Brendon Gale | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Brendon Gale

Danarchy

Tiger Rookie
Feb 25, 2008
Dromana
Does anyone know if the AFL paid for Brendons management degree at Harvard earlier this year.

Either way, handy skills and new ideas he'll be bringing to the table.

A positive appointment for mine.

mb64

Tiger Legend
Jul 26, 2004
Melbourne
Danarchy said:
Does anyone know if the AFL paid for Brendons management degree at Harvard earlier this year.

Either way, handy skills and new ideas he'll be bringing to the table.

A positive appointment for mine.
Agree,still like to know what the story is with Steve Wright who appears to have done a very good job.

NZ Tiger

Tiger Rookie
Apr 19, 2009
Interesting that the Club does not seem to have followed a 'process' for the appointment of the best available CEO' but instead seems to have signed up Benny.

Nothing against Benny and he has some excellent credentials, but with such an important appointment, I would have liked to have seen an open 'process' followed.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Doubt it will be announced that Wright is going to another club. Surely that would have leaked before our Benny appointment. But if that is the case then a lot more credit for Wright to keep it quiet until we announced a successor.

Whatever the reason, I hope he wasn't forced out.

Tiger74

In deedily doodily neighbourino!
Jul 2, 2004
Melbourne
NZ Tiger said:
Interesting that the Club does not seem to have followed a 'process' for the appointment of the best available CEO' but instead seems to have signed up Benny.

Nothing against Benny and he has some excellent credentials, but with such an important appointment, I would have liked to have seen an open 'process' followed.

How do you know a proper recruitment process didn't occur?

Also a CEO can build up his resume based upon thousands of opportunities across a range of industries, thus allowing any hirer to get an idea of their performance and track record. An AFL coach is much harder, as most applicants have never had the job, so it makes relying on track record much harder.

NZ Tiger

Tiger Rookie
Apr 19, 2009
Tiger74 said:
How do you know a proper recruitment process didn't occur?

Have you seen the position advertised or has anyone heard of a recruitment agency headhunting some potential candidates that could offer more in the role than Benny Gale?

johnson2richo2003

"Players stop improving is the day i leave."
Dec 19, 2002
At a guess id say it would be because of health issues in regards to Steve Wright.Couldn,t see him leaving to go to another club while the redevelopment of Punt Road and Cragieburn still in progress.
Well done on a great job Steve :clap :clap :clap

mb64

Tiger Legend
Jul 26, 2004
Melbourne
CptJonno2Madcow2005 said:
At a guess id say it would be because of health issues in regards to Steve Wright.Couldn,t see him leaving to go to another club while the redevelopment of Punt Road and Cragieburn still in progress.
Well done on a great job Steve :clap :clap :clap
I think your right Skipper,health may be the issue.He has done a very good job.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Health it is. All the best Steven, let's hope you recover well, get healthy again and watch us win the Flag.

Welcome aboard Benny.

mb64

Tiger Legend
Jul 26, 2004
Melbourne
Baloo said:
Health it is. All the best Steven, let's hope you recover well, get healthy again and watch us win the Flag.

Welcome aboard Benny.
Well summed up baloo,Steve staying with the club on a consultancy basis

Tiger74

In deedily doodily neighbourino!
Jul 2, 2004
Melbourne
Baloo said:

Welcome aboard Benny.

Same issue as before?

I hope Stevie Wright gets well soon. He has done more for our club than most in recent times :clap

ToraToraTora

Two outta three ain't bad.
Mar 21, 2005
QLD
Wright said he would wake up sometimes in the middle of the night with his hands paralyzed. And Gary actually mentioned the name of the syndrome again. So yes, same issues as before.

theglove3

Tiger Champion
Jun 3, 2003
ToraToraTora said:
Wright said he would wake up sometimes in the middle of the night with his hands paralyzed. And Gary actually mentioned the name of the syndrome again. So yes, same issues as before.

Guillain-Barre Syndrome !