moment and have run out of players and coaches to bag - although I wouldn't mind going Dud again.........

Miller will try and rebuild the club around Ottens and Coughlan. I doubt he'll be going anywhere.

I'd offload a dozen others before Otto.We've only got 3 guys that can kick straight outside 30 metres from a set shot, and he's one of them.

Ottens really hasn't produced although has been an ok player hsa failed to live up to super star status and looks unlikley I beleive....trade him

There is no way they will trade Ottens. He's just come back from a serious back injury and any games he plays this season is a bonus. He's been an All Ausralian at 21 and is only 23. Big men take more time to develop.
And that's a load of crap that he wants to go back to SA. The aim at the end of the year is to rid the duds, not our good players.

Don't believe all the rubbish that you hear from a friend of a friends, butcher's, daughter's boyfriend!!! We are going to hear a lot of rubbish about player trades and players leaving clubs - 90% of it is crap!!! That is why it's called the "silly season", it seems to have started 4 weeks early this year.

Here we go again. Why dont we trade Cogs and Rodan and Newman while we are at it. Couldnt hurt to trade AK eitehr.

Give it a rest guys, ruckman that young and talented are the last type of player you want to get rid of.

He wont come back here.