Broady, Aarts & Pickett re-sign | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Broady, Aarts & Pickett re-sign

K3

Tiger Legend
Oct 9, 2006
Great news on those 3.

Remaining OOC are Egg, Garthwaite, Miller, Houli and Markov (going)

As much as I like him, there could be worse things than Houli leaving a year early so we can keep Markov.

Reactions: 1 user

Rancey18

Tiger Champion
Mar 15, 2014
Aarts - 2 years seems generous
I would have given him a 1 year contract. Not convinced yet, and his finals performance was representative of my concerns with him, so would have given him a year to earn his next contract.

Reactions: 1 users

ToraToraTora

Two outta three ain't bad.
Mar 21, 2005
QLD
Sensational news. If we can inject RCD (into the midfield you idiots) next year and perhaps some help for Jack we can easily do it again.

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Great news on those 3.

Remaining OOC are Egg, Garthwaite, Miller, Houli and Markov (going)
Thanks MrP, Houli obviously isn’t going anywhere, I think I’d rather have kept Turner then the others, however I’ll trust BH over me every day of the week

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
this makes me so happy.

'if they both stay, I am extremely confident we will win the flag in 2021'

lmfao you be extremely confident of winning the next 3 if we’d just delisted Martin, Lynch and Grimes :mhihi :mhihi :mhihi

• Love

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
great news. 2 tough hombres.
happy for Aarts, who's no slouch, put in plenty of good work when others weren't available this year.

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
I would have given him a 1 year contract. Not convinced yet, and his finals performance was representative of my concerns with him, so would have given him a year to earn his next contract.
Likewise, especially in the current environment. Is he a much better prospect than Higgins or Markov? Certain?

There's a few guys who are looking very lucky to me.

But great news about Marlion and Broady. Well deserved.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Thanks MrP, Houli obviously isn’t going anywhere, I think I’d rather have kept Turner then the others, however I’ll trust BH over me every day of the week

Yeah I think the other 4 will all go if we don't trade Higgo.

Consensus seems to indicate a decline to 40 on the list, we are at 41, if we plan on taking our 1st, MRJ and Baxter (anyone heard if we are taking him) so if we take 3, we need to drop 4 off the list.

I reckon if list sizes weren't reducing we would have kept Turner, but too many of his type and he's the one out of contract, unfortunate for the kid. He's still very young, doesn't turn 20 for 2 months.

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Yeah I think the other 4 will all go if we don't trade Higgo.

Consensus seems to indicate a decline to 40 on the list, we are at 41, if we plan on taking our 1st, MRJ and Baxter (anyone heard if we are taking him) so if we take 3, we need to drop 4 off the list.

I reckon if list sizes weren't reducing we would have kept Turner, but too many of his type and he's the one out of contract, unfortunate for the kid. He's still very young, doesn't turn 20 for 2 months.
Stack and CJ could be interesting list choices too. I’d keep both

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013

I'd have thought we'd have heard by now if they were going to be sacked.

Dimma has continued to state the same thing around "they will be very good players for us for a long time" so I don't think they will be sacked.

Reactions: 1 users

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
I'd have thought we'd have heard by now if they were going to be sacked.

Dimma has continued to state the same thing around "they will be very good players for us for a long time" so I don't think they will be sacked.
I believe they were doing what they needed to be doing , so fingers crossed

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Sounding like Oleg and Higgins going, but great to sign Broad, Aarts and Pickett.

Hope Pickett is getting a good deal.

You do wonder sometimes at who stays and who goes, I suspect this is not just the choice of the club as some players and their managers might be harder to sign if they have other offers and/or see better prospects elsewhere.

DS

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Losing another 2 very good clubmen in Oleg and Higgo it seems, but keeping 3 others with Nathan Marlion and Jakey

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
I think the club has got around them and they will both get another chance.

CCJ wasn't likely going anywhere being contracted and even moreso once Soldo went down.

Stack was the question mark and probably still is.

Last edited:

taztiger4

Shovelheads- Keeping hipsters off Harley's
Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria
and ofthe rookies only Dekka unsigned now
40Rookie43DerekEggmolesse Smith28-10-193rd Year on rookie list CatB in 2020