Brandon Ellis | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Brandon Ellis

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Yep that early squib effort brought out bellis and brando went missing.

Reactions: 1 user

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
did a good job. Short had time to steady and hit Brando on the chest.

And that was at a very important stage in the game, they could’ve gone 2 up.
Shorts kick was shithouse, but Ellis’s efforts was why he needs to go. He filled his jocks.

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
I thought he played one of the worst games of football in quite sometime. He would hate to watch the replay and notice the amount of times he hesitated to take the hit.

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Gets dropped this week. Nothing surer.

H/S saying Brando would have to sacrifice over half a mil over the length of his contract to say at Punt Rd

He has to go, good luck to him. If I’m Carlton I want Coniglio and Ellis.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Gets dropped this week. Nothing surer.

He has to go, good luck to him. If I’m Carlton I want Coniglio and Ellis.
Happy to take Carlscum's first rounder either this year or next for Brando. Draft seems a bit thin this year so perhaps prefer next years pick.

Broders

Tiger Superstar
Jul 29, 2012
H/S saying Brando would have to sacrifice over half a mil over the length of his contract to say at Punt Rd
Fox Footy saying Ellis has officially put contract talks on hold, given how quick and painless his previous contract negotiations have gone I’d say this is a strong indication that he’s gone

Reactions: 1 users

Saladin

Better to fight for something than live for nothin
Oct 1, 2003
Unfortunately for him, he is a depth player. If he wants to go chase coin so be it. Or he can stay and be in a successful team.
Suspect the lure of coin will get him.

kiwitiger

Go the AllBlacks, the Storm , and the Tigers.
Jul 28, 2004
Can’t see us matching what others will pay

Reactions: 2 users

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
Fox Footy saying Ellis has officially put contract talks on hold, given how quick and painless his previous contract negotiations have gone I’d say this is a strong indication that he’s gone

Easy for me to say, sitting in the stands, all rugged up and cosy...... but gee, the boy doesn't enhance his negotiating position when he takes a little 'peek' at what's coming!

Last edited:

Rfc4Ever

Tiger Legend
Oct 5, 2007
Has more good games than not.
Will be sad to see him go if he indeed moves on.
We would be silly to pay overs for any role players.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
If the RFC makes the GF and manage to pull off a great win and Brando is part of it then his asking rate as a RFA would skyrocket as a dual premiership player.

Is that what he might be waiting for ... trade week /month whatever it is.

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne

but what are we talking about in terms of contract length? eg. If they're talking about a 4 year contract offer, you're talking about $125k less per year compared to a 2 year offer where its 250k less per year. huge difference.

The big question as far as I am concerned is... how the hell is he in our top 10% earners? that’s a head scratching one.

lukeanddad

Tiger Champion
Nov 17, 2008
The big question as far as I am concerned is... how the hell is he in our top 10% earners? that’s a head scratching one.

I must be missing something. How do we know this?

I'd have Lynch, Jack, Cotch, Dusty, Grimes, Nank, Alex, Dave, Vlaus, Titch, Lambert, Dion & Caddy ahead of him for sure. That's 13, or ~30% of our list.

If he's in the top 4, his manager is a genius.

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
I must be missing something. How do we know this?

I'd have Lynch, Jack, Cotch, Dusty, Grimes, Nank, Alex, Dave, Vlaus, Titch, Lambert, Dion & Caddy ahead of him for sure. That's 13, or ~30% of our list.

If he's in the top 4, his manager is a genius.

We know he's in the top 10% because he's a restricted free agent