Brendon Gale | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Brendon Gale

Browneye saying Benny's staying with us for another year rejecting the AFL role.

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Browneye saying Benny's staying with us for another year rejecting the AFL role.
That's probably going to cost us next year. I see an extra Sunday twilight game or two in our future. Not much else left the AFL could shaft us with.

Reactions: 1 user
Move us to Docklands/Colonial/Telstra Dome/Etihad/Marvel Dump permanently.
To ensure we don't win a solitairy game there.
That's seven on the bounce.
What hoodoo?
Shhhhh. For Christ's sake. Stop giving them ideas.

Reactions: 2 users
Great man is Brendon.
All kudos to him for rejecting afl and staying at RFC for another season.

It's great news that Benny is staying on. There is lots to do.

- Get the coaching appointment right.
- Improve recruiting and development.
- Improve the fitness and injury management.
- Oversee a clear list analysis and a clear plan to return to contention.

He has lots to get right. I think he is the man for the job.

Kudos to Benny. Being 2IC at the AFL would be an easier gig than getting us back to the promised land.

Last edited:
BG wanted to get under the hood, earlier in the season as we came to a splut stop.
I imagine he’d be finding lots of work to do in the off season.
Car Jeep GIF by JcrOffroad

To me Benny is :

"The Epitome of a Richmond Man."

Came to Richmond.
Played ONLY for Richmond.

Moved to the back offices.
Promised to improve Richmond.
Did. :clap2

Still at Richmond.
A one club Man.

Sure there is The Richmond way, and it looked like a Richmond game.
However if you are looking for a definition of a True, Richmond Man,

it would have to be this Man!

• Love
Reactions: 11 users
I'm very grateful that Benny Gale has elected to stay with RFC. He's got plenty to do.

Reactions: 7 users
Foolish and annoying incoming, just to be a pest of course.
But has Benny perhaps taken his eye off the ball a couple of times in the last year or two, or perhaps gotten a little to comfy, warm n cosy basking in all the premiership glory?????
Blokes been in charge for a long time now, doing the same stuff just rolling along with everything humming nicely, then all of a sudden the last couple of seasons.He's been distracted a bit helping to push the Tassie barrow, sniffing around Gilligan's chair.
Nek minnit, opposition clubs have pretty much worked out how to counter our game plan. The coach has packed up the kit bag for a northern summer and probably the Gold Coast glitz while our previous assistant coaches are having fun times leading other clubs. Our trade / draft strategy, so successful in recent years has hit a massive pot hole. Injury management has many wondering what the hell is going on.

Fish rots from the head is the old saying, has our head bloke spent a season or two long basking in the warm afterglow and started going a bit manky around the edges??? Does he have enough want left in the tank to reset and refresh the way we do things to get back up to the top of the heap???

Everybody loves the ride we've been on in recent years, the power and the glory of winning big games, finals and flags. Forever grateful for the holy footy trinity of Peggy, Benny, Dimma that led the club n fans to the promised land.
Peggy's gone, Dimma's gone, is it perhaps Benny's time to step away and refresh himself before moving onto something like the challenge of setting up Taswegiea.