Brandon Ellis | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Brandon Ellis

Wow, you need more than a $3m contract to get a first round pick! That sounds dodgy - oh I forgot, its the opaque corrupt AFL we are talking about!

Should be end of first round, which would be OK.

top 5% - first round
5-15% - end of first round
15-30% - second round

Ellis will also score points for his age (26).

Reactions: 1 users
Agreed to terms with Gold Coast.
5yrs @ 600k per year.

Good as gone as we won't match the offer. Will not be a 1st round pick as compensation, it will be a 2nd round pick.
according to whom ?

Sounds like typical guess work by the media

I think he will go , but only a couple of people would know what the deal was

Reactions: 1 user
Agreed to terms with Gold Coast.
5yrs @ 600k per year.

Good as gone as we won't match the offer. Will not be a 1st round pick as compensation, it will be a 2nd round pick.
That deal was good enough to get WC an end of first round pick for Scott Lycett last year.

Should be end of first round, which would be OK.

top 5% - first round
5-15% - end of first round
15-30% - second round

Ellis will also score points for his age (26).

Jeez i've read that mystery formula 3 times and still don't understand it :
length of deal bears no relevance.
Is the % component where Brandon will fit in top earners at Gold Coast or the AFL in general?

Anyway if contract accurate and goes ahead my guess is the AFL will find a way to give us a 2nd rounder not 1st

As much as i agree with the sentiment that he was incredibly poor at times again the Lions, I dont think he will be dropped and agree with it. We dropped him last year before the Pies game & I really thought we missed his running, spacing and grunt work. The thing is with Ellis for all his flaws when he is 'off', when he is on at about even 70%, his flaws seem to disappear. His body work becomes a strength, his possession becomes reliable etc.

As that game was swining in the 2nd against the Lions, one of the big turning points was our boys started running & Ellis & Lambert led that. Ellis was in our top 5 for meters gained. He also spent more time on the ground than nearly everyone, at 92%. Pretty positive he would have been top 5 for distance covered as well. When our players run without expectation of reward - we win and dominate.

For all his flaws when he is on the ground we tend to play better as he runs and commits to the gameplan 100%. I am not sure what the stats is, but i cant imagine that ouw w/l ration with him in or out of the side to show any glaring proof that we are a worse side with him in.

Moving forward I think he will leave and get paid somewhere and we will get a good compo pick for him & I do believe we can replace him with a more potent version. But i think he will play every game until then

I stand by my original comment. His past 2 games give you the full "YING & YANG" experience of his game. He was top 5 for us against the Cats.

Hopefully ha has a cracker and wins the Norm Smith.

That and a dual Premiership Player rating might get the extra 100K and us a first rounder lol.

Seriously hope Brando has a cracker for us on Saturday and he can leave on a ripping note, and go and collect his super in the sunshine.

Reactions: 1 users
Sad to see a 2017 premiership player go but you can read his face after Friday night's game. He was in 2 minds.

All the best Brando.

Looking likely that Brandon won't be with us in 2020, yet he put his body on the line against geelong and will be doing everything in his power to get another flag with us.

Jon Patton has been fit for almost 2 months now, but hasn't played a game. Strong rumours he has verbally agreed to go to Hawthorn and won't jeopardize his contract by playing for GWS

You want a comparison of the culture between our 2 clubs, look no further.

Reactions: 3 users
Good on Brando if that contract is correct. Sets him up for life. Can’t begrudge a bloke that.
Hope he finishes on a high note.
Thanks for the memories

Reactions: 4 users
Good on Brando if that contract is correct. Sets him up for life. Can’t begrudge a bloke that.
Hope he finishes on a high note.
Thanks for the memories

Agree but really shows the ineiptude of GC. Beliis is hot and cold. They need classy ball winners not outside flaky runners

according to whom ?

Sounds like typical guess work by the media

I think he will go , but only a couple of people would know what the deal was

Of course it's guess work. It's guess work because the AFL makes it all up as they go along. Wouldn't be surprised if we miss out on a first rounder and get an end of 2nd.

PS a 5 year $3mill deal for Ellis is just crazy. We would be nuts to anywhere near match that.

*smile* timing for this to come out. I am tipping it is based on the existing rumours and released for click-bait.

Reactions: 2 users