Greg Miller | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Greg Miller

R

rampagingtiger

Getting Greg Miller in my opinion has been one of the best things to happen to RFC for years but it is becoming apparent that he has far too much power. Casey should never allow any administrator no matter how good to orchestrate changes to contracts ie. the clause that was taken out of Frawleys contract. All it does is leave the club open to large payouts when changes need to happen. We all know that the player list is no good, but the fact is Frawley and co are the ones who put it together over the past 4 years, they are responsible and they should accept the consequences.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
The best thing about having Greg Miller at Richmond is exactly ( the amount of power he has ). He has been rated as probably the best football manager going around over the past 15/20 years, I hope like hell he has been given the power to restructure the list.
It's one thing to go into the draft and try to top up a list and another to be given the opportunity to completely overhaul it . For years and years we have changed coaches and carried the players, just tinkering with the list. Maybe finally a proper review and clean up is about to be done.

diggler

The Tigers Spine
Dec 18, 2002
I think you ferals are going to be very dissappointed with your new messiah. Is he fair dinkum with his ridiculous comments that Duncan is the heart and sole of the place? He is mediocre like the rest of the clowns running the show. Nothing but a false prophet. Send him back to the hammerheads.

BalmyArmy

Tiger Superstar
Jul 15, 2003
Melbourne
diggler said:
I think you ferals are going to be very dissappointed with your new messiah. Is he fair dinkum with his ridiculous comments that Duncan is the heart and sole of the place? He is mediocre like the rest of the clowns running the show. Nothing but a false prophet. Send him back to the hammerheads.

If half the players had a heart as big as Duncan Kellaway, then we'd be winning flags. You are narrow minded to single out someone who has been riddled with injuries. You should be pointing the finger at spineless mongrels such as BOWDEN, Houlihan, Pettifer etc. I don't believe Miller actually said that Duncs was the best player at the club.

diggler

The Tigers Spine
Dec 18, 2002
Heard Miller speak 20 minutes before the game saying that Coughlan or Johnson will run with Harvey and behold un match fit Blumfield tags him. He has no credibility whatsover!!!

DragicevicFan

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2002
Melbourne
diggler said:
Heard Miller speak 20 minutes before the game saying that Coughlan or Johnson will run with Harvey and behold un match fit Blumfield tags him. He has no credibility whatsover!!!

In fairness to Miller, Frawley probably hadnt worked his match ups out by then

diggler

The Tigers Spine
Dec 18, 2002
Frawley would be still scratching his head right now with match ups!!! Blumfield couldnt keep up with Harvey if he tried.

nwonash

Tiger Champion
Aug 10, 2003
Melbourne
Lets rate Greg Miller on what he does during the off season.
I heard he has reviewed our player list and will get rid of some of the dead wood and individuals we have at the club.
I personally reckon Greg has done good so far, but his best is to come during the off season.
The man knows what his doing.

DragicevicFan

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2002
Melbourne
diggler said:
Frawley would be still scratching his head right now with match ups!!! Blumfield couldnt keep up with Harvey if he tried.

Doubt he's thinking about Richmond right now Diggler, he would be down at the St Kilda Social Club with Burkey, Loewe, Harvs and the boys

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Greg Miller should publicly apologise to the Victorian Cricket Team for his allegations/innuendo against them over the leaked memo if they are no longer suspects.

I have real issues with some of Greg's media statements.

The "Colingwood don't respect us" that gave them ammo to flog us.

The "Supporters should pay up and shut up" article that alienated people.

The sacrastic abuse of radio commentators who suggested in an interview that they'd been informed we played Campbo injured in the west. Despite his denial the club admitted it a couple of days later.

I get the feeling Danny Frawley can be pretty pig headed in his approach and I get the feeling Greg Miller can be a bit the same.

Egos can sometimes cloud judgement I think and sometimes you've just got to admit you've got it wrong.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
I was, and still am happy that Greg Miller was employed at Tigerland. He has got the runs on the board with the roos.
It will be interesting to see how Miller performs under pressure.
And he is under real pressure. He has shot his mouth off a few too many times.
I reckon part of the leaked document, was basically telling him to shut his mouth. Don't alienate the supporters.
We will soon see how good he is at his job.
I hope he's up to it.

mightytiges

The greatest Tiger of them all - Jack Dyer R.I.P.
Dec 16, 2002
I'll judge Miller by what happens or doesn't happen after round 22.

julzqld

Do or do not - there is no try!
Dec 17, 2002
Palm Beach, Queensland
Well Greg Miller, you've seen the worst that the Richmond Football Club can produce. Do your job and clean out the closet and get some fresh blood injected back into the club.

Koalalill

Just looking for someone else to curse!
Dec 17, 2002
EyeOfTheTiger said:
Didn't Greg Miller leave North under acrimonious circumstances?

NO.

But what was the point and relevance of your question ???

i am confused

Ruthless Tigers ?

Tiger Superstar
Aug 10, 2003
Amazing when someone starts a Greg Miller thread and we end up with Danny Frawley. Spud is a dud and if Miller has this club at heart then he and his coaching panel will be sent packing. The way Frawley is coaching he couldn't beat the Hammerheads!

Come on Greg show us the leadership you say we need.

gustiger12

Its Tiger Time
Jan 22, 2003
www.thaigerpics.com
I agree with MT. MILLER cannot really be judged until we see what happens in the off season.

As for his media comments that have been raised, they are basically storm in a teacup issues compared to the real issues that obviously exist at Tigerland IMHO.

BUT I raised this issue on another thread and it concerns me that if MILLER has as much faith in his football department as he claims, why has he seen it necessary to take personal responsibility for conducting his own review of the list and personally oversee the recruiting. Personally I am glad he is doing it, but isn't that the Coaches job and if you had total faith in him wouldn't you leave it to do and just oversee the process.

One suspects that his confidence is not as high as he would like the public to perceive.

Having said all that we are deluding ourselves if we ever think that any Football Operations Manager is ever going to come out and say that the Coach is a dud and his assistants aren't performing. They may think it, but they will never come out in Public and say it.

At the moment he appears to be the only ray of hope at the club and if that ray dims come years end we are in serious serious trouble if what we are seeing now is any indication.

Maybe things are worse than even he suspected when he came onboard. Certainly seem to be going from bad to worse at the moment.

jackstar

Tiger Matchwinner
Jul 5, 2003
Sorry but Miller can be judged now and you dont have to wait for the end of the season.
Judging starts by the backing of Spud the Dud, fancy frawley coaching again next year, what a joke all thanks our mate the Hammerhead (Miller ).
He can also be judged by the way he accused the Victorian Cricket team.
I have had enough of Miller already.
The mail is that he wasnt liked all that much at the kangaroos either and they were Glad to see his back

gustiger12

Its Tiger Time
Jan 22, 2003
www.thaigerpics.com
Any judgement now Jackstar would be premature.

I sure you and many others will be singing his praises if he lives up to his promise and cleans out the list and delivers a couple of recruiting coupes.

At the moment his is the only one in the football department, apart from Crocker, who has come from a club that had a sustained period of success, so he must have something going for him.

If he doesn't deliver then I will have serious concerns for our future.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Don't really plan on liking the bastard just hope the admin gave him a job to do when they appointed him and that he bloody well does it. Unfortunately we will only know whats what after the draft and it will be to late for anything once it's done. Just pray we aren't left hanging by the short ones.