Brendon Gale | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Brendon Gale

Punxsutawney Phil

Its Groundhog Day- same sh!t, different year
Apr 2, 2007
mb64 said:
Well summed up baloo,Steve staying with the club on a consultancy basis
Thats good to hear. While his health is the number one priority, its comforting to know that his skills are still available to the club.

Welcome aboard Benny...

Punxsutawney Phil

Its Groundhog Day- same sh!t, different year
Apr 2, 2007
tigerjoe12 said:
Benny is a POWERHOUSE signature to have. His return is long overdue IMO. Add to that a new coach...

Could we be looking at a new ERA at Tigerland?
Unless we can magically hire 30 new players then I would suggest its a bit early to declare a new era is about to commence.

ToraToraTora

Two outta three ain't bad.
Mar 21, 2005
QLD
If the comp suddenly becomes an on-field battle between CEOs, sure, get ready for 5 flags in a row.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
I wonder how the media will react.

KB has signalled is a great move by the club.
The last time Car and Benny faced off it was quite an icey affair with Benny not hiding his annoyance.

SpaceAce

Tiger Superstar
Aug 19, 2007
Fantastic decision :clap I love Benny Gale. He is a terrific Richmond person with impressive professional qualifications (Law degree) and credibility. I have always wanted to see him back at Punt Road.

Singapore Tiger

Singapore Tiger - now resident in Amsterdam
Mar 5, 2009
Well done to Steven Wright and good luck with your health issues.

Welcome Benny - good to have you back! :clap :clap

ILuvLids

Tiger Superstar
Sep 7, 2006
Well done Steven Wright. :clap

Welcome back to Tigerland Benny!!! ;D :clap
A fantastic decision by the footy club! :clap

K3

Tiger Legend
Oct 9, 2006
Thanks for all your hard work Steven, you have definitely left the club in a MUCH better state than you found it. Thank you.

Benny... welcome back, it is great to have you on-board!

Dyer Disciple

Tiger Legend
Oct 1, 2007
Been a lot of doubters on here that Benny would come back to Richmond as he could eye Vlad's job, however as I've said on here time again, Benny has a massive passion for our club. It's not a token reference due to his playing days either. When he went on that intensive Harvard education course (yes the AFL paid for it to the person who asked) he was checking back in to Melbourne regularly wanting to know how the Tiges were doing.

This is a massive appointment. Finally we have a heavyweight figure in both credibility and profile. Finally we have a figure at the club capable of taking on the other heavyweights who won't take a backward step or put his foot in it regularly. He will compliment March well for the period they work together.

As i said in the other thread Wright had completed a 5 year off field/development plan which was really his baby. The key achievements in that being things like the redevelopment of ground and facilities. Wright has done the bulk of his work he had to offer and is more than capable of continuing in a consultancy role where I hazard a guess from discussions with him, he will support us futher in corporate sponsorships and relations. A place he has done (and is doing) a lot of good work behind the scenes and made invaluable contacts/networks.

Thanks for your hard work Steven you have given Benny a rock solid foundation to really build something majestic upon.

What a fantastic start to the week! :) :) :)

Tiger74

In deedily doodily neighbourino!
Jul 2, 2004
Melbourne
One-eyed Tiger said:
I'm tipping Joel Bowden to replace Benny at the AFLPA..................

hope not. I'm still hoping he takes on a role with our new indigenous training centre

gustiger12

Its Tiger Time
Jan 22, 2003
www.thaigerpics.com
Dyer Disciple said:
Been a lot of doubters on here that Benny would come back to Richmond as he could eye Vlad's job, however as I've said on here time again, Benny has a massive passion for our club. It's not a token reference due to his playing days either. When he went on that intensive Harvard education course (yes the AFL paid for it to the person who asked) he was checking back in to Melbourne regularly wanting to know how the Tiges were doing.

This is a massive appointment. Finally we have a heavyweight figure in both credibility and profile. Finally we have a figure at the club capable of taking on the other heavyweights who won't take a backward step or put his foot in it regularly. He will compliment March well for the period they work together.

As i said in the other thread Wright had completed a 5 year off field/development plan which was really his baby. The key achievements in that being things like the redevelopment of ground and facilities. Wright has done the bulk of his work he had to offer and is more than capable of continuing in a consultancy role where I hazard a guess from discussions with him, he will support us futher in corporate sponsorships and relations. A place he has done (and is doing) a lot of good work behind the scenes and made invaluable contacts/networks.

Thanks for your hard work Steven you have given Benny a rock solid foundation to really build something majestic upon.

Great Post DD :clap :clap

Steven Wright has done an excellent Job and hope he recovers from the health issues.

We have seen a massive turn around off field and no doubt Wright has been a big part of that.

However given that the change was forced, due to health, I couldn't think of a better persons to fill the void.

Very smart bloke with a Passion for the Tigers, they don't grow on Tree's (Apologies to anyone I've offended). But seriously to have someone with Bennys credentials take over is a major coupe.

All we need now is a positive coaching announcement and we will have set some giant step in place to turning PR around.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
What's Gale's relationship with Demestos like ? I would think it's a good one seeing Gale held off free agency to help the AFl get the new teams in place and the fact that the AFL paid for Gale's course.

It would nice to have a CEO who has a good working relationship with the AFL.

BillyJean17

Tiger Champion
Jul 27, 2009
melbourne
Dyer Disciple said:

well said, steve wright has done a tremendous job against the odds considering the poor on field perfomnace...He has built a tremendous platform for Benny to follow :clap

meltiger

Bling!
Jul 19, 2004
Altona
Tiger74 said:
hope not. I'm still hoping he takes on a role with our new indigenous training centre

Yep

Either that, or goes home to the NT to continue some of the good work he's already been involved in up there.

Can do much more important work in these roles than being the players union head. Although admittedly they do have an interesting time ahead with Free Agency etc likely to be introduced in some fashion within the next 5 years.

On Benny, not going to pretend to say I am in a position to judge whether this is a good appointment or not, I'll trust the club knows what it's doing and just say I'm rapt to see one of my favourite ever Tigers return to the club :)