Brandon Ellis | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Brandon Ellis

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Yeah, he will be missed, but there was no way we could justify paying him the amount Gold Coast could fit in their salary cap.

Good luck to him, we should claim the credit for GC doing so well, Brandon took some positive culture up there from the premiership side.

DS

• Love
Reactions: 8 users

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
Only time will tell on that front. Might be the best signing the Suns ever made.
Jeepers tooheys, he's played one game against the worst team in the comp. I reckon the underrated Jarrod Witts and perhaps Harbrow have been their best signings.

Reactions: 1 users
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
For a start I don't think he'd have cost 550k a season to stay. Was pretty clear he wanted to. I'd love to know what our offer actually was.
Outside of KMac what endurance runners do we have on the list jimbob?
Brando was a very good link runner. Houli is our best but aging. Grigg also a big loss in this regard.
I've no doubt the club thought we could cover him with some of the talented kids we have on our list but it's one thing to think they can cover a 2 x premiership player, another to actually do it.

Reactions: 5 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Looked amazing today for the Suns & best of luck to him but must be asked did Dimma & Blair underrate his impact & importance?
Hardwick has said previously he underrated Brando's strengths. Maybe he wasn't one we should have let go..

Bobbles s running was important for the Tigers but off field he may have been just as important around the place, one of the most popular guys in the club apparently.

The club has lost Rance and Bobble two very popular players within the group in one off season.

That impact cannot be underestimated, maybe the fun and frivolity has diminished with these two going, most certainly with Tross going.

Reactions: 4 users

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Some great points by TOO and Craig.

You can’t put a value on ones character and what they bring to a group.

Ellis was a major influence when he opened up during the preseason of 2017 about his struggles as a kid.

From an on field perspective we are trying to fill his role with the likes of Graham. That’s says it all!

Reactions: 2 users

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
With interchanges endurance running is not such a thing, even less so this year with shorter quarters. People are looking for reasons for our poor form, Ellis not playing is not one of them.

Tigertool

Tiger Legend
Mar 10, 2008
I loved Brandy, but understood letting him go for the grander plan.

I just didn’t realise the grander plan was Ellis’ wing position being given to Jack Graham.

I’m a bit like Tooheys, I know 5 years @ $550k is unmatchable, but he would have stayed for less, and I pretty sure what we did offer was extremely low. Ellis had said he was basically told he wasn’t required.

Jewell

Tiger Cub
May 4, 2006
Clubs work more than 12 months in advance. If releasing Brandon allowed the salary cap space to bring Lynch in then not too many would argue with that

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
You can't keep everyone. Think about our trades in and out over the past three years, I'm pretty happy with the results.

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
I have a computer program that churns out football results.
I entered Ellis as a in for us and the result was a 9 goal win to us.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
While I appreciate there is debate over Ellis leaving as there should be, I have to say if they thought Graham would be a winger, well, I just can't see it. Not quick enough, his strengths are not those of a winger.

DS

Reactions: 3 users