Brisbane v Richmond September 1 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Brisbane v Richmond September 1

Birdman19

Plodder
Apr 16, 2009
Big calls with selection there Dimma. Win/win situation. No down side to Dimma showing faith in the kids. Fortune favours the brave. Eat 'Em Alive Tigers!!!!!

Reactions: 2 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Is "The Barometer" playing tomorrow night? Between him, Mitch Robinson and Dane Zorko, Lions are an easy team to dislike

Reactions: 4 users

Honest John

Tiger Cub
Sep 12, 2020
Yes pretty brave going with all the young blokes in Gibcus, Sonz, Cumberland, Miller and MJ a danger of inexperience costing, (nah), but what an experience and boon for their development regardless of result, I like it.
In 2017, Butler, Broad, Graham, Castagna all first year players or pretty close to it. Rioli second year. Deja vu

Reactions: 5 users

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
We won 3 premierships with 1 Rioli.
Wonder how we’ll go with 2 in the team?

Reactions: 3 users

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
You can't replicate finals.
true. but there was pressure to win those games. and the kids would've learnt something
this one will be more intensive than Ess, Port and Hawthorn
yep. but as above, they've seen the need to win and found out stuff about the type of game they'll get

I'm backing them to do alright whatever happens .. they're Tigers ... and it's finals ...

and who were we going to pick otherwise .. ?

Reactions: 1 users

T-Shirt Tommy

Have you got the oven on?
Apr 11, 2011
Bit nervous about this one.

Too much positive press for us and negative press for them.

Now that I've said that, we'll probably win by 8 goals.

Reactions: 6 users

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv

Agree. From an odds perspective Blandbane are value.

At least 6 finals debutants. Sensational. Cmoooon !!!

Reactions: 1 users

lamb22

Tiger Legend
Jan 29, 2005
Tough selection issue this week. Common sense decision. We need to at least break even in midfield so dropping a Sonsie or Ross was risky . Shed stiff but a forward line of lynch Jack Shai Cumberland MJ and the goat. WOW!! Just need the Defence to stay composed. I have a feeling Vlaustuin will be motivated to have a good one.

Reactions: 1 user

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Looks a good selection, in past finals series we have gone in with minimal changes and it works. The young players have been doing well so they get their spots on merit and great experience for them.

Think they will go with Shedda as sub. It is a good selection, proven finals performer, yes, down on form and at the end of his career but we know what he is capable of and can be slotted in to a lot of positions.

We should win this but given our inconsistency this year the finals are a bit of a free hit. Let's see how far we can go.

DS

Reactions: 3 users

Batchelor Party

Tiger Matchwinner
Mar 25, 2011
USA
Hoping 10 minutes into the 3rd Dusty subbed off with the Tigers up by 7 goals and the great man with 4 to his name. No injury of course just 'awareness"

Reactions: 1 user

strongandbold

Tiger Cub
Aug 29, 2022

True… that makes me nervous too. But yes we will win and hopefully by a huge margin … still nervous though lol