Brendon Gale | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Brendon Gale

5SKULL5

What stands in the way, becomes the way!
Dec 20, 2004
Melbourne
The redevelopment at Punt Road is $20million short from the Tigers end. Would Benny really walk away from that?

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user

MB78

I can have my cake and eat it too
Sep 8, 2009
The redevelopment at Punt Road is $20million short from the Tigers end. Would Benny really walk away from that?
Great question. I feel that he very much has too much unfinished business.

On the other hand though I feel that he has been at our club for over 10 years now and owes it to himself to get maximum career satisfaction. So whatever he decides I will applaud him for it.

Reactions: 8 users
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Also to add. For anyone thinking Benny going to the AFL is a stepping stone to the top job.

Forget it. Unless Dillon resigns in the next 24 months that sail has passed.

Benny is two years older than Dillon. Age is already counting against him.

He ran second to Gillon a decade ago. It aint happening. Our man has said as much.
Yep. Unfortunately for him didn’t have ‘Boy’s Club’ on his otherwise excellent CV.

Reactions: 6 users

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
He's amazing Gale. His clarity of thought and presentation of it is 1st class. Strategically strong. Added together with a good dose of both street and footy smarts. Players, coaches and other admin staff love him to bits.

The glue to things at Punt Road imo. Would be a huge loss if he jumped to the Evil Empire.

Outstanding operator.

Reactions: 20 users

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
He's amazing Gale. His clarity of thought and presentation of it is 1st class. Strategically strong. Added together with a good dose of both street and footy smarts. Players, coaches and other admin staff love him to bits.

The glue to things at Punt Road imo. Would be a huge loss if he jumped to the Evil Empire.

Outstanding operator.
Unfortunately I think he will go. He will sort out who the new coach will be plus his successor before he goes.

Reactions: 2 users

bengal tigers

Tiger Superstar
Apr 29, 2015
I wonder if Ray Hall would be considered for the job ,if Benny leaves.
He has been working with the government for over a decade now.

Reactions: 1 users

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013

Outstanding operator.

Maybe he is the chosen one, the one said to bring balance to the force? :)

• Sad

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
I think Benny will go for two reasons
1. The AFL are desperate for it to happen and appear to be almost creating a job to attract him, including responsibility for setting up the Tassie team
2. The salary he would be getting would be a lot more than he gets from RFC. I read somewhere that the average cost of the top 4-5 AFL executives is about $1.3 million p.a.
Would be a massive loss for us but we have been blessed with having the best AFL CEO in the land for 14 years now and it has to end at some stage

Reactions: 11 users

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
They have created a role for him. He wouldn't have taken Scott's old role. They had to step it up to a more senior role.

The issue he will have is whether he finishes at Richmond immediately or whether he finishes up at the end of the year.

Plenty of conflicts if he hangs around but with Peggy and Dimma gone and the coach search, it would leave a massive hole

jimbob

Tiger Superstar
Jul 20, 2008
Traralgon
If the new role involves being the AFL MAN for Tassie, then he is the perfect person for the job. Being a Taswegian and a superb administrator, well, the stars are aligning. If he goes, I say, Thanks Bennie for what you have done for our Club as a player and CEO.

Reactions: 4 users

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
If Benny does go, which I dearly hope doesn't happen, Cain Liddle???
Benny was and always will be a Richmond man and I wonder whether that has played a part in his success and we can learn something from it ? I remember the tears in 2017 at the MCG but also the story of how he cried in his office before walking over to the ground before the game. That came from a 25 year association with the club and a love for it.
It is obviously about a decade too early but one person I could see being our CEO in the future is Trent Cotchin. For some reason I see him more in that role than coaching. He may choose to do something completely different of course. The other one is Dan Jackson who I always felt could go into Football administration.
I wonder if there is someone else in that category who is a Richmond man?
I like CEOs who support the club. I don't think it matters with a coach but with a CEO and President I think it does.
I am always available of course :ROFLMAO:

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 9 users

Ghost of 29

Handball - its just a fad!!
Aug 16, 2008
Joel Bowden?
I reckon Joel would be gettable. Especially with the club’s strong indigenous programs which was a major reason he moved back to the NT.
Super intelligent, thoughtful and greatly respected. And is more of a Richmond man than everyone ex Richo and Benny

Reactions: 2 users

TT33

Yellow & Black Member
Feb 17, 2004
Melbourne
Dan Jackson
Benny was and always will be a Richmond man and I wonder whether that has played a part in his success and we can learn something from it ? I remember the tears in 2017 at the MCG but also the story of how he cried in his office before walking over to the ground before the game. That came from a 25 year association with the club and a love for it.
It is obviously about a decade too early but one person I could see being our CEO in the future is Trent Cotchin. For some reason I see him more in that role than coaching. He may choose to do something completely different of course. The other one is Dan Jackson who I always felt could go into Football administration.
I wonder if there is someone else in that category who is a Richmond man?
I like CEOs who support the club. I don't think it matters with a coach but with a CEO and President I think it does.
I am always available of course :ROFLMAO:

Dan Jackson is an interesting possibility, a very smart man who's currently at the Crows in a Leadership role & has done a commerce degree I believe. Not the worst possibility imo.

But quite frankly I want Benny to stay, he's the absolute epitome of elite CEO's. We wouldn't have achieved the success we've had if Not for him. Gary March, Peggy, Dimma etc have all been a massive part of it, but Benny is the foundation stone on which it was all built.

I just love the guy.

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Dan Jackson

Dan Jackson is an interesting possibility, a very smart man who's currently at the Crows in a Leadership role & has done a commerce degree I believe. Not the worst possibility imo.

But quite frankly I want Benny to stay, he's the absolute epitome of elite CEO's. We wouldn't have achieved the success we've had if Not for him. Gary March, Peggy, Dimma etc have all been a massive part of it, but Benny is the foundation stone on which it was all built.

I just love the guy.
I don't think there is a Richmond person who wants Benny to leave TT, although I wouldn't be surprised if there is someone on this site who has some axe to grind with him. There usually is !!! :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users