Brendon Gale | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Brendon Gale

Col.E.Kurtz

Tiger Legend
Apr 4, 2005
As a member of the Benny Gale appreciation society I am obviously chuffed that we got Benny.

But forgetting his playing days, it’s still a good sign that we could attract a quality candidate who had options elsewhere to the job. It show we’re not a complete basket case. Add a new coach signing at the end of the year and pick 3 at least we’ve got some off field good news.

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Great to hear that Gale acknowleded that currently we are not a big four club. Until the club understands that the past will not build the future nothing will change. Great appointment and I must say Gale is talking over a very steady ship and Steven Wright should walk away knowing that he is leaving the club in a much better condition then he recieved it in.

Ty Esler

"Mark Maclure can get stuffed"
May 10, 2005
;D This is a great move, Benny is extremely well-respected figure with the AFL. It is a coup to get him to replace Steven Wright, who has done a good job in addressing the off-field situation.

TigerFlag2017

Tiger Legend
May 16, 2007
Some risk due to lack of General Mgmt experience but obviously understands the industry and has credibility. Could be seen as a parallel with a James Sutherland in terms of career development.

Barnzy

What about me?
Mar 6, 2009
Sad that Wright had to step down due to the illness he is battling, he has done a great job. Fantastic that we have got a good replacement though.

"Sadly I won’t be able to continue as CEO of Richmond, the club that I love.

"Pleasingly, I will continue to remain involved with the club in the coming year as a consultant working on both the $20 million redevelopment at Punt Road and the creation of the Australian Institute of Indigenous Learning and Skills Development.

Also good to hear that Wright will still be involved in some capacity at the club, albeit a smaller workload.

Col.E.Kurtz

Tiger Legend
Apr 4, 2005
Tigerflag2008 said:
Some risk due to lack of General Mgmt experience but obviously understands the industry and has credibility. Could be seen as a parallel with a James Sutherland in terms of career development.

Having your talented predecessor (who doesn’t want the job) around as a consultant to mentor you through the learning stage seems like an ideal situation for Benny

SpaceAce

Tiger Superstar
Aug 19, 2007
ToraToraTora said:
I was struck by Gale's very very low key, almost pessimistic words.

I think his tone was appropriate given that we have often hyped up many of our appointments. What I love about Gale is his honesty and pragmatism. We need professional,intelligent and competant people like him back at the club in order to rectify the "layers of damage" which we have sustained over 27 years!!

BillyJean17

Tiger Champion
Jul 27, 2009
melbourne
SpaceAce said:
I think his tone was appropriate given that we have often hyped up many of our appointments. What I love about Gale is his honesty and pragmatism. We need professional,intelligent and competant people like him back at the club in order to rectify the "layers of damage" which we have sustained over 27 years!!

well said, a measured and balanced approach is what is required no chest beating , we are the greatest type hyperbole...I look forward to Benny getting his hands dirty :spin

SpaceAce

Tiger Superstar
Aug 19, 2007
BillyJean17 said:
well said, a measured and balanced approach is what is required no chest beating , we are the greatest type hyperbole...I look forward to Benny getting his hands dirty :spin

I honestly believe our club is really maturing and acting more professionally than in previous years. This will eventually facilitate a change in the culture at Richmond, and it starts with quality people like Benny Gale being at the club as well as a rigid selection process to find the next coach.

velo

Tiger Superstar
Feb 11, 2008
ToraToraTora said:
I was struck by Gale's very very low key, almost pessimistic words.

As was I but in a good way. We need a realist about the place. I'm tired of the cheerleading and media spin.

R_for_Richmond

Insane Tiger
Apr 13, 2007
Melbourne
:clap Had a little to do with Benny while he was doing his articles at Mallesons Law Firm. For someone with a high sports profile he was very humble and extremely approachable. Someone got Benny to get a RFC football signed by several of the players for Xmas KK. Thanks for the signed footy Benny. Astute business mind, consummate professional, and a down right good bloke. Good Luck and welcome abroad Benny.

Hypoxic

Tiger Rookie
Jun 4, 2008
Congrats to Steve for a fantastic job and best wishes for the future. :clap

Welcome Brendan and all the very best as you build the foundation that Steve has laid.

Bennnny

Punt Road End. The best place to watch The Tiges.
Mar 29, 2005
Melbourne
www.indieinitiative.com
The issue at Richmond is the culture, not the players.
A more supportive environment will change it all around.
Jade identified the problem amongst the players, Wallace hinted at the backbiting behind the scenes.
Brendan won't take the rubbish.

Many would think he was being groomed for next head of the AFL so it is a great appointment for us.

Joel Bowden to head the Palyers Association?

mb64

Tiger Legend
Jul 26, 2004
Melbourne
Tigers of Old said:
Benny's got more than half a brain.
He realises the enormity of the task he's just about to take on.
Next year will be a tough one for the RFC.
And he will be an excellent ceo

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
Bennnny said:
Joel Bowden to head the Palyers Association?

No, I asked him that question personally yesterday. He was offered the job 2 weeks ago. Knocked it back because he wants to return to school and get away from footy for a while.
I knew then something was up, because I hadnt heard anything about Benny Gale (who was also there yesterday) stepping down as AFLPA Pres. Good get RFC.

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Tigers of Old said:
Benny's got more than half a brain.
He realises the enormity of the task he's just about to take on.

Yeah, Cousins was always fighting a uphill battle to carry us to greatness. ;D